Tonsillitis

stevo

About a week ago I thought I was getting a little sick with a soar throat. By the next day waking up I noticed it was a lot worse, the the following day, became even worse with a fever. Ever time I swallowed, it felt like my throat was being cut. At this point I thought is must be strep throat or something different. So, I jumped on the net looking for home remedies for this ailment, tried many without much success.

Later that night went to a Pattaya Bangkok hospital, & was told I had Tonsillitis. I was given antibiotics, etc, which I am still taking.

Luckily, I notice an improvement now..after spending 3 sleepless days spitting into a trash can to avoid swallowing, & not being able to eat. :o

To sum things up, what a horribly painful experience this has been. Thankfully, the antibiotics seem to be taking effect.

One thing the doc asked me was if I had oral sex? I guess this is a common way to contract it? I rarely go down town & always play safe.

Anyone out there have a similar experience?

Edited by stevo

My Thai g/f had tonsillitis for many years before I met her. Her doctor kept filling her up with anti biotics.

When I came on the scene, I sent her to Chonburi Hospital to have them out.

It cost only 10,000 baht.

Tonsillitis can cause other problems within the body, not just a sore throat.

She was getting sore eyes and blured vision with tonsils, now her eyesight is perfect without tonsils.

Have them removed. They will never improve if left there.

...One thing the doc asked me was if I had oral sex? I guess this is a common way to contract it? I rarely go down town & always play safe...

Some STDs eg Gonorrhea can also affect the throat.

Tonsillitis is a serious illness in adults. Antibiotics will cure it. However there is little chance that a woman was the source of the malady.

It is unlikely (if you are an adult) that you will develop it again for a long time.

So, relax, enjoy all Thailand has to offer.

I had it twice, once as a child and once as an adult, it is very serious;causing a body temperature of 105 degrees. Very nasty.

wow

I have just been through all of this.

Went to bed fine and woke up with the pain in swallowing anything. Went to first medical clinic where he gave me some huge pills and said it was just a saor throat. Next day it was too hard to eat or drink so went to real hospital. Doc right away says what it is and whats needed. I went the way of having 3 shots in the butt and the drugs to make sure. Now 3 days later the pain is gone and seems back to normal but will continue to take the prescribed drugs till they are gone to be safe and sure.

Have a m8 who did the oral and poof next day he has it as well. so id say there is a good chance it can be gotten many ways. Ill keep hoping im done for the next few years for that.

Ps.

Lucky me no fever at all.