Bangkok put under state of emergency for 60 days

webfact

lets get these thugs off the streets and let the average citizen have his streets and access to government agencies. normal life needs to go on. The people has had enough of Suthep and his crowd of thugs.

Problem is they've also had their fill of corrupt govt.

Too bad because whatever government follws this will be corrupt too as were the previous ones

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact that they are using The Headless one to be in charge of this is quite concerning. A delicate situation, now in the hands of an alleged criminal, drunk, thug who takes orders from a convicted

criminal fugitive. It's going to get messy.

How is that different from when Suthep was in charge of the last SOE?
Read the details.

Lame answer but expected.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out who supports which side in this circle jerk. The critisims of either side (mine included) could be directed at both groups and not miss the bulls eye by very much.

No one seems to want to find a way to have a interm functioning non partisiam, government, while reform laws are proposed, debated, written and finally, rejected/passed by the majority of the voting public.I am not sure that the players in this game are conceding that

1 they do not want Thailand to come out of its 3rd world/developing state

2 there are no trustworthy people to head a interm government

3 there are no canidates who can write up a set of laws, checks and balances to monitor same

4 they like disorder as it takes the spolight away from their self enrichment programs

5 others

Its no disgrace to admit when a system, plan is not working, the first proposed fix might have to be tweeked a time or three, but iether lead, follow, or get out of the way of what has to be a better way.

• Like 2

The fact that they are using The Headless one to be in charge of this is quite concerning. A delicate situation, now in the hands of an alleged criminal, drunk, thug who takes orders from a convicted

Let's hope that instead of lighting tire barriers on fire and then shooting bullets randomly into the smoke, that they use non-violent tech to disperse crowds such as LRAD.
Water cannons would probably work as well. If they want to try tear gas this time, they should probably check the exp. date and that the grenades actually work. The problem is the same as it was in 2010. Both protestor groups are armed (thanks to the bumbling tea collectors and the world's worst marksmen, the military) and so imo this has a risk of turning real ugly, real quick. Edited by maxme

Garbage comment. Switch on brain before opening mouth. I have seen not one thug at all during the whole time I have walked past protesters and I am carrying on my working life as normal. As are most. Do you contribute to Thailand's economy ? Do you pay taxes ? I presume you understand the meaning of the word democracy without looking on the net and were here thoughout the last 20 years to justify such an impactive and amazing comment. My advice...think before you speak please. It does yourself an injustice as a human being. You have either not been here, are not here, or simply naive. Good luck with thinking more.

lets get these thugs off the streets and let the average citizen have his streets and access to government agencies. normal life needs to go on. The people has had enough of Suthep and his crowd of thugs.

From what I've seen, over the past 8 days the PDRC seemed to have 2 types of marches.

Type A), led by Suthep. Very large, mix of "normal" friendly protesters and greeted by huge crowds lining part of the routes. Walking, peaceful, well-managed, friendly, lots of money donated, many selfies/photos, no weapons. No thugs, well-organised security.

Type cool.png , not led by Suthep. Small size, militant, no donations, sometimes transported by pickups/motorcycles. Used to storm govt offices, evacuate workers from buildings willy-nilly, cut electricity and water if necessary, chain doors, intimidate, little support from passers-by (no-one famous for photo op). Aggressive thugs to enforce their demands.

I have no problem with Type (A), but Type ( cool.png are typical bullies and should be run out of town.

• Like 1

It's a very difficult situation. On the one hand it causes inconvenience to tourists and business travelers but on the other hand there is a very real chance that there will be a dip in property prices and some great bargains will be had. We will have to wait and see how we all come out of it in the end.

Seems like "Lord of the flies" rerun, but instead of children, its with imbeciles whistling.gif

Yes. Actually, what I got out of the book is that men of power with war machines are just "big boys with big spears." There is no moral authority over the top people in any government. Might makes right. Who oversees the overseers? They will run amuck just like boys who get "carried away" with rough play.

Read the details.

the details are the same, people are getting killed and its gotten out of hand, exactly what SOE is for, same as 2010 there is no difference.

Do two wrongs make a right? People got killed in 2010, so it's fine for the government to kill people now?

I thought that the SOE in 2010 was imposed by a vile, "judiciary coup" administration whereas the current (caretaker) government is beloved of the masses because it is "democratic". Yet the beloved democratic government follows the same path as the vile administration.

Read the details.

Lame answer but expected.

Okay, so Suthep takes orders from a convicted criminal, and is also a drunk?

Neither are good people, but Chalerm, seriously?????

Lame, you don't even know the meaning of the word.

