why so many Asians and Europeans wear USA flag

newbiecuk

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

whole table of Europeans with us sport team shits, Thai waitresses has us flag on, Russians walk by with yet again cheesy las Vegas shirt on... why does everyone worship Americans ?.. even homeless in Cambodia have USA flags on.

Do you really have to ask?

Because the USA is so <deleted> awesomeB)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thats a non sense .Everybody whorship United States ? ( America is not the USA only ) Thats an opinion from someone from USA ,am i correct ? Is exactly the same as people wearing shirts of " I LOVE PARIS/NY/LONDON" and they had never step a foot out of their cities . Ignorance is maybe the cause of wearing such t-shirts

Edited by Wavnarok

the Guardian (Brits, is that considered left/right/tabloid or what?)

Left wing.
And the Telegraph?

Also known as the Torygraph - so now right-leaning, but used to be very Liberal in its editorials.

Guardian - known as the Teacher's Rag

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Also known as the Torygraph - so now right-leaning, but used to be very Liberal in its editorials.

I thought Liberal in Britspeak meant more like libertarian not leftist.
The Liberals are a political party in the UK. The most famous probably being Gladstone & Churchill. Now part of the current coalition governing the UK along with the Tories (Conservative Party). The Telegraph was never a lefty paper; unlike the Guardian, which most definitely is !

PS - both are broadsheets

Edited by Commander Tamson

I have pointed out to some young women in my village that their shirts, shorts or pants are made from the flg of my country ( USA ).

They had no idea that it was a flag or what country it represented.

They just think the colors and pattern are cool!

It's like all of the Tshirts with English writing on them that they wear and cannot read.

At a school function recently, I saw a young mother wearing a shirt that had the word "F*uk" printed on it at least 20 times.

She had no idea what it said.

I informed a woman once that the shirt her 10 year old daughter was wearing said " I am good at using my mouth to make boys happy"

Again, she had no idea what it said until I told her.

I guess it's kind of like all the Americans who had Japanese characters tattoos on their bodies and have no idea what they mean...

It's just stupidity!

At an evening Market in Isaan, I saw a beautiful little 13 or 14 year-old angel wearing a large black T-Shirt with big white letters on the front that said: "I <deleted> FOR COKE!" (Obviously having no idea what it means!)

Because its not just a flag, its a symbol a brand for them, and still a Dream. my gf prefers the UK flag and NR 2 USA. I asked her why?She said: Its beautiful... Good topic. If you ask me the Japanese red sun t-shirt within years is gonna fight for the 1-3 place.

These I bought back in Scandinavia. and the whole shop was full of painting, boxes, pencils everything you can imagine covered with these two flags(She loves them)

post-198208-0-70357300-1391155134_thumb.

Because its not just a flag, its a symbol a brand for them, and still a Dream. my gf prefers the UK flag and NR 2 USA. I asked her why?She said: Its beautiful... Good topic. If you ask me the Japanese red sun t-shirt within years is gonna fight for the 1-3 place.

These I bought back in Scandinavia. and the whole shop was full of painting, boxes, pencils everything you can imagine covered with these two flags(She loves them)

I think items like that are pretty cool too. And the design of both the USA & UK flags are way the best designs on the planet.

The London Underground map is another brilliant design and now an icon also.

Going back to the original topic in my village I've not seen the stars and stripes. There are union jack bags, t shirts and hats everywhere. Its a fashion symbol and most people not all probably don't know what it is.

Personally you would not see me dead wearing a union jack anything. The queen being German and her husband Greek. 16 September freedom for Scotland. Then again living in Thailand I wont vote and let the people living there decide.

Union Jack, well, when flown on a RN ship. Did see a Union Flag upside down once in a court martial, just behind the judges heads. RSM was spitting feathers for some hours after that.

As for the Scottish independence, my sweaty sock neigbour has just gone back after his annual hols here and "no way is it gonna happen Jimmy"

Edited by phutoie2
  • Like 1

Aye OK if we are using sweaty socks and Jimmy its better than Morris Dancing round the Maypole....

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Personally I think the whole Scottish Independence caper would disappear overnight if the Royal Society for Morris Dancing round the Maypole allowed the wearing of the kilt