No further cancellation of flights to Thailand: DCA

webfact

DCA: No further cancellation of flights to Thailand

BANGKOK, 17 January 2014 (NNT) -- The Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) confirmed that there has been no further cancellation of flights since the mass rally in Bangkok began on January 13. All related authorities are requested to ensure all airlines of security of air travel in Thailand, which is in accordance with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)’s standard.

DCA Director General, Mr. Woradej Hanprasert disclosed that during January 13-15, Suvarnabhumi Airport saw around 800 flights per day while Don Mueang Airport saw around 400 flights per day.

However, several airlines have earlier canceled a total of 105 flights to Thailand, scheduled for January to February. These airlines are Singapore Airline, Cathy Pacific Airline, Hong Kong Airline, and China Airline.

The DCA has requested all related authorities involved in coordination of international aviation to explain the current internal conflict to all airlines with international flights and assure them that Thailand has safety measures in place to maintain level of security in compliance with the ICAO’s proposed standard.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-17 footer_n.gif

And the point is??? Saving Thailand's image, aka saving Face???

"Dear Falang, you can all come to Thailand again, but when you get your head blown on the streets of Bangkok, we cannot guarantee your safety. Not our fault. Thank you for your moneeeeyyyy..." wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Not completely true.

About an hour ago (1530 hrs BKK time) I had my SIN to BKK flight with SQ resheduled to the next morning - the entire SQ978 flight is cancelled and the number of SQ flights for the next day reduced from 8 to 4.

Edited by Stekmer
  • Like 2

What a lot of BS again from a government department. My flight from Taiwan was cancelled putting me to huge inconvenience yesterday. I plan to send YingBADluck and her merry band of no hopers the bill for inconvenienc. She can forward it to her big bad brother wherever he may be holed up with the sewer rats.

• Like 1

Not completely true.

About an hour ago (1530 hrs BKK time) I had my SIN to BKK flight with SQ resheduled to the next morning - the entire SQ978 flight is cancelled and the number of SQ flights for the next day reduced from 8 to 4.

Do you mean 8 return flights? Because BKK-SIN flights on SQ have been down to 5 in each direction for a while now, well before the violence started. Some years back there were up to 6 daily flights in each direction (although on some days only 5) but 5 later became the norm.

• Like 1

Not completely true.

Do you mean 8 return flights? Because BKK-SIN flights on SQ have been down to 5 in each direction for a while now, well before the violence started. Some years back there were up to 6 daily flights in each direction (although on some days only 5) but 5 later became the norm.

Perhaps they were flights of fancy, you know how it is a fre upgrade a free cock tale or 3 in the OrchidLiar Lounge and suddenly there's 6 million a day

"Replying to No further cancellation of flights to Thailand: DCA"

How many half full?

Well...on a very misguided and foolish notion that I should support TG in tough times, tried to book a ticket to find it as expensive for a flex Y as for an air Asia J. But the flights are showing lots of availability...but no discounting. They seem determined to go broke

• Like 2

What a lot of BS again from a government department. My flight from Taiwan was cancelled putting me to huge inconvenience yesterday. I plan to send YingBADluck and her merry band of no hopers the bill for inconvenienc. She can forward it to her big bad brother wherever he may be holed up with the sewer rats.

Do you expect her to forward it to Suthep? Why not just send it directly to him. His protest after all.

Why not just vote her out during the election. whistling.gif

Do you expect her to forward it to Suthep? Why not just send it directly to him. His protest after all.

Why not just vote her out during the election. whistling.gif

Yes, it is really shocking what these Shinewatras have been doing. Not only have they been stopping flights from Taiwan just to annoy TV members, but they have also been blocking out the sun in order to cause the unusually cold conditions we have been experiencing in Thailand.

The signs of their evil intentions and communing with The Evil Ones are plain to see for those who know how to look. You've probably seen photos of Yingluck. Look more closely, especially at her forehead and bottom: you will see that her skilled media-manipulators have Photoshopped out the horns and forked tail that are the signs of The Evil Ones. Ditto photos of Thaksin. But be ye not fooled. The Friend of the Devil continues his evil covens in Dubai (he has been given a special coven permit by the Dubai authorities) where he eats babies each and every day.

• Like 1

What a lot of BS again from a government department. My flight from Taiwan was cancelled putting me to huge inconvenience yesterday.

Interesting!

Can you tell us what airline, and why was a flight from Taiwan cancelled?