Summer Movie Thread

MI3 - pretty good action flick, very Alias like though - suppose since director/producer of Alias is the director of MI3. I enjoyed it immensely.

Posiedon - cruise ship gets hit by a rogue wave, turns upside down and a group of people try to find a way out. Short on character development (lil over 90min compared to 180min original), but another good fast paced movie.

Da Vinci Code - not bad IMHO. I haven't read the book yet, so not sure how different it is, but I thought it was good. I did think it was a bit long/slow at points, but never checked my watch, so guess thats a good sign. This will make a heap of dosh - I'm pretty positive of that, and by the way critics did pan it, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as they made out. Think of it as a thinking man's National Treasure.

Da Vinci Code - not bad IMHO. I haven't read the book yet, so not sure how different it is, but I thought it was good. I did think it was a bit long/slow at points, but never checked my watch, so guess thats a good sign. This will make a heap of dosh - I'm pretty positive of that, and by the way critics did pan it, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as they made out. Think of it as a thinking man's National Treasure.

Sorry, Brit - I've got to disagree. I thought it was a load of cobblers. Just shows - great director (Ron Howard), great cast (Hanks, Bettany, McKellen, Tatou) and a pretty good book (hardly Dickens but not a bad read) couldn't make this good.

I don't know who did the screenplay, but they shouldn't give up the day job.

Sorry, Brit - I've got to disagree. I thought it was a load of cobblers. Just shows - great director (Ron Howard), great cast (Hanks, Bettany, McKellen, Tatou) and a pretty good book (hardly Dickens but not a bad read) couldn't make this good.

I don't know who did the screenplay, but they shouldn't give up the day job.

Do you think you expected more because you read the book? (find if I read a good book and then a movie is made of it - I'm always disappointed)

I read the book and enjoyed it. I fell asleep during the movie. Hubby wanted to know why we spent the money for me to snore! From what I saw, it was alright but no where as good as the book. I wish now, I had watched MI3.

Da Vinci code - pretty lame, ditto for Posideon, although slightly better.

The new Superman movie will be best movie this summer I reckon. And the worst? Almost certainly it will be Tokyo Drift, the latest Fast & Furious installment...

Edited by dantilley

Book was pretty good, although tangential ramblings and a lack of continuity in parts spoit it a bit. Probably not worth seeing the movie after the book.

Superman could be a good 'un. :o

I'm waiting for my buddy to bring me back "Hostel" Quentin Tarrentino's latest. Love his stuff. Anybody seen it yet?

Actually produced by Quentin Tartino - director was some young lad who did another horror flick called Cabin Fever. Anyways hostel is quite good - had a good laff sort follows the motto if its too good to be true then it usually is. Over the top violent and certainly gives Bratsliva a good name. (hot birds though)

Just seen The Da Vinci Code. Very faithful to the book - which is where lies the problem! Perhaps the makers of the film were trying to expose the book for what it is - by recreating the appallingly unfeasible dialogue. Maybe it will be seen as a work of genius in years to come!

The Da Vinci Code has been seriously panned by the critics here in the UK!

I saw it last week, thought it was not very good , thinking of going to see Poseidon next - is it any good??

Poseidon - pretty good IMHO. Streamlined from the original (lil over 90min) - don't get the rubbish background info. Straight into the action - I enjoyed it immensely.

• 3 weeks later...

I liked "Cars", Pixar's latest effort, however my 3yr old has no interest in it. Normally he goes crazy for their movies.

For me the movie of the summer will be Pirates 2. Trailer looks fantastic and the role fits Depp like a glove now

• 2 weeks later...