• Like 1

Is the Rule of Thumb a good rule? Politician salaries come from taxes all citizens are required/forced to pay, so politicians are suppose to work for the citizens (which most do not, but for their own greedy selves). Politicians control the citizens, which should be the reverse. So the citizens are paying the politicains to put them under a state of emergency, not allowing freedom of speech or assembly. I for one have never in my 70 years ever voted for any politician in any election, because time has proven all politicians lie to get in office, and what was one of the most important things your parents told you as a child NOT to do, Don't Lie.

Now that the fault lines between the Yingluck administration and the army have become as yawning as the Grand Canyon, it is now crystal clear that the army is indeed not on board. A rift has clearly developed, that has resulted in a characteristic unilateral move by the administration to invoke the emergency decree and try to force the army's hand. Indeed, according to the academic quoted, never before has the army been under the presumed command of the police. Prayuth must be furious. And his observations and actions in this crisis will hold definitive weight. Doubtless he is aware of the deception of this administration in their attempts to somehow pin the grenade attacks on the protesters. Doubtless Prayuth is also aware that a senior Thai Navy officer has now confirmed that Cambodian mercenaries are being smuggled in to crush the protest movement. Doubtless Prayuth also knows who is behind that campaign. And doubtless Prayuth is also aware of the Thai Navy senior officer's insinuations regarding the police. As Prayuth is aware of all of these things, as well as seeing what everyone else is seeing - it seems that the administration's clear and desperate overreach will come at some point to a battle of wills between the administration and the army - which is sworn to protect the public - a responsibility they take seriously. In the meantime, all the Thaksin heavies are in charge. Both Chalerm and Thaksin's cousin now hold power to really do anything they please. The possible censorship of the media keeps getting mentioned in these announcements. It is the most chilling restriction of all, and - apart from Thaksin and his staunchest allies - is the favoured tool of Kim Jong Un.

Edited by Scamper

Why is the Leader of the Country not in charge of such an important agency of the Government? I sense a "buck passing move" here just in case things get messy. You can't indite me, I wasn't in charge!bah.gif An exraordinary example of very poor leadership - shame on you Madam.

Surapong reasoned that the emergency decree was necessary given that protesters led by Suthep Thaugsuban had violated the law, raided government agencies and state banks, as well as threatened state officials. Violent incidents were intentional and meant to hurt and kill people, he claimed.

And the violent people are the protesters are they?

Of course, surely you saw the videos of how they yelled and screamed when people threw grenades at them.

Garbage comment. Switch on brain before opening mouth. I have seen not one thug at all during the whole time I have walked past protest carrying on my working life as normal. As are most. Do you contribute to Thailand's economy ? Do you pay taxes. So think before you speak please. It does yourself an injustice as a human being. You ahve either not been here, are not here or simply naive. Good luck with thinking more.

How do you know he's not been there? Just asking

I don't and nor did I suggest otherwise. Did I ?

David I quoted gerry1011 :D

Indeed one has great confidence in the workings of this S.O.E. under the director in command, the mighty Chalerm as his track record clearly demonstrates to all who read it.

What a fine upstanding paragon of virtue and honesty both politically and morally he is.

His track record indeed instills great confidence in the ability of the good Chalerm and his total neutrally and undoubted ability in the discharge of his duties in this current post.

It is indeed rewarding to know that we are all well able to sleep abed at night peacefully knowing we are being cared for for by such a loving caring public servant like Chalerm.whistling.gif

Chalerm first entered politics as an MP with the Democrat Party. In 1986 he formed his own party, the Mass Party (Thai: พรรคมวลชน). Mass Party's power base was in western Bangkok, especially Phasi Charoen and Bang Bon Districts. Chalerm won several consecutive MP election bids, with the exception of the first election of 1992. He served as Minister for Office of the Prime Minister under Chatichai Choonhavan, overseeing the Mass Communications Organization of Thailand. He was accused of press interference and had ongoing conflicts with the military, to the point that he was cited by the coup-makers as one of the reasons for the 1991 military coup d'état. In the wake of the coup Chalerm was among the politicians accused of "unusual wealth", and had 32 million baht in assets seized.[4] He fled Thailand to live in Sweden and Denmark until the political situation cooled down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalerm_Yubamrung

• Like 1

There is no other way out but this measure.

To make sure the polling booths are free from the 'thugs' this is the only way.

Respect the vote of ALL - that is the cry of all people in the country - nobody wants a North Korean style leader or a Lennin - history has shown what happens - remember Pol Plot?

I hope it is water cannons, rubber bullets, battons if needed and not the visciousness of Suthep like in 2010 - murderer!!!

I didn't read in any of the English language press the report in the Thai newspapers that an official from Samui denies Suthep has sold his lands to finance anything.

