Court approves arrest warrant for Victory Monument grenade suspect

webfact

Here he is. 500 000B in reward

What a bastard.

All sides need to denounce this assassin without reservations.

angry.gif

Thats the problem. Most not accepting this act as barbaric are on both sides but mainly on the side of the PDRC. Count the thread for defensive, anti Thaksin did it and attempts to redirect the main topic and the yellows come on top. This to me suggests they know who is guilty and I think we may find, upon being apprehended, he may be paid for by ........

It was rather feeble to even make that comment, I think it shows her frustrations! Nothing is working for the red shirts, who are loosing their power base, the rice farmers.

Yes I am sure the rice farmers will blame the government for not getting permission from EC to pay them. Keep dreaming.

good try, blame the electoral commision when ptp spent/lost the money months ago, it was budgeted for but for some mysterious reason the money simply vanished, they now want to borrow more so that can mysteriously vanish too. You really need to get a life and stop quoting from the ptp hand book, poor dear.

• Like 1

good try, blame the electoral commision when ptp spent/lost the money months ago, it was budgeted for but for some mysterious reason the money simply vanished, they now want to borrow more so that can mysteriously vanish too. You really need to get a life and stop quoting from the ptp hand book, poor dear.

Well maybe that is because the cost of the scheme rose as the price of the rice did. I do not know the details. But it does not matter. What matters is that the government wants to pay the farmers but the EC is refusing to give them permission. What the government does with its money it's entirely up to them. You should get informed or stop lying.

It's laughable really. It would be like the EC in the states would refuse to give permission for Obama to pay for Obamacare.

I still have difficulty in understanding the position of the police having to have an arrest warrant before arresting a felon.....??

If you know the assailant...go and get him!..or her...

in many countries police can file charges and judges can issue an arrest warrant against "unknown persons" - but this usually indicates that the police have a very good lead on somebody.

In this case of course - it depends on if he acted on his own - or if he acted on somebodies orders higher up - he will be lucky if they send him into hiding.

If he is able to implicate somebody in a powerful position or could endanger the "cause" by spilling the beans - he will be sacrificed and "eliminated".

A clear picture like this one would think he would have been already identified by family, neighbors, friends - the fact that nobody came forward yet tells volumes.

A clear picture like this one would think he would have been already identified by family, neighbors, friends - the fact that nobody came forward yet tells volumes.

What do you mean by that? Wouldn't it make more sense that whoever identified him called the police, and not the media?

Would it be too naive of me to ask if the police have interrogated the group of four they caught with the same type of grenades? Crazy idea, but maybe, just maybe they may know this other guy.

Personally, I'd be very surprised if the police would arrest this man, wheter they find him or not.

If you had bothered to follow rice prices during the last couple of years, simple math would tell you that the rise in prices is way too small to blame for the rice scam deficits - but as you said yourself, you do not know the details, which makes me wonder why you tell others (seajae) to get informed?

It certainly does matter. The government is bankrupting the country by borrowing money left and right either to steal or to secure votes (most likely both), and the EC is rightly blocking it. Further, when one party can (even if legal) throw billions of tax payer money after voters, and all the other parties cannot - how does that lead to a fair election?

And don't forget, as seajae mentioned, the government had stopped paying farmers in October 2013, long before an election was called and the EC got involved, so while the EC may be prolonging the delay, they certainly did not start the delay - that falls squarely on the government.

"What the government does with its money it's entirely up to them." Since when did my and all the other tax payers' money belong to the government? I am sure the current government will agree with you though. They also seem to consider it their money, not the countrys money.

The constitution states that a caretaker government cannot borrow money or make other commitments a new government will be responsible for. The EC did not write the constitution, but are simply complying with it.

The government is simply trying to follow up on their election promise. Just as Obama is doing with his Obamacare. It has nothing to do with a fair election.

Also, we're talking billions in deficit, not trillions as in the U.S. And from what I have heard the Thai economy isn't doing that bad either.

But if what you are saying is right, that the constitution does not allow for a caretaker government to borrow money, they should have done so before calling for new elections. I'd be interested to know why this was not done.

What do you mean by that? Wouldn't it make more sense that whoever identified him called the police, and not the media?

What I mean by that is that he will very likely never be caught - and because somebody must know him unless he was an orphan,without any siblings, friends and neighbors - never went grocery shopping or have a meal or beer somewhere in his neighbourhood - means people are afraid to come forward.

And they might have a good reason to be afraid!

Thais do not get involved into other peoples business if it would be dangerous to themselves to do so.

concern what i am seeing in Thailand now.. Thai people need another God apart from the one they are worshiping to help them .. it is time for Thai people to acknowledge that their is a God in Heaven. And i must pray that God in his own mercy to come and deliver Thailand from the hand of the Devil. in Jesus Name. Amen

The government is simply trying to follow up on their election promise. Just as Obama is doing with his Obamacare. It has nothing to do with a fair election.

Also, we're talking billions in deficit, not trillions as in the U.S. And from what I have heard the Thai economy isn't doing that bad either.

But if what you are saying is right, that the constitution does not allow for a caretaker government to borrow money, they should have done so before calling for new elections. I'd be interested to know why this was not done.

DOH! PTP tried to borrow B75 billion but there weren't enough takers, IIRC only about half that was taken up. And that was at above normal interest rate.

If they have an arrest warrant does that mean they have a name for the suspect too?

I'm pretty sure they have the name, they announced that they had a good idea of who he was straight after the attack, but announcing the name might make it a bit more difficult for the guy to disappear across the border to Cambodia, perhaps.

If they have an arrest warrant does that mean they have a name for the suspect too?

I'm pretty sure they have the name, they announced that they had a good idea of who he was straight after the attack, but announcing the name might make it a bit more difficult for the guy to disappear across the border to Cambodia, perhaps.

They should have more than that, he wasn't wearing gloves, at least one of the "spoons" of the grenades was found on the scene, they should have his fingerprints too.