Racist Thai teacher

Tmymaimee

we have "red necks" in Australia too, they are in every country. Usually people that cannot accept that they are the stupid ones with no great intelligence and need to run others down so that they dont feel so bad. I just laugh at them as their comments are totally stupid and ill informed, she is an uneducated dropkick, just turn your back on her and walk away.

• Like 1

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have met countless westerners who have the exact same attitude (in reverse) about other ethnicities/nationalities when I grew up in the west. I have met even many westerners with Thai partners in Thailand/abroad who think the same as she does in reverse (everything Thai sucks, blah blah blah). Actually, on balance quite a lot in the latter category - it's pretty odd when they have kids and cannot even conceal how much they hate a fair chunk of the kids' makeup - no wonder so many look krueng end up as total screw ups.

As per the description of the person in Tennessee, usually the hatred is kept slightly concealed, to be revealed once the person has sized you up (either in some cases to annoy you, in other cases because they think you will agree).

As with most racists, she sounds like a bit of an idiot, and possibly mentally a little unhinged, and I would almost try to avoid her, except that she does provide amusement value as the Thai Archie Bunker - next time she starts ranting, perhaps asking her to stifle herself. As Simon43 said, a video recording would be really good, I love watching All in the Family.

• Like 2

Call me naive but this does not sound like a normal teacher's behavior especially her statement on your dog, I am a bit skeptical about the entirely story, some part I can see it, but the other part does not seem to add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Concur.

If the conversations the OP is describing are taking place, that would be on a module 6 level at some place like UTL for example.

Next time ask her if she is really Thai 100%, if she says yes ask her why the Bkk Thais refer to her type as ee lao.

OP is still pissed he got dumped by some pro.

Yes, I thought that was an odd part. At first I didn't quite understand what she was saying as I never knew she saw me walking my dog outside the class. I thought she was joking initially as who in their right mind would prefer some flea bitten soi dog runt as opposed to a Lab.

Soi dogs to me look sort of inbred….all stunted, small and and not quite normal.

She taught me again and I tried to wind her up but she was in a better mood and wouldn't bite.

I asked her how she can decide who Thai people are….she said by their facial appearance. I asked her about my friend who is 100% white in appearance but holds a Thai ID from her half-Thai mom. She couldn't answer as there is no answer to that.

I asked her if she felt it was fair that so many Thais immigrate to America and Canada yet its not reciprocal. She said why does Thailand need farang when Thais can do the same work as farang. When I said if that's the case, why do so many farang work here and for a higher salary, she just changed the topic.

You can't win as she has already made up her mind and not open to new ideas.

• Like 1

Call me naive but this does not sound like a normal teacher's behavior especially her statement on your dog, I am a bit skeptical about the entirely story, some part I can see it, but the other part does not seem to add up.

Concur.

If the conversations the OP is describing are taking place, that would be on a module 6 level at some place like UTL for example.

Next time ask her if she is really Thai 100%, if she says yes ask her why the Bkk Thais refer to her type as ee lao.

OP is still pissed he got dumped by some pro.

Actually, that must have been someone else. I was the one who wanted my girlfriend to dump me but she won't leave. She's still here….

Why is it when someone is skeptical of a story, I PM them my phone number so they can follow it up and they never call me? I have better things to do then just make stuff up. I don't know what UTL is but I study Thai at Chula, however classes are suspended for now so I study at a private school.

so this teacher teaches people she resents and dislikes. think about it... spending your working day helping people you resent and dislike. day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year... you have to feel sorry for her.

• Like 1

Yes, I thought that was an odd part. At first I didn't quite understand what she was saying as I never knew she saw me walking my dog outside the class. I thought she was joking initially as who in their right mind would prefer some flea bitten soi dog runt as opposed to a Lab.

Soi dogs to me look sort of inbred….all stunted, small and and not quite normal.

She taught me again and I tried to wind her up but she was in a better mood and wouldn't bite.

I asked her how she can decide who Thai people are….she said by their facial appearance. I asked her about my friend who is 100% white in appearance but holds a Thai ID from her half-Thai mom. She couldn't answer as there is no answer to that.

I asked her if she felt it was fair that so many Thais immigrate to America and Canada yet its not reciprocal. She said why does Thailand need farang when Thais can do the same work as farang. When I said if that's the case, why do so many farang work here and for a higher salary, she just changed the topic.

Even with your explanation still it does not sound right. Something must be lost in translation.

• Like 1

I worked for 20 years in northern Canada flying drunk, smelly, dirty and disgusting Indians (not the ones from India). I did it in order to finish work early and move to Thailand. I hated everything about them…their culture, language, appearance, music, attitude, even their physical presence made me ill.

Now I can relate to how bar girls feel with their ugly customers. I had to smile and laugh with them while inside I was repulsed by them. I was no different than a bar girl and sold my dignity for money everyday. Its not a pleasant existence but I have a good life here now.

• Like 1

There is a similar topic re a Thai's attitude towards Westeners by a Thai teacher/lecturer from Chiang Mai

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/686107-farang-go-home/

Which if I remember was never corroborated and quite likely a troll (either on TV or one of the 2 originating sites); but it undoubtedly improved the hits on a CM based "news" organisation for a day or two.

