Rice row could see Phichit leaders join Bangkok protest

webfact

Pichit is not a PT stronghold...

What a coincidence laugh.png

The Democrat MPs are busy creating unrest it seems... rolleyes.gif

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

..because the farmers don't really need the money it must be the Dems...coffee1.gif

another dumb bloke..how can the farmers not need the money for goods sold????

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a world that operates as it should, a scandal like this would certainly bring down an administration - any administration - many times over. But as it is here - change only happens by inches, as the mechanisms for corruption have become so strongly embedded in the system, that prying them free causes the whole system to shudder from the sheer weight of it. One wonders how something as unsustainable like this, could still have averted complete collapse. But the answer is - the Pheu Thai has been in power. And they have used power like no other. In fact, they're using it now by imposing an illegal state of emergency which is a power not constitutionally granted to a caretaker administration.

• Like 1

Another issue that i don't hear people talking about is the 'tax incentive' scheme introduced over a year ago for first time car buyers. The government promised that if first time car buyers signed for a new car before the end of the year (2012) that after one year of ownership, they would recieve a rebate of 10 percent of the initial car cost. This scheme boosted the slow car market which had suffered greatly from the flooded factories in the prior months. Thousands of people who had not previously owned a car took advantage of this scheme and bought new cars. They were also under the impression that they were buying 2013 model cars, but this turned out not to be the case, rather they were infact 2012 models that were delivered in 2013! Now, the question is, are they going to ever see the 10 percent rebate that they were promised, and that was a major contributary factor in their decisions to get themselves in on avergae around 1 million baht debt?

What a coincidence :lol:

The Democrat MPs are busy creating unrest it seems... :rolleyes:

So the PT strong holds have ALL been paid on time?

I'm not sure that is correct BUT if it is. just goes to show that this WAS/IS a vote buying scheme.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No no no, it just shows that these farmers did vote for the Dems (and thus can be considered as belonging to the "educated" middle class who is smart enough to vote for these angels), then were happy to take advantage of the PT government generosity, and now follow their Dem MPs to protest...

Funny :lol:

Payments to farmers participating in the ruling Pheu Thai Party's flagship populist programme have been delayed repeatedly for months.

The Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC) has said the government has not yet approved an additional budget for the scheme, so it cannot pay the hundreds of thousands of farmers who have pawned their paddy. In Phichit alone, more than 40,000 farmers have gone unpaid.

Hmmm...talk about timing. Assuming the Amnesty Bill had been passed, I wonder if we would by now see a group of investors from Middle East inspecting the paddy fields of these poor farmers who are drowning in debts...

No you won't foreign company's and foreign nationals are specifically barred from taking part in agriculture and definitely can NOT own agricultural land!

So they are now going to support an organisation that would immediately do away with the rice pledging scheme? Are they mad! This sort of aggro subsidy has been a disaster for Thai rice exports. But before we get on our hi horses let us not forget the subsidies paid to farmers in the EU and the US. In the EU this resulted in Butter mountains and wine lakes. This has resulted in higher prices to the consumer. world wide especially in the US where large tracks of land are owned by huge agro businesses.

And let us not forget, these are the very people Suthep and co want to deny the vote as they are poor and rural! I am sure he will welcome them as numbers on the street have been dwindling according to all the news sources both foreign and domestic.

Edited by Pompey50

I'm not sure that is correct BUT if it is. just goes to show that this WAS/IS a vote buying scheme.

No no no, it just shows that these farmers did vote for the Dems (and thus can be considered as belonging to the "educated" middle class who is smart enough to vote for these angels), then were happy to take advantage of the PT government generosity, and now follow their Dem MPs to protest...

Funny enough your wrong. Phitchit was Chart thai..

Phitsanolok was Democrats.

And I think they are protesting the non payment of a 4-5 month overdue payment.

• Like 1

Funny laugh.png

I wouldn't call taking away their toils of hard work and then refusing to pay them for it an act of generosity

Funny laugh.png

Yet another classic wind up post that backfired in Wile. E. Coyote's face. Keep em coming gerry1011............ ie. (misinformation 101) thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Funny laugh.png

No, what is funny is the thought of seeing one of these "educated" middle class" farmers strutting around an Isaan rice field in a Versace suit.

Your imagination is becoming as outrageous as your exaggerated comments. clap2.gif

Latest hypocricy from the stage.

Suthep, after blocking payments to farmers. "Join us and I will pay you every baht they owe you" Paying people to support him? is that what they accuse Thaksin of.

So he has dictated another piece of policy straight from the stake at asoke.... Lovely to hear this Thaksinesque speak from him though. He'll be off to Dubai soon to hole up with him

then he'll need them to vote for his parties in the election he riggs up in a few years time.

What a creep,

You never know.. The Redshirts might be mingled ion with the farmers and give em a bit of pitchfork when they turn up at Asoke!!!

:

• Like 1

Suthep, after blocking payments to farmers. "Join us and I will pay you every baht they owe you" Paying people to support him? is that what they accuse Thaksin of.

