We're having a baby!

Nepal4me

Yup, how cool is that?

We live in Samut Prakan near the airport and need to find a good hospital for my wife to visit throughout the pregnancy. I know there is Samitiwate and Thainakarin, are there other hospitals in this area that have a good reputation for pediatricians? We've only just moved here so don't know which hospital might be best.

thanks,

• Like 2

Just had TWINS, born this morning.

Sitting in a Private Hospital in Samut Prakan near the Airport.

PM me for details.

How many months is the mother to be?

We are just barely pregnant, the strip had 2 pink lines so it just happened. I PM'd you. Congrats again on the 2 babies, hope all is well with them.

You could do a lot worse than Thainakarin that's for sure.

Amen, and Samitivej is good as well. Thainakarin is very friendly and probably more convenient, depending on exactly where you are located. If you choose Thainakarin, ask for either Grace or Francis at the front desk. They are both Philippinos and speak perfect English and can get things done that other aides will ignore.

Just had TWINS, born this morning.

Sitting in a Private Hospital in Samut Prakan near the Airport.

PM me for details.

How many months is the mother to be?

Congrats from lower northeast, as I've got a twin brother my own. Best of luck!-wai2.gif

Well...you may not be happy about the prices of private hospitals concerning the delivery and care of babies.

I live right beside the Srinakarin Hospital on Soi La Salle road and moved into the condo complex right next door to the private hospital because my wife was 6 months pregnant.

The cost, all said and done was around 47,000 Baht for 4 days 3 nights of care in a private room.

I was more than satisfied with the service.

I shopped around before hand and learned the prices at private hospitals range from around 30 to 50,000 Baht depending on normal delivery or cesarean section delivery and or any complications during the delivery.

All part of the price of having a baby at private hospitals in Bangkok.

post-97426-0-09439200-1390716898_thumb.j

Here is John Collin at 13 months old...(3 months ago )

Edited by gemguy

I recommend Thainakarin. They are atleast friendly. We had our first baby delivered at Samitivej Sukhumvit and will never ever use Samitivej again. The doctors were fine but the nurses were extremely lazy and very rude aswell. It was clear they didn't want to do anything. Just sit and chit chat. We had a much better experience the second time when we used Bangkok hospital.

I advise you honestly the Thainakarin hospital.

To give birth normal way around 45 K, by operation around 60 K.

You get a private room, someones can sleep there with new mom every night, good food, flat TV, clean circumstances.

And congratulation Amigo.

My daughter was 1 year at 14th, and we take her every time to the Thainakarin. Never problem.

Edited by Loles

Congratulations.

I'll add to the opinions suggesting Thai Nakarin. We had our son there 2 years ago, and were very impressed with the medical care, room, and service. We used a doctor by the name of Amon Rat, a female doctor who speaks good English. The cost was about 70,000 Baht for a caesarian, with a 4 day/3 night stay.

One of the advantages is that Central Bangna / Big C is just down the road, so it's easy to get something to eat (which is a factor if you're hanging around the hospital a lot)....they do have a cafe area downstairs too, but all of the menu items are in Thai, which is a problem for me.