Liar liar Suthep - there is only one thing on your mind and in your boiler room - T S - get a life and think about Thailand. Forget about him. Let the ballot box keep working for ALL and, maybe not in Suthep's life time, democracy in a purer form will reform itself. Suthep had a chance for 2 years + but did nothing because the corrup politician was feathering his own nest and those of his family and friends - the same ones he wants to RULE the country with his iron fist. People aren't blind as some of those who post here. They also have just one thing on their mind - T S - get a life and enjoy the smiles and the life of this beautiful country - reform is certainly on the way - don't worry, be happy.

This is a prime example of the Yingluck/Thaksin decision making process. Take a drunken thug, who has recently had brain surgery and give him total control over the security apparatus with state of emergency powers. Then turn him loose on peaceful protestors and expect it to lead to peace and unity!

I see there is no role for the PM and defence minister in the "command centre", for a obvious reason.

I anticipate that should it all end in a high body count then caretaker Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung will be accountable as director in command of the centre and bare sole responsibility.

Which leaves Yingluck too. post-46292-0-94109200-1390370642_thumb.j

But don't worry as its all part of Thaksin's damage control

post-46292-0-12405000-1390370523_thumb.j

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

This is a prime example of the Yingluck/Thaksin decision making process. Take a drunk who has recently had brain surgery and give him total control over the security apparatus with state of emergency powers over a potentially explosive protest situation and expect the combination to lead to peace and unity! I see there is no role for the PM and defence minister in the command canter.

I guess her role is ........attachicon.gifYinglucks tears.jpg

I guess they expect that should it all end in a high body count then caretaker Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung will shoulder the responsibility as director in command of the centre.

All part of Thaksin's damage control

attachicon.gifcunning-plan.jpg

So which is it Einstein ?

Either they are a bunch of clueless muppets or smart and cunning ?

can't be both like you seem to flip flop on, depending on the thread.

makes you look a right passifier.gif

This is a prime example of the Yingluck/Thaksin decision making process. Take a drunk who has recently had brain surgery and give him total control over the security apparatus with state of emergency powers over a potentially explosive protest situation and expect the combination to lead to peace and unity! I see there is no role for the PM and defence minister in the command canter.

I guess her role is ........attachicon.gifYinglucks tears.jpg

I guess they expect that should it all end in a high body count then caretaker Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung will shoulder the responsibility as director in command of the centre.

All part of Thaksin's damage control

attachicon.gifcunning-plan.jpg

So which is it Einstein ?

Either they are a bunch of clueless muppets or smart and cunning ?

can't be both like you seem to flip flop on, depending on the thread.

makes you look a right passifier.gif

Which part of my post suggested " smart and cunning'? Personally I think its a case of dumb and dumber. But what's scary is they are so divorced from reality that they would consider mass murder as collateral damage.

• Like 1

Now what qualifies a caretaker labour minister to run an emergency decree centre of operations, other than having the name Chalerm Yoobamrung? Still, Adul, if he's pliable enough, might end up replacing Tarit under the next administration.

Then we have Surapong and his reasoning that "... protesters ... had violated the law ... [and that] violent incidents were intentional and meant to hurt and kill people ..." Ah, good old Surapong. Never one to be bothered by questions of fact, never mind double standards.

But with the ability to censor the media, and that of enabling a degree of immunity from the consequences of officials' actions, the motive for the ED becomes more evident.

As for Tarit's statement that "... the PDRC leaders and security guards had set a bad precedent for society ..." The mind boggles.

Respect the vote of ALL - that is the cry of all people in the country - nobody wants a North Korean style leader or a Lennin - history has shown what happens - remember Pol Plot?

I hope it is water cannons, rubber bullets, battons if needed and not the visciousness of Suthep like in 2010 - murderer!!!

I didn't read in any of the English language press the report in the Thai newspapers that an official from Samui denies Suthep has sold his lands to finance anything.

Liar liar Suthep - there is only one thing on your mind and in your boiler room - T S - get a life and think about Thailand. Forget about him. Let the ballot box keep working for ALL and, maybe not in Suthep's life time, democracy in a purer form will reform itself. Suthep had a chance for 2 years + but did nothing because the corrup politician was feathering his own nest and those of his family and friends - the same ones he wants to RULE the country with his iron fist. People aren't blind as some of those who post here. They also have just one thing on their mind - T S - get a life and enjoy the smiles and the life of this beautiful country - reform is certainly on the way - don't worry, be happy.

Interesting observations, if selective...

• Like 1

'... nobody wants a North Korean style leader or a Lennin ...' Now I don't believe Thaksin falls into either one of those camps, but neither does he fall into the democracy one, and if you believe he does, you are more naive than your post suggests.