How i made 10,000s of $ this morning & any good online investment tools?

So over last year i havent really had any time to study my portfolio due to busy work/home schedule- other than checking once or twice and seeing my thai stock portfolio down by - 2 million baht (!!!) I assumed it was due to the anti-govt protestors and was especially annoyed because of the nice big stock price increases in US and elsewhere over last year.

Then this morning i see that last year i bought 30,000 BANPU shares at 39 baht each but i inputed the transaction into my bloomberg portfolio as 390 baht per share instead of 39 - D'oh! Anyway, that made me happy this morning when i realised this mistake :)

Part two-- i am looking for a good portfolio analysis tool- so far come up with portfoliomonkey and stockalicious does any one have any other suggestions? Also for stock screeners (i normally use FT website screener).

Banpu haven't been 39 baht for a long long time. I bought them in 2007 for 220, and they certainly haven't been that low since, so I suspect you got them for 390 just like you first thought.

I checked my broker account and yes I got them at 39- still very pleased :)

Also thx to the poster about google info. good to know google finance have Thai stocks.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

There was a 10 for 1 share split around the end of July,

Probably accounts for the confusion.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/01/markets-thailand-stocksnews-banpu-idUSL4N0G20US20130801

smile.png

Not sure if the O/P has any cause for jubilation.

From the quoted Reuters article: "The stock had fallen 42 percent so far this year as weak coal prices weighed on its earnings outlook."

Reuters wording makes it sound like a reverse split: "announced a 1-for-10 share split plan."

In either event I hope he changed both the per share adjusted price and the number of shares owned.

There was a 10 for 1 share split around the end of July,

Probably accounts for the confusion.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/01/markets-thailand-stocksnews-banpu-idUSL4N0G20US20130801

smile.png

Not sure if the O/P has any cause for jubilation.[/size]

From the quoted Reuters article: "The stock had fallen 42 percent so far this year as weak [/size]coal[/size] prices weighed on its [/size]earnings outlook."[/size]

[/size]Reuters wording makes it sound like a reverse split: "[/size]announced a 1-for-10 share split plan."[/size]

In either event I hope he changed both the per share adjusted price and the number of shares owned.

A perceived @50,000 $ loss turned into an actual 9K loss- yes very happy under the circumstances !

But also annoyed in that i remember i bought that BANPU play as a short term 1-3 week trade to take advantage of a low RSI/oversold charting- but then had a trip for work at short notice which meant i took my eye off the ball.

Edited by ExpatJ

Then this morning i see that last year i bought 30,000 BANPU shares at 39 baht each but i inputed the transaction into my bloomberg portfolio as 390 baht per share instead of 39 - D'oh! Anyway, that made me happy this morning when i realised this mistake.

hmmm...

-30000 shares @ 390 Baht = 11,700,00 Baht = 357,000 Dollars

-30000 shares @ 39 Baht = 1,170.000 Baht = 35,700 Dollars

you mean you did not realise the difference of 321.300 Dollars in your portfolio or are you just pulling our legs? whistling.gif

Believe it or not- due to a mistake when i inputted my initial purchase into my portfolio and the share split- i ended up with 50,000 US$ loss on paper (which wa actually 9 k only) - I didn't take the time to review properly due to other work commitments so I just assumed I had taken a big loss (a 50K loss though big, is not enough to make me stop everything and follow up if i am busy as i have been- my risk tolerance and willingness to accept losses is fairly high)

But certainly a good lesson learned for me- make sure to monitor investments more closely and only engage in short term trading when I have the time to follow up !

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by ExpatJ