30 private firms blacklisted by CMPO for supporting protesters

webfact

1st: Thai 7/11 is CP. CP ALL Public Company Limited is the flagship company of the Charoen Pokphand Group’s marketing and distribution business. It is the Thai licensee of 7-Eleven since 1989 and operates 6,479 convenience stores under that trademark in Thailand. This is the third largest number of stores after the United States and Japan.[12]

2nd: Are you for real? Charoen Pokphand traces its beginnings back to 1921, when the Chinese immigrant brothers Chia Ek Chor (谢易初) and Chia Siew Whooy (谢少飞) sEk Chor’s two elder sons, Jaran Chiaravanont and Montri Jiaravanont. The company further integrated its business to include livestock farming, marketing and distribution, under Dhanin Chearavanont. By the 1970s, the company had a virtual monopoly on the supply of chicken and eggs in Thailand.[4]

Abhisits family came via Vietnam

3rd: dunno

4th.. try not eat to much rice.. the carbs make me fat....ter.

CP is now under a front company with Thaksin. Just talked with a relative in the South about it.

Abhisit's background is Teochew Chinese from Malaysia

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Firms funding PDRC rallies under scrutiny, DSI chief says
Anapat Deechuay
The Nation

Companies will be warned in writing to stop providing support to protesters

BANGKOK: -- THE CENTRE for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) has blacklisted some 30 large corporations for providing financial support to the anti-government protest led by Suthep Thaugsuban's People's Democratic Reform Committee, Department of Special Investigation (DSI) chief Tarit Pengdith said yesterday.

The CMPO has commissioned the Anti-Money Laundering Office and the DSI to scrutinise the companies' financial transactions, Tarit said, adding that the authorities would send them written warnings demanding that they stop providing support to the protesters.

Initial reports received by the DSI showed that Bt200 million in financial support had been transferred to the protest's catering |operation under the name of Krua Rajdamnoen, according to Tarit.

He did not disclose the names of the big companies thought to be financing the anti-government protest, however.

The support was made in many forms, not only cash but also shelters, vehicles, equipment and other facilities, Tarit said.

The DSI chief added that the CMPO had asked the mass media to cooperate by not circulating provocative or intimidating messages, which was a violation of the Emergency Decree.

The CMPO urged people affected by the anti-government protest to lodge complaints with police in order to be eligible for compensation from the authorities after the political crisis is over, he said. Petition documents could also be used to claim compensation from insurers, he said.

At a meeting with the CMPO yesterday, the DSI reported that it has charged 58 leaders of the PDRC and would ask the court to issue arrest warrants for 16 of them, including top leader Suthep, he said.

The CMPO and the PDRC are at odds in the political conflict, as the latter has demanded the government of Yingluck Shinawatra step down so that the PDRC can set up an unelected caretaker government to reform the country before an election is held.

In response to the protests, the government declared a state of emergency last week to control the situation in Bangkok and its outskirts. The protesters have sought a court ruling to end the state of emergency.

The Civil Court will rule at 11am on Thursday whether to impose a provisional measure to effectively revoke the emergency decree.

Emergency rule 'illegitimate'

Thaworn Senneam, a leader of the PDRC and former Democrat MP, yesterday filed the suit at the Civil Court accusing the government of declaring a state of emergency without legitimacy, and requesting an injunction against |it.

He said the Constitutional Court had ruled that the PDRC protest is lawful since it is unarmed and peaceful.

Thus, he said, the government does not need to impose the state of emergency, which restricts the protesters' rights.

Thaworn said he had to file the suit with the Civil Court because the emergency decree does not allow him to bring the case to the Administrative Court.

PDRC leaders would not lead the protesters based at the Victory Monument site to lay siege to any state premises, as they fear for the protesters' safety, Thaworn said.

He added that police deployed to keep security at the protest site had been withdrawn, as police feared they could face legal action for supporting illegal protests after the imposition of the state of emergency.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-28

Does anyone have a list of Shinawatra businesses that i can boycott?

