What Happened To All The Expats Clubs?

george

EXPAT COMMUNITIES IN THAILAND

What happened to all the Expats Clubs and Associations? We see no activity here at all. Shall I move these posts to "general Topics" instead, so we can launch another branch here instead.

Maybe the new Local Forums can manage to host messages from the Expats clubs and associations.

Your input is much appreciated!

/Admin

Any idea about having a " Thaivisa club"?, I would not mind helping co ordinate activity for thaivisa member overseas ( perhaps first in Amsterdam or London ). :o

All the thaivisa member who live overseas can join in the local meeting, exchanging information about Thailand and do some nice activities together.

What do you reckon?

I have started a Thaivisa expats club in Azerbaijan, I meet with myself at the pub every Friday night :D

But seriously, there a couple of Thaivisa members working with me over there (over there because I am now over here :o ) but not full time contributors. I have just organised a job for a guy who has land on Koh Samui, and introduced him to TV, which he thinks is a great resource. He will be taking his Thai wife with him when he starts, providing some company for my wife.

So that will make it 5 TV members that I know of.

George, perhaps they can be pinned at the top of each of the locals forums?

What happened to all the Expats Clubs and Associations? We see no activity here at all. Shall I move these posts to "general Topics" instead, so we can launch another branch here instead.

Maybe the new Local Forums can manage to host messages from the Expats clubs and associations.

I think the answer is in the question,... :o

seems everyone wanted an expat club but know

one bothered to go.

thats why people like to spend lots of money joining the British club etc

AMCHAM and stand around complaining about things here?

If your an expat and like to complain like lots on here

I have some advice-

GO HOME

and see what u really missing.

• 2 weeks later...

Your input is much appreciated!

/Admin

George,

As mention by others, I think the answer is in the question. However, I must say it requires a lot of time and search to come to this forum. But some of the expat associations are not divided as out local forums so for sure some will complain. But I support moving the expat communities to the local forums. That should also relive you a little bit having done 15 posts already to day.

Cheers……..kandt :o

I think the market for expat clubs is already saturated.

Many embassies or chambers of commerce have some type of well funded and sponsored networks - business, sporting or socially orientated, which organise big events to keep people interested (eg business roundtables, monthly networking drinks, the southerners ball, irish ball, NZ society ball etc etc) which tend to cater to most of the expat population of BKK in some shape, way or form.

And no-offence to anyone, but they usually never met at the burbon street bar, unless it was for a piss-up :o

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe make up a web page summarising all the active expat groups that have had their names metioned here. People do come to Thailand looking for groups they can join to help them settle into LOS. It would be a valuable resource for the site.

I can't say anything anymore as GF is a kiwi. Having said that, these shindigs aren't usually filled with too many expats who have been in "the far east" since the 1950's.

Usually find a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings on 2 year junkets from home office looking to get really drunk. If thats your thing.

• 1 month later...