Building a Website on a budget, Anyone have any advise?

lmfao

Hello all,

Although I have studied networking, I have never studied web design and I can only built a basic website with wordpress etc, and they always turn out non professional.

So do any of the TV members Know of any Thai web design students, or any foreign companies online where I can get them to built a basic website where it will look professional... and not cost a fortune?

As I did know a guy before who told me he had a company online from India design all his websites etc.

Any suggestion's would be greatly appreciated...

With so many pre done to choose from why not explore and play with the professional free templates available.

A good wysiwyg program also has them built in, ideal for what you describe (imho).

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 2

Weebly is free to start with and it is cheap if you want to go PRO
Squarespace is another drag and drop website maker that has that professional look you are looking for but is a bit more costly than weebly

20.000 baht buys a small, professionally done website including about 5 HTML pages.

For what purpose is the website?

If the purpose is professional, ordering a cheap website will cost you more money in missed opportunities than you would save money.

Google has raised the bar significantly over the past 2 years regarding website quality, to the extent that even if you buy advertising on google, it will cost more to buy and will be shown less often if google thinks your site is not well targeted on the keywords you are advertising.

For any business it is important to hire a professional who will at least do the intial website installation and design and will provide the customer with all he needs to later update the site with new content.

Wordpress can be a good solution for smaller websites, except for multilingual websites.

Edited by manarak
  • Like 1

You will get what you pay for. We can do simple sites from 15k up to much more for more advanced sites. Pm if interested since commercial links are not allowed here.

But it all depends on the requirements and future goals. Start with the wrong foundations (eg those freeby wysiwyg anyone can use builders) and it may look ok now but structurally it is poor with very limited expansion or transfer options.

Wordpress is a good base and others available too but not everything is suitable for every website.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you're doing a simple site, Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc are overkill.

Use a lightweight CMS to quickly and easily create a small, simple, but professional-looking site.

http://www.vivalogo.com/vl-resources/free-lightweight-simple-cms.htm

I like gpeasy quite a lot:

http://www.gpeasy.com/

No SQL! smile.png

Looks good indeed for simple stuff!