PCAD halts ballot papers printing: Bangkok

webfact

PCAD Halts Ballot Papers Printing

By Khaosod English

ballot.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government protesters have forced publishers of ballot papers to close down.

Approximately 100 supporters of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) marched to the governmental publishing house on Lad Phrao Road earlier today, where they proceeded to cut off the power and water supply into the building.

PCAD has demanded that general election on 2 February 2014 be cancelled in order to pave way for the establishment of an unelected ′People′s Council′, whose members would be selected by PCAD leadership, to rule Thailand as a transitional government.

The government has so far refused to postpone or cancel the election, and PCAD protesters have vowed to do everything they can to prevent the election from taking place.

The protesters also entered the publishing house and instructed officials there to leave, causing the director of the printing operation to temporarily close down the venue.

Officials were eventually ordered to go home for their own safety.

The publishing house is under the supervision of Office of the Welfare Promotion Commission for Teachers and Educational Personnel (OTEP), and it is the sole agency tasked with the printing of ballot papers for 2 February election.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE9UazFPREE0Tnc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-18

Crazy, and their stupidity is matched by the less than catchy names they come up with for their groups.

Reminds me of all the Palestinian groups in the days of Yasser Arafat as ridiculed by the Monty Python team in ' The life of Brian '.

• Like 1

And they call this a non-violence protest. Threading people and unlawful entry. Anti-government protester motto is "Do as I say not as I do"

Why not? Yingluck's police are doing NOTHING to stop it. They already printed 68M ballot papers for a voting population of 40M anyway..

• Like 1

Much like at all place. I have a strong feeling that the Police have been ordered to avoid confrontation for fear that it will escalate the situation to a point where the Army has to step in.

Peaceful? I'm not sure if the police are going to arrest those involved in cutting the power and water supplies of Government offices or not..

"People's Democratic Reform Committee" ...and they do everything in their power to prevent an election.

Hah!

Some kind of "Democratic Reform". More like totalitarian reform under the slogan "you don't vote for us, you don't vote at all!"

• Like 2

Fantastic strategy.

Another non-violent way of achieving their objectives. This is just an indicator that they will stop at nothing to disrupt every mechanism in the election process to halt these stupid elections and prevent PTP from getting their hands on even more cash to throw into the rice scheme black hole never to be seen again. Or make such borrowing that will cause my kids and grandkids to pay back after they have long left the country with their multi billion baht retirement funds.

I hope they totally block these elections so that they never happen.

• Like 1

"People's Democratic Reform Committee" ...and they do everything in their power to prevent an election.

Hah!

Some kind of "Democratic Reform". More like totalitarian reform under the slogan "you don't vote for us, you don't vote at all!"

Okay if you are so smart please provide a link, to where protestors say they not want an election

Link = ..........................................

with my eyes I read THEY WANT AN ELECTION, JUST AT A LATER TIME

so why do the PTP not agree

a law that if they are back in power, that can be passed allowing them to give an overseas criminal a Come Home Free Card

Thank goodness Farlang's can not vote in Thailand

You would all make the place a worse mess than it is now

Did I not here farlangs say they want to stay in Thailand as it is a better place than the west

Now you all want to change it to what you all ran away from

Kun Kojai hypocrisy

Edited by tezzainoz
  • Like 1

And they call this a non-violence protest. Threading people and unlawful entry. Anti-government protester motto is "Do as I say not as I do"

At least it's not a hospital.

I'm interested in the concept of threading people. Are they drilling fresh holes or using the alimentary canal? What gauge is the string?

and who wrote the rules for all of this in 2010

oh I see your memory not that good

This is not 2010 this is 2014 and what was done then doesn't make it right now.

so if the PTP do it all must be forgotten

if the Thai people do it you become suddenly a different outlook

"Thank goodness you have no right of say in Thailand

Its people like you who give good Farlang a bad name"

Quote from Thai wife and her friends

• Like 2

I'm interested in the concept of threading people. Are they drilling fresh holes or using the alimentary canal? What gauge is the string?

