Former boxer burns his ex-girlfriend alive: Thai Police

webfact

Former Boxer Burns His Ex-Girlfriend Alive: Police
By Khaosod English

box.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A former professional boxer has been arrested after he has set fire on his ex-girlfriend out of jealousy, police said.

On 13 January police received reports that the woman, Ms. Supawadee Boonchote, 24, was dosed with gasoline and set on fire in front of a convenience store in Udon Thani province by an assailant who arrived and left the scene on a motorcycle with no license plate.

The victim was later transported to the hospital. Doctors said she suffered severe burned injuries, and she remains under intensive care.

The police later identified the attacker as Mr. Baramee Srikul, 42, a former famous boxer who went by his nickname Baramee Petchpiroon. The officers also reportedly found burns on Mr. Baramee′s both hands.

The suspect reportedly confessed of his crime, stating that he had been in a relationship with the victim since last year. However, Mr. Baramee said, Ms. Supawadee later ended the relationship with him as she preferred to be in a relationship with a woman.

After several failed attempts to regain his relationship with him, Mr. Baramee said he decided to commit a revenge by setting the woman on fire.

The investigation also revealed that the couple often had heated arguments, and the former boxer regularly ended up beating Ms. Supawadee.

She eventually portrayed herself as a tom boy and engaged in a relationship with another woman in the community to stop Mr. Baramee from asking her to go back into the relationship, police said.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE9UazFOVGd4T1E9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-17

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant understand what possess someone to do something so horrible to another

Sometimes, just sometimes, I believe an eye for an eye is the only punishment.

Me too. I can't understand why some people can't understand what some people... oh, never mind.

Hope she recovers fully and he gets what's coming to him.

Me too. I can't understand why some people can't understand what some people... oh, never mind.

Hope she recovers fully and he gets what's coming to him.

Yes, hope she makes a full recovery and No, he won't get what's due to him - unless of course she organises his just-desserts, and you couldn't blame her, could you?

• Like 1

To quote a Thai commentator yesterday.

'A coup is unlikely, Thais are not violent people'... I almost choked on my sandwich.

They can seem to do this and hurl grenades into packs of people without any sense of restraint. I would say Thai people are among the most violent I have ever met.

Sadly agree with you.

I can - just another emotionally retarded reaction by a Thai man who felt he had lost face, same happens all the time. This is just the more extreme reaction from the inability to cope with criticism, rejection or almost any setback. Amazing Thailand- it begins with the people!

yeah, you are probably right.

Then you should be living on the set of Game of Thrones and not in the 21st century. Why not try Afghanistan once the Taliban take over again, or perhaps Kim Jong-Un's nice little regime? I'm sure these people would welcome you with open arms.

What this 'human being' did to someone he claimed to love is cowardice. We demonstrate our moral superiority by showing the sociopathic thug how to use the power we have - by not using it to influct suffering on others. If he just doesn't get it, that's fine, because Thai prisons don't have the luxuries that many western inmates are used to.

Guess he got one too many knocks on the head being a famous former boxer......and since he was famous then nothing will happen to him.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app