Opening bank Account Surin

DaleSanthi

I am wanting to know about opening Bank account in Surin, I have Non O visa and no W/P can anyone suggest Bank which may be good for farang to open Banck account without the W/P just my No O immigration Visa? Thanks if you can reply.What banks eg Kasikorn, or the likes and what area is good to open at..

The different banks have different requirements, but the basic requirement is usually a non-immigrant visa. But in some places like Pattaya some banks are often very lenient towards foreigners. And you can have a bank account only with a tourist visa.

http://www.ktb.co.th/ktb/en/product-detail-personal.aspx?product=VWKUkvZOXVQ0nTJjoRON4w%3d%3d

Every bank and every branch branch of the same bank will have different responses to you opening an account. A work permit is certainly not required. You just have to try.

If your non-o is based upon being married to a Thai your wife she can be your reference for opening an account. Or even a GF or any Thai friend can also do it especially if they have an account at the same bank.

Bangkok Bank is the only one that I have found that has info on opening an account on their website. See: http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/SpecialServices/ForeignCustomers/Pages/Openinganaccountnew.aspx

• Like 1

You just need to go out and try. As stated each branch has their own requirements. I opened mine in Surin at Bangkok Bank main branch downtown. I cant recall if they asked for my

work permit. If one place says no just go to another.