what is your favourite food in thailand

Crazy chef 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For breakfast (around 10.30) kao man kai in sukhumvit 77/1. small soil right side 30 meters, kamada 35 B piset 40 B.

For lunch:

tom yum kung (tne best one in sukhumvit 66/1. (soi honda, udomsuk) left side around 250 meters, opposite akanat plaza, around 100 B with rice, huge portion)

tom ka kai (the best one in JJ Mall, 2nd floor, the restaurant name is tom & yum, around 65 B + rice)

rad naa (the best one in BigC On Nut food court 40 B piset)

For dinner: thim chum taley (with friends only) this food is good every-where cause you make for yourself.

Edited by Loles

sorry forgot to mention the awesum duck from MK- best one ever even ate it at my wedding bec issaan food is really crap.

Oh man, my idea the MK is a full sh_it in pink but the isaan food is really good, like tom sep, nam tok mu, thim chum or ling yaa.

I guess the MK is a very good solution for tourist with those free BST drink which they offered there free every 10 minutes.

sorry forgot to mention the awesum duck from MK- best one ever even ate it at my wedding bec issaan food is really crap.

Oh man, my idea the MK is a full sh_it in pink but the isaan food is really good, like tom sep, nam tok mu, thim chum or ling yaa.

I guess the MK is a very good solution for tourist with those free BST drink which they offered there free every 10 minutes.

Have you tried the roast duck? If so did you like it?

Have you tried the roast duck? If so did you like it?

Yes Mam, I have tried (2-3 times), really wasn't bad, but not a high gourmet experience like a good tom sep or ling yaa (ling Yaa I meant ox-tounge in BBQ with fresh chives and minth leaves, may be my karaoke is not understandable).

I'm starting to get real bored of Thai food. Most restaurants usually have the same dishes on the menu. At least is Oz you have a WHOLE variety of cuisine to choose from. BUT if I had to choose one dish in particular I'd say............ Thom Saab (soup)

You're not doing it right. First of all, get away from the aircon.

Most proper "restaurants" I go to have at least a dozen sometimes 20+ closely typed pages, a greater selection than many western restaurants put together.

And mostly different dishes from each other, due to the huge variety of dishes from one region to another.

The total canon of regular NES-culture food doesn't come close!

Now I realize Australia has a huge range of different ethnic cuisines available, but suggest you broaden your range here in Thailand.

There are at least forty different dishes available just in the first few blocks along the street around the corner from my house, southern Thai, Indian, all kinds of stuff. . .

wow 20+ pages of closely typed text.... lets say 20 dishes per page that would total 400 individual dishes on the menu.

sorry but I gotta call bullshite on that.

My fav is laab ga-lawk which is ground squirrel made super spicy with mint. Can sub in rat instead of the squirrel. Sep ii-lii derrrrr!

Grilled chicken butt is second fav.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Too many to mention!

Love some Khao Gairng ... I can eat at these kind of stalls and shops all day, every day

Num Dtok and sticky rice ... love it!

Like some simple Khao Pat Moo Grop (crispy pork fried rice) from the food to order street stalls

Can't forget Som Tum Poo. Moo Dairt Daew (sun dried pork) ... how long we got, I could go on all day!! :D

Having lived in Chiang Mai for quite a long time I've enjoyed a variety of food treats such as Khao suay, Masaman curry dishes, Gaeng garee gai, Lab Isaan, the ubiquitous Tom Yam Goong and too many others to remember. Anyway, I find Thai food "Lamm dae dae! (local language for: very delicious)

Dukes Pizza, but sadly can't really afford it.

Gekko lamb burger

Sausage King burger

KFC Zinger burger

Cow Soi

Tom Ka Gai (but it has to have fresh coconut ala Huan Huay Keow restaurant)

Geng Guri (plenty of potato)

Panairng Guri

Pad Thai (but not greasy)

Guiteow moo deng sen lek nam sia + ge-ow grop

Nam prik ong + cow ne-ow

Pancakes and chocolate ice cream

Scones with raspberry jam and fresh whipped cream

Is that enough yet?

Edited by FiftyTwo

• 2 weeks later...

Pla Kapong Neung Manao (Steamed Fish in Lime Sauce)

Larb Pla Duk (Thai Catfish Salad)

Larb moo or larb gai or larb neua eaten with khao neow

Poo pad phong kari(Fried crab with curry sauce)

Pla pao (salt-crusted grilled fish with lemongrass)

Massaman curry from the south (Phuket)

Tom yam goong, the one from the south (clear broth)

I stop here but i like many other Thai dishes

• Like 2

Tom yam gung, and a chicken dish with nuts and mushrooms I have no idea how to spell !

Something like "gai phad met ma muang"

My favourite on a daily basis is actually Salad sandwiches, fresh yellow red green peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onion, all finely sliced n diced, seasoned and a drissle of mayonaise, served in home baked bread.

Gai phad met ma muang is chicken cashew nuts stir fry, met mamuang is the Thai name for cashew nuts