I don't know if they're Shinawatra businesses or not, but around where I live, people have begun boycotting the following:

• AIS
  • PTP
  • 7/11
  • CP

CP has their fingers in a lot of different pies, so a little research should show they run quite a few different companies.

AIS?? What a surprise!!

CP and 7/11 is the same company. 7/11 owned by CP ALL

PTP is a political party.

So maybe you need to do a little research yourself??coffee1.gif

Your not quite right about CP..

CP All is just the company that runs 7/11 it's SO much bigger than that.

see: http://www.cpthailand.com/default.aspx?tabid=39

They also have a BIG presence in China.. Being effectively Chinese owned as they are. Dhanin Chearavanont is 58th richest man with 14.3 billion dollars personal wealth.. so a good work ethic and the right contacts goes a long way.

Where would anyone get the idea that CP is pro thaksin?

Never ever heard that one.

• Like 1

I wonder if the following are included: stage equipment suppliers, loudspeakers and amplifier equipment renters, renters of tents, sand and sandbag suppliers, tractor equipment renter for lifting concrete barriers, renters of lorries equipped with loudspeakers....?

Only if it was all supplied free of charge. Renting equipment to the protesters or selling it to them is not likely to be termed support in the sense CMPO means.

Using logic is really going out on a limb when it involves the actions of DSI's Tarit and CMPO's Chalerm as it's not something they use themselves.

Quite likely, they won't use that criteria in their quest for totalitarian control.

BANGKOK: -- THE CENTRE for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) has blacklisted some 30 large corporations

He did not disclose the names of the big companies

Another pledge from the cloned PM falls by the wayside

Yingluck places importance on transparency and justice

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/654338-yingluck-places-importance-on-transparency-and-justice/?p=6621094

Mmm what kind of companies could be blacklisted?

Probably a palaa-manufacturer, Mama-noodles, PTT- fuels, Singha drink water, the national whistle-manufacturer and the manufacturer of flags..............but what is the purpose of blacklisting companies and keep the list a secret?

Right.........there is no blacklist......one typical example of some desperate quote of some dooderiedoo-official

I'm not keen on this...bit McCarthyist for my taste

Finally we agree on something. You are coming along. Now keep looking at everything else this corrupt Gov is doing and you might get the picture.

Many of these companies are on the stock market. At the last share holders have a right to know.

I'd like Tarit to publish them, and I'll make sure that I patronize those business in the future. smile.png

The fact that he wants to keep it secret, is that he knows full well that he is treading into some very dodgy areas legally. The Fascist regime of The DL though will make sure all dissent it stopped, if it is to achieve it's dream of total control.

The reason Tarit is keeping it secret is:

1. They might one way or the other be linked to the Shin clan

2. If they pay Tarit enough the investigation will stop

This is what Tarit has been doing since he took office. Makes a big scene out of a potential case and then you hear nothing about it anymore.

Tarit ever the little dog on the record label sitting beside the gramophone horn.

This one?

post-5614-0-46071300-1390904214_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I'd like Tarit to publish them, and I'll make sure that I patronize those business in the future. smile.png

The fact that he wants to keep it secret, is that he knows full well that he is treading into some very dodgy areas legally. The Fascist regime of The DL though will make sure all dissent it stopped, if it is to achieve it's dream of total control.

The reason Tarit is keeping it secret is:

1. They might one way or the other be linked to the Shin clan

2. If they pay Tarit enough the investigation will stop

This is what Tarit has been doing since he took office. Makes a big scene out of a potential case and then you hear nothing about it anymore.

Tarit ever the little dog on the record label sitting beside the gramophone horn.

This one?

attachicon.gifhis masters voice.jpg

The very one - His Masters Voice

When they think Suthep cannot win... They will change sides anyway and Chalerm is threatening them... Do it now.

I think any business involved in this should be ruined and sanctins imposed against them. If Chalerm has a list of 30, names will start to trickle out and I think maybe one or two of the smaller businesses may start to have some operating problems soon as a lesson to the rest!!!!