So he has dictated another piece of policy straight from the stake at asoke.... Lovely to hear this Thaksinesque speak from him though. He'll be off to Dubai soon to hole up with him

then he'll need them to vote for his parties in the election he riggs up in a few years time.

What a creep,

You never know.. The Redshirts might be mingled ion with the farmers and give em a bit of pitchfork when they turn up at Asoke!!!

:

....................................."Suthep, after blocking payments to farmers."......................................??????????????????????????

The average mentality of the trolls is getting lower and lower every day ! clap2.gif

Pichit has 3 MPs.

One from the Dems, none from PT...

The Dem leads the farmers... Another hero of anti democracy :P

Pichit has 3 MPs.

The Dem leads the farmers... Another hero of anti democracy tongue.png

So what about all these other areas demos happening and about to happen? Also democrat strongholds?

post-25177-0-39575500-1390494781_thumb.j

• Like 1

The Public Warehouse Organisa-tion under the Commerce Ministry has accused Kittipong of failing to deliver more than 1,260 tonnes of rice to the scheme. Corruption has reportedly plagued the scheme, which has incurred huge losses.

So is this person their new scapegoat?

Pichit has 3 MPs.

The Dem leads the farmers... Another hero of anti democracy :P

He must be a hard working MP if the Farmers are following him.. any links to this information?

The farmers have been talking about this for over a week. They said they would march into Bangkok last week.

I wish they would just make their minds up.

Hold you´r horses, they are not coming in Ferraris or pink Bentleys. A farmers Tuk Tuk dosen´t run to fast.

post-94947-0-30348200-1390511151_thumb.j

• Like 1

So you mean that ricefarmers in Pichit that has joint the PTP rice sceme has no right to ask for their money, for rice already delivered? By the way, ricefarmers are protesting in Buriram and Yasothorn as well.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/buriram-yasothorn-farmers-demand-rice-payment-january-15/

post-94947-0-27320800-1390512211_thumb.j

Edited by Skywalker69

Funny laugh.png

You´r nothing but a TROLL!!!

• Like 2

What a creep,

:

Suthep, after blocking payments to farmers.

Guess you can present a link?.......not.

What a creep,

:

....................................."Suthep, after blocking payments to farmers."......................................??????????????????????????

The average mentality of the trolls is getting lower and lower every day ! clap2.gif

And we feed them every day.laugh.png

• Like 1

Funny laugh.png

But he does have a point, they vote against PTP yet take their coin anyway, then because they are predominantly Democrat are used as a headline "farmers join the PRDC protests" this is not the case with the other farmers protesting that will have nothing to do with either the PRDC or the democrats.

Do they have the right to protest or join with the PRDC ? sure they do but spin is spin and these are not the red core farmers and shouldn't be confused with being so or portrayed as such.

the main farming community will never vote Democrat i or support the PRDC.in taking away their right to vote. they just want to be paid but will vote the same as they always have until there is a viable alternative, make no mistake about that.

Funny laugh.png

But he does have a point, they vote against PTP yet take their coin anyway, then because they are predominantly Democrat are used as a headline "farmers join the PRDC protests" this is not the case with the other farmers protesting that will have nothing to do with either the PRDC or the democrats.

Do they have the right to protest or join with the PRDC ? sure they do but spin is spin and these are not the red core farmers and shouldn't be confused with being so or portrayed as such.

the main farming community will never vote Democrat i or support the PRDC.in taking away their right to vote. they just want to be paid but will vote the same as they always have until there is a viable alternative, make no mistake about that.

He has no point. Pichit has 3 Mp's from 3 different parties (I think)

They are pissed of with the non payment in the rice pledging. And to those that state about "they joined the scheme " not alot of choices really when the government becomes the main buyer.

Other farmers in other areas are also demonstrating for payment. Because, let's face it the "revolving "fund stopped turning due to massive incompetence and the Phua Thai government do NOT have the money to pay.

Funny laugh.png

They are pissed of with the non payment in the rice pledging. And to those that state about "they joined the scheme " not alot of choices really when the government becomes the main buyer.

Other farmers in other areas are also demonstrating for payment. Because, let's face it the "revolving "fund stopped turning due to massive incompetence and the Phua Thai government do NOT have the money to pay.

Farmers protesting against the only party that helps them is a bit awkward...

Farmers joining a protest made of people who consider them too stupid to vote is even more awkward...

This is just another propaganda piece from the yellows... It's crystal clear. ;)

Nothing to worry about. In the next election the majority will vote PT again. It's just a question of common sense.

Now, if some posters want to take the yellow propaganda seriously, up to them :D

Funny laugh.png

Of course he has a point there is no PTP MP as a choice so its not PTP country is it ? do you know how to debate or just like to hear only your own voice ?

Funny laugh.png

Of course he has a point there is no PTP MP as a choice so its not PTP country is it ? do you know how to debate or just like to hear only your own voice ?

Whattttttttt. Debate Gerry 1011...really!

so what about all the other provinces and districts that are also coming out against the government are they all non PTP areas?

so what about all the other provinces and districts that are also coming out against the government are they all non PTP areas?

And if they are! Does that mean the Red areas got paid but other farmers got screwed?