Australian couple begging in Loi Kroh Road

Lancashirelad

Hi all. Friday night I went for a beer in LK Road, I was approached about 11.30pm by a white Australian male of average build aged late 30's to early 40's I'd say. Wearing a white Tshirt and accompanied by a red haired Sheila.

Story of all luggage, passport, money etc. being stolen. Been living on the street for days. Looked them up & down and noticed they were both wearing clean clothes. I suggested he contact the airline, change the flight and go home, also to contact the embassy. He was dismissive and retorted with "I get paid next Tuesday." Obviously had a few drinks by his speech, he admitted he had. I asked how he paid for them? "The Thais shouted them for us". Yeah right! Refused him as a story & walked away.

I was then met with a torrent of foul mouthed abuse and insults against the English - from which he was likely descended.

I turned back on him, in the end gave him 20 baht for my own safety as I didn't fancy being attacked from behind. He promised to repay if he saw me after Tuesday. Some story!

Be aware.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned back on him, in the end gave him 20 baht for my own safety as I didn't fancy being attacked from behind.

Should have turned back on him and got a nut in, the lowlife!

Edited by jackr
  • Like 1

No good getting your knickers in a knot over some bludging sillybuggers pissing in your pocket, cobber...

Fair crack of the whip - for all we know the galah and his missus were fair dinkum and up shit creek without a paddle. Or maybe they were just a few roos loose in the top paddock.

Or if the larricans came from Tassie, then they're bound to be dumb as a door knob. Cold enough down there to freeze the balls off a brass monkey I tell ya. Knew a sheila once that came from tassie - she'd bang like a dunny door on a prawn trawler.

Gotta go... I could eat the arse end out of a low flying duck, but not before I shake hands with me best mate.

Just the sort of crap some posters like to use. Things few people understand.

If you don't deal with the scum now, word will get out and there will be a dozen of them is 3 months from now. The diminishing quality of expats in CM old city is the reason I moved to the country

Yeah, right! You moved to the country because of a few expats you don't like?

This reminds me of Americans I have met, who claim they left the US because of George Bush! Sorry, I am American who also hates GB, but find that hard to believe. In fact, TOTALLY impossible. Did they own child support, parking tickets, some taxes, maybe, that could be the real reason, but ....a president you don't like, makes you move, impossible!

People need to say what they think, not say what they think other people might like to hear ...well unless that is the best they can come up with as an excuse, when nothing else will suffice.

If you don't deal with the scum now, word will get out and there will be a dozen of them is 3 months from now. The diminishing quality of expats in CM old city is the reason I moved to the country

This reminds me of Americans I have met, who claim they left the US because of George Bush! Sorry, I am American who also hates GB, but find that hard to believe. In fact, TOTALLY impossible. Did they own child support, parking tickets, some taxes, maybe, that could be the real reason, but ....a president you don't like, makes you move, impossible!

People need to say what they think, not say what they think other people might like to hear ...well unless that is the best they can come up with as an excuse, when nothing else will suffice.

Not only that but Loi Kroh is not in the old city.

They make good companions for those that claim they are multimillionaires but choose to live in remote Upcountry Thailand for some strange reason.

Edited by saroq

I really dont agree with your choice of words!

However, I really agree with your choice of Avatar. Well done!

No good getting your knickers in a knot over some bludging sillybuggers pissing in your pocket, cobber...

Fair crack of the whip - for all we know the galah and his missus were fair dinkum and up shit creek without a paddle. Or maybe they were just a few roos loose in the top paddock.

Or if the larricans came from Tassie, then they're bound to be dumb as a door knob. Cold enough down there to freeze the balls off a brass monkey I tell ya. Knew a sheila once that came from tassie - she'd bang like a dunny door on a prawn trawler.

Gotta go... I could eat the arse end out of a low flying duck, but not before I shake hands with me best mate.

Look at the likes he got. It was great humor.

Not only good humor, but I actually understood more than half of it on the first read! I had to re-read a couple of words, but it's fun learning a new language!. I love the line; 'she'd bang like a dunny door on a prawn trawler.'

• Like 2

Look at the likes he got. It was great humor.

Not only good humor, but I actually understood more than half of it on the first read! I had to re-read a couple of words, but it's fun learning a new language!. I love the line; 'she'd bang like a dunny door on a prawn trawler.'

Your language-learning skills are better than mine. I couldn't follow it.

You forgot Ex P.Ms krudd favorite " fair shake of the sauce bottle" what a galah he was

• Like 1

It is a joke using Aussie slang, have you no sense of humour

For non Australians a "sheila" is a female. smile.png

And for young Australians. Sheila has not been in any general use in Australia for well over 30 years.

Well did I say it was in current use.? "Stone the crows" you try to help and all you get is nit pickingbah.gif

• Like 2

I thought the little yarn was bloody bonzer mate. Those who dont get it can go take a running leap up a gum tree backwards.

But seriously, its probably a bit difficult for some to understand....a bit like picking up on Cockney rhyming slang.

• Like 1

I was then met with a torrent of foul mouthed abuse and insults against the English - from which he was likely descended.

cheesy.gif

What is it with the Brits they think they are so smart and so much better as their descendants. But hell in the latest iq test they barely got a 100 even Poland was better, not to mention even Italy. Same went for Germany top scores (proving once and for all superior to the English) Then the Dutch same story. It would be better if the English who often only speak one language would reflect a bit and become more modest suiting their standing int he world.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-381057/European-IQ-map-proves-Brits-brainy.html

Talk about being proud for nothing.. proving Brits are brainy but scoring an 8th place cheesy.gif

So the OZ bashing has resulted in some Brit Bashing.. clap2.gif

Bet everyone but the Brits can agree on this cheesy.gif

• Like 2

I thought the little yarn was bloody bonzer mate. Those who dont get it can go take a running leap up a gum tree backwards.

But seriously, its probably a bit difficult for some to understand....a bit like picking up on Cockney rhyming slang.

Blimey! I kna wot ya mean, China Plate. blink.png

Sum people just daan't get it 'cause they speak in funny accents. Kna wot I mean?

Lor' luv a duck... nuff said, yeah?