Again your living in the past. Are you a history major or just can't accept the fact this is 2014 not 2010.

Why not? Yingluck's police are doing NOTHING to stop it. They already printed 68M ballot papers for a voting population of 40M anyway..

Really ? Got a link to the umber of papers /?

A lesson FOR THE FUTURE in HRH's sufficiency economy for all .

Move to solar power,even the cleverest thug cannot stop and if practical alternate water,

Well well well,or catch rain of which most parts of the realm have plenty and filter reverse osmosis or use the solar ot boil until suitable for drinking.I realize the Chao Praya etsuary heavily polluted so may need use rooftop tanks? The ancient inhabitants of the Takliman desert survived and theirs thePersian version,cooling towers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qanat

I doubt modern printers unless steam powered require much water.

So all these offices need supply or refund staff to bring 3 liters of water a day sufficient for toilet and drinks.

I'd hate to think how they would cope in a huge flood Tsunami or nuclear fallout if a day without powwer and water shuts down.

To be fair to the staff I would imagine the reality or fear of intimidation/reprisal likely determnes the walk outs.If your boss tells you to leave and you are paid still its a free holiday.

The real question that is seldom asked of the fat cats.

WHO ATE ALL THE PIES

Edited by RubbaJohnny

and who wrote the rules for all of this in 2010

oh I see your memory not that good

This is not 2010 this is 2014 and what was done then doesn't make it right now.

so if the PTP do it all must be forgotten

if the Thai people do it you become suddenly a different outlook

"Thank goodness you have no right of say in Thailand

Its people like you who give good Farlang a bad name"

Quote from Thai wife and her friends

Uhu, I guess English isn't your first language or you're one of those who read between lines when there is nothing to read. I suggest you read the post again and then tell your wife what the OP truly meant Edited by maxme

People who support the would be dictator Suthep should be paying close attention to the new law they have just passed yesterday in the Ukraine .

It bans any unauthorised installation of tents, stages or amplifiers in public places and those who violate the law now face a hefty fine or detention. Another provision provides a punishment of one year of corrective labour for slandering government officialsph34r.png

Just somebody with both a memory and a sense of morality. I can compare the events of now with those of government supporters in 2010 and understand that I am looking at a molehill, no matter how much some tiny minded cretin wants to make a mountain of it.

Again your living in the past. Are you a history major or just can't accept the fact this is 2014 not 2010.

You have no morality. You just another member of Suthep gang of thugs posting your liars here.

Hey Mr/Ms Nowhereman60, how come you deleted your reply in the other article?Anyway i saw your reply to my post even though you deleted later.

So coming back to this article, talking about morality, i don't think you have either.

Praising red for their violence and condemned other party for their violence.

Shouldn't we need to condemn everyone for their violence regardless who they are?

Again, same conclusion to the other article.

You are double standard.

• Like 1

Hah!

Okay if you are so smart please provide a link, to where protestors say they not want an election

a law that if they are back in power, that can be passed allowing them to give an overseas criminal a Come Home Free Card

Did I not here farlangs say they want to stay in Thailand as it is a better place than the west

Kun Kojai hypocrisy

She's right you know...

If the Government keeps spending money supporting and educating the poor people of the north then the next generation of poor people will have better choices and opportunities in life. That means girls in their 20's will not feel the need to marry Farangs in their 50 & 60's anymore, they will no longer need to work in bars, sell their bodies and completely depend on Farangs to impove their lives. There will go the reason 98% of Farangs living in Thailand are here in the first place. Pattaya and the like would be empty and there would be no reason to live here anymore!

Thaksin out! Thaksin out! Thaksin out!

I'm with you Suthep tongue.png

Please expand on the "violence" -- I doubt asking people to leave can be considered violence.

Now, as for threading - yes this could be considered painful procedure depending on how it was undertaken and yes, you might well have to resort to violence to get people to agree to this procedure.