But seriously, reading threads such as this one (and probably more than 50% on the general forum and teaching forum - well actually many of the forums) I wouldn't blame any Thai for having a low opinion of farang intelligence and manners.

• Like 2

I looked at your previous posts and congratulate you on speaking fluent Thai in a few days. I noticed you said you were planning on moving to Thailand in October of 2013. When did you actually get here?

There is a similar topic re a Thai's attitude towards Westeners by a Thai teacher/lecturer from Chiang Mai

Which if I remember was never corroborated and quite likely a troll (either on TV or one of the 2 originating sites); but it undoubtedly improved the hits on a CM based "news" organisation for a day or two.

But seriously, reading threads such as this one (and probably more than 50% on the general forum and teaching forum - well actually many of the forums) I wouldn't blame any Thai for having a low opinion of farang intelligence and manners.

BTW the response on TV from the media company on the matter in Chiang Mai

"Yes, we have done our duediligence; would be crazy to publish something like this without doing so. It is ugly, but is one woman's attitude, hence our agreement with the university in question to later remove their name from the article. The reason we decided to publish it is that she is in fact a head of department and has influence upon the young. She also posted this on a very public forum and we believe it is a topic which is relevant to our times. Her comments have also sparked huge debate amongst her Thai students."

Pim Kemasingki (publisher of CityNews)

Edited by simple1

would have nothing to do with the automatic gates that Thai passport holders use these day....

even if 100 thais and 100 farangs arrived at the same time it would take longer to process the farangs

filling in arrival and departure forms and the confusion but you can see theres about 9 windows marked "FOREIGN PASSPORT" and one or two

at the end for the thais usually

So what is your point again? That you are more well travelled that 80% of Thai's?

"Yes, we have done our duediligence; would be crazy to publish something like this without doing so. It is ugly, but is one woman's attitude, hence our agreement with the university in question to later remove their name from the article. The reason we decided to publish it is that she is in fact a head of department and has influence upon the young. She also posted this on a very public forum and we believe it is a topic which is relevant to our times. Her comments have also sparked huge debate amongst her Thai students."

Personally I have little faith in that "news" organ....

but it's interesting isn't it - a few apparently racist comments by a Thai, and all that brouhaha; and yet on other sites (ahem) a permanent deluge of anti-Thai racism and no-one seems to even notice ;-)

Indeed, she is crying out for it and won't be able to deny her true feelings forever. Get in there, or if not interested and you really want to wind her up, ask her what part of Lao her family came from. whistling.gif

• Like 1

I worked for 20 years in northern Canada flying drunk, smelly, dirty and disgusting Indians (not the ones from India). I did it in order to finish work early and move to Thailand. I hated everything about them…their culture, language, appearance, music, attitude, even their physical presence made me ill.

Now I can relate to how bar girls feel with their ugly customers. I had to smile and laugh with them while inside I was repulsed by them. I was no different than a bar girl and sold my dignity for money everyday. Its not a pleasant existence but I have a good life here now.

They would be native canadians. What sort of natives are in canada and how they are similar to the ones in america? I mean you know of the sioux and the apache cos these are famous tribes but so far i have never really heard of the canadian indians and do they have a canadian version of the trail of tears?

Btw it's the native canadian's country so you are the invader.

• Like 1

Indeed, she is crying out for it and won't be able to deny her true feelings forever. Get in there, or if not interested and you really want to wind her up, ask her what part of Lao her family came from. whistling.gif

ask her how it felt to lose her virginity to a family member such as a father/brother/uncle for example

everyone knows thats " thai style "

if she wants to be a racist bitch ,cut her down to size :D

• Like 2

Personally I have little faith in that "news" organ....

but it's interesting isn't it - a few apparently racist comments by a Thai, and all that brouhaha; and yet on other sites (ahem) a permanent deluge of anti-Thai racism and no-one seems to even notice ;-)

true, a fair amount of bigotry/racism on this forum & not just directed towards Thais. The OTT comments in breach of forum rules are removed by the MODS

Be careful what you ask for... :)

I'm not sure if the OP is jerking our collective chains or not; however, I say give Miss Anti Farang teacher what she is asking for - no more westerners in Thailand (dogs included :) ) ban all western products and, of course, refuse to learn English and insist that the rest of the world learn Thai :)

See how that works out for her :)

She is really obsessed with the topic of Farang faults, isn't she?

It sounds more to me like she was jilted by a Farang and now has a deep hatred of them. From what I understand, these ideas are drilled into Thai children's heads both in their communities and schools, so it might be caused by that. Either way, if she's obsessing so much about this, you can be sure that she's generally a miserable and unhappy person who wants to blame others for her lot in life. I might ask her if Farang are so awful, why do all the women on woman's products marketed to Thais in the store look Farang? In other words, if Farang are so terrible, why do 99% of Thai woman want to look like them?

BTW, if she is only a teacher hired by the school and she is being offensive toward a portion of the class, why don't you just report her to the administrators and make a formal complaint?

sounds like two people low on IQ

ask her how it felt to lose her virginity to a family member such as a father/brother/uncle for example

everyone knows thats " thai style "

if she wants to be a racist bitch ,cut her down to size biggrin.png

I was just going to mention farang trash here in Thailand before I read your intellectual comment

• Like 1