Yingluck tells top brass to instruct military personnel to check voting rights

webfact

Yingluck tells top brass to instruct military personnel to check voting rights
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister and Defence Minister Yingluck Shinawatra told the top brass to instruct their subordinates to check their voting rights, a well-informed source said on Thursday.

Yingluck gave the instruction while chairing a meeting of the Defence Council at the Royal Thai Air Force headquarters.

Defence Council meeting are usually held at the Defence Ministry but as this is often surrounded by protesters, Yingluck opted to move to the Air Force.

Yingluck also told the top brass to take good care of weapons and ensure they could not be stolen,

Attending the meeting were caretaker Deputy Defence Minister Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapha, Permanent Secretary for Defence Gen Nipat Thonglek, Supreme Commander Gen General Thanasak Patimaprakorn, Commander-in-Chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha, Navy Commander-in-Chief Adm Narong Pipatanasai, Air Force Commander-in-Chief ACM Prajin Juntong and other senior military officers.

According to the source, the meeting discussed the scope of military authority in enforcing the emergency decree and its role in helping police keep order at night.

The military leaders were told to help monitor against more bomb attacks and warned to be careful when making public statements.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-23

attachicon.gifyingluck military.jpg All military personnel should join the RTP and vote PTP

Zoom in on that photo, Waza, and have a look at the bloke standing behind Chalerm. I wonder if the father of Mr Happy Toilet can feel an itching in his back.

It would make a great caption competition for suggestions as to what the officer was thinking.

attachicon.gifyingluck military.jpg All military personnel should join the RTP and vote PTP

Zoom in on that photo, Waza, and have a look at the bloke standing behind Chalerm. I wonder if the father of Mr Happy Toilet can feel an itching in his back.

It would make a great caption competition for suggestions as to what the officer was thinking.

Probably amazed that a guy that drunk is still standing.

I was thinking " one day Yoobamrung you'll get yours and I hope I'm there to see it. "

Excellent...SOE going into effect, Yingluck leads and the military under her instructions.

Nation buries the lead but none the less...

"Yingluck gave the instruction while chairing a meeting of the Defence Council at the Royal Thai Air Force headquarters....the meeting discussed the scope of military authority in enforcing the emergency decree and its role in helping police keep order at night. The military leaders were told to help monitor against more bomb attacks and warned to be careful when making public statements."

For a minute there I thought she was going to instruct them to tell all the soldiers whom to vote for. I bet that's what happens in the police. I think it's an abuse of her present caretaker authority to use the army to try and 'make her phoney election work'. Even if it's just to tell them all they must not boycott the vote.

" Yingluck also told the top brass to take good care of weapons and ensure they could not be stolen. "

After all, they were being smuggled in from Cambodia.

" The military leaders were told to help monitor against more bomb attacks and warned to be careful when making public statements. "

What in the world is that supposed to mean ? The military leaders' statements have been the only ones remotely connected to the facts. Perhaps that's the problem. Perhaps the senior Thai Navy officer's statements came too close to the truth, as the Yingluck administration gets more and more inflamed with the people they still can't control.

Yingluck also told the top brass to take good care of weapons and ensure they could not be stolen

Golden advice for any army. Make sure your weapons are not in enemy hands.

Yes...well they do need reminding you know....'cos they keep losing their bloody guns!

Yingluck also told the top brass to take good care of weapons and ensure they could not be stolen

Golden advice for any army. Make sure your weapons are not in enemy hands.

Yes...well they do need reminding you know....'cos they keep losing their bloody guns!

I thought it was the cops who were losing their guns. But anyway who needs Thai guns when they can get all the AKs, M40s, B40's and Russian/Chinese grenades they want from Cambodia or Laos or the Burmese border. Actually Cambodia troops, especially Taksin's friend Hun Sen and his mob of protectors, and the "mercenaries" or whatever they are have a lot of newer and even better gear than the AKs etc. The Thai buyers are probably getting hand me downs.

A post in violation of this forum rule has been removed:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

Maybe Chalerm let one ripp and the guy behind was less than impressed crying.gif

Edited by ggold