With the recently printed story that - although 48 million people are eligible to vote - there were plans to print 68 million ballots, presumably under the assumption that they might get lost. But in fact, it doesn't matter how many ballots are printed. The administration could print 100 million ballots if they really wanted to. There still aren't enough constituencies represented. The most likely scenario if the country makes it to February 2 unscathed, and if the administration continues to oppose the view of the EC - whose view they are constitutionally bound to honour - is that the election will proceed smoothly in some parts of the country, not so smoothly in others, and sheer chaos in some. But at the end of the day - if all the protesters went home all around the country - from Bangkok, from the South, and from the North ( yes, those rice farmers who have now joined the PDRC protests ) - if all of that magically ceased - the election would still be null and void, because only 69 of 77 provinces would be voting. From Pheu Thai's point of view, that's nothing, of course. But in terms of the constitution, that means that parliament will be unable to convene.

Think you need to re-write this in very simple language as it will be well above the comprehension of many, especially the part commencing - "the election would still be null and void - ......................" and finishing "......... , that means that the parliament will be unable to convene"

Posts that were insulting, baiting and inflammatory have been removed. If you cannot post in a polite manner respectful of others and the fact that they are allowed to have opinions different than your own then I would highly recommend that you do not post.

Hah!

Kun Kojai hypocrisy

Suthep claims he will have an election later in time, just as soon as his election reform have worked out a way to prevent the PTP winning an election ever again. Probably by depriving the vote from millions of poor farmers from Isaan and the North. Democracy in Action Sutheps way.

Thankfully the majority of the Thai people can see through this charade and are not buying into it. Dwindling support and a strengthening Baht would tend to indicate the end of the road for the protestors and I will surprised if Suthep is still involved this time next week.

Kun Kojai, without a doubt Thaksin is a criminal and should be serving time for his corruption, but do you not think Suthep is also a criminal? He has also be found guilty of corruption?

Anyway, lets hope that Thailand can move forward positively and together. And lets hope that the politician take note that the people want them to clean up their act and get on with governing the country and not lining their own pockets.

Regards

Mr Yim.

PS I agree - heaven forbid if farangs had the vote smile.png

Hah!

Kun Kojai hypocrisy

Suthep claims he will have an election later in time, just as soon as his election reform have worked out a way to prevent the PTP winning an election ever again. Probably by depriving the vote from millions of poor farmers from Isaan and the North. Democracy in Action Sutheps way.

Thankfully the majority of the Thai people can see through this charade and are not buying into it. Dwindling support and a strengthening Baht would tend to indicate the end of the road for the protestors and I will surprised if Suthep is still involved this time next week.

Kun Kojai, without a doubt Thaksin is a criminal and should be serving time for his corruption, but do you not think Suthep is also a criminal? He has also be found guilty of corruption?

Anyway, lets hope that Thailand can move forward positively and together. And lets hope that the politician take note that the people want them to clean up their act and get on with governing the country and not lining their own pockets.

Regards

Mr Yim.

PS I agree - heaven forbid if farangs had the vote smile.png

At least farangs, as you might like to call us, wouldn't be bought for a couple of hundred Baht to vote for the red crimials , also how should we address you, kwai or chink or <deleted> - please let us know so as not to offend your sensibility.

Edited by Artisi

Will Suthep be held accountable for these unlawful acts as leader of the insurrection? And more importantly will anyone such as police even attempt to make any arrests or in the future protect the civil servants from doing their jobs? Seems no one is willing to protect this fragile democracy and more inclined to let street mobs rule the country.

• Like 1

Fantastic strategy.

Another non-violent way of achieving their objectives. This is just an indicator that they will stop at nothing to disrupt every mechanism in the election process to halt these stupid elections and prevent PTP from getting their hands on even more cash to throw into the rice scheme black hole never to be seen again. Or make such borrowing that will cause my kids and grandkids to pay back after they have long left the country with their multi billion baht retirement funds.

I hope they totally block these elections so that they never happen.

"I hope they totally block these elections so that they never happen"

A comment not unlike your handle,

• Like 1