Have you sold a condo very recently ?

prk888

If so then what's the latest formula for calculating transfer fees at Sattahip Land Office? There is I believe the actual sale price of course and also a Land Office valuation of the condo price. On which price are the fees calculated now?

I believe fees are just under 7%

Also is there stll a different lower fee calculation after 5 years of ownership?

Thanks in advance

This might help:http://blogger.thai-realestate.net/?p=90

But as mentioned above. Take copy of chanod and go to first fl. of Land-Office and they will give you a firm number, actually they will note it on the copy for future reference.

Regards.

MS>

The OP comes under Sattahip rather than Pattaya. if Sattahip the condo will be Na Jomtien/Bang Saray. Sattahip have price per sqm for condos under their jurisdiction. If they have set at THB 25,000 per sqm and you have a 40 sqm unit. Tax will be payable on 1 Million regardless of sales price less or more.

Following the several useful posts above (thanks for them) I made the drive to Sattahip Land Office (LO) anyway

As at today 24 Jan 2014 the Sattahip LO confirmed ..................

Upon seeing the condo Chanoot the LO will give current valuation/estimation of condo sales price

LO can also provide breakdown of total fees based on any possible sale prices above that LO valuation/estimation

This LO valuation/estimation price will be the minimum basis for fees calculation

Transfer fee is 2% of recorded 'sale' price

PLUS - Condo ownership less than 5 years is 3.3% of 'sale' price

OR - Condo ownership over 5 years is currently 0.1% of 'sale' price if owned in foreign name. Company ownership stays at 3.3% regardless.

PLUS - Income tax is 3%

So total fees can be over 8% of recorded sale price OR just over 5% depending on time of ownership.

Seems LO is not really concerned with the actual sale price as that is a contract between buyer and seller

Buyer must still show proof of funds being brought into Thailand to cover the eventual recorded 'sale' price and get TorTor 3 (?)

A useful trip and information.

• Like 1

Following the several useful posts above (thanks for them) I made the drive to Sattahip Land Office (LO) anyway

As at today 24 Jan 2014 the Sattahip LO confirmed ..................

Upon seeing the condo Chanoot the LO will give current valuation/estimation of condo sales price

LO can also provide breakdown of total fees based on any possible sale prices above that LO valuation/estimation

This LO valuation/estimation price will be the minimum basis for fees calculation

Transfer fee is 2% of recorded 'sale' price

PLUS - Condo ownership less than 5 years is 3.3% of 'sale' price

OR - Condo ownership over 5 years is currently 0.1% of 'sale' price if owned in foreign name. Company ownership stays at 3.3% regardless.

PLUS - Income tax is 3%

So total fees can be over 8% of recorded sale price OR just over 5% depending on time of ownership.

Seems LO is not really concerned with the actual sale price as that is a contract between buyer and seller

Buyer must still show proof of funds being brought into Thailand to cover the eventual recorded 'sale' price and get TorTor 3 (?)

A useful trip and information.

I would think that income tax is calculated on the difference between purchase and sale price only ?