When they think Suthep cannot win... They will change sides anyway and Chalerm is threatening them... Do it now.

I think any business involved in this should be ruined and sanctins imposed against them. If Chalerm has a list of 30, names will start to trickle out and I think maybe one or two of the smaller businesses may start to have some operating problems soon as a lesson to the rest!!!!

So remind me again ... With what you said in mind ... Who are the Fascists?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A company sponsoring the over throw of an elected government would be considered a pretty serious issue in grown up parts of the world.

A company sponsoring the over throw of an elected government would be considered a pretty serious issue in grown up parts of the world.

Overthrowing legal governments would get you death penalty in many countries.

There can be no forgiveness for this as it is blatant, planned and has been continuing for 3 months now,

And yet that's what the US is considering in the Ukraine!

Due to the buy out of Siam Macro, CP are experiencing some finance difficulties that are a direct result of the economic fallout from the protests, ie, folks aren't spending, so it would appear to be a bit of a selfie if they are funding the protests. This is a business that would have benefitted from Thaksin's chicken for military aircraft exchange with Sweden, and also benefitted massively from the health and safety regulations instituted after the bird flu epidemic. Most of the smaller chicken farms couldn't meet the new health and safety requirements. Could be a conspiracy theory right there. CP, I think, was involved with KFC but there was a falling out and they started Chesters Chicken.

Edited by chrisrazz

Due to the buy out of Siam Macro, CP are experiencing some finance difficulties that are a direct result of the economic fallout from the protests, ie, folks aren't spending, so it would appear to be a bit of a selfie if they are funding the protests. This is a business that would have benefitted from Thaksin's chicken for military aircraft exchange with Sweden, and also benefitted massively from the health and safety regulations instituted after the bird flu epidemic. Most of the smaller chicken farms couldn't meet the new health and safety requirements. Could be a conspiracy theory right there. CP, I think, was involved with KFC but there was a falling out and they started Chesters Chicken.

I'm pretty sure CP have had a falling out with ALL it's foreign partnerships and then set up by themselves .. orange. Ubc etc

As well, an elected government controlled from overseas by a convicted fugitive would similarly raise an eyebrow in most of the world .

• Like 1

The PDRC is a Terrorist (like) organization so I agree with hammering those who facilitate and assist in Terrorist acts ...such as

intimidating voters and destruction of Kingdom/government property, and the attempted kidnapping or plotting to kidnap high officials.

Edited by kuka

The PDRC is a Terrorist (like) organization so I agree with hammering those who facilitate and assist in Terrorist acts ...such as

intimidating voters and destruction of Kingdom/government property, and the attempted kidnapping or plotting to kidnap high officials.

You never know. They may make it onto a list one day if they carry on like this. They certainly are a major threat to democracy.

CP is one of the names I have heard a lot this past week. Be great if they were hurt badly over this if they are funding it.

Bet more redshirts shop in their outlets than hi-so thai elites. Any backlash could really hurt

You never know. They may make it onto a list one day if they carry on like this. They certainly are a major threat to democracy.

CP is one of the names I have heard a lot this past week. Be great if they were hurt badly over this if they are funding it.

Bet more redshirts shop in their outlets than hi-so thai elites. Any backlash could really hurt

I bet more Red shirts work for them or rely on them in some way considering they are Thailand's largest company .. good move!

There needs to be proof. I thought the DSI had already frozen accounts of all those involved. Now there is a new list.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

They take legal action but keep it secret?

Is he worried that the government might get sued for defamation. Going to be some good names on that list....

Star Chamber
Not keeping their names secret. Letters were sent to them explaining how and what laws they have violated. No intention to charge them either if they stop funding an insurrection activities. I observed that the current government is compassionate, patience, not arrogant and not confrontational, unlike the previous illegitimate government. It has been patience with the misled and misguided protesters and will appeal for leniency for them if they surrendered.

Send from my Mobile