A protester injured in a shooting in front of Army Club

webfact

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The shooter was a policeman, as per an eye witness Identified as Mr.Weerasak in the BP newspaper article this morning states a man was (now known as Sgt Kongpetch)surrounded by a PDRC crowd that suspected "he was not a PDRC supporter" and tried to search him, but he would not let them, they insisted and he pulled out his gun and shot at them "He only acted in self defense" after the crowd ran he attempted to escape and was caught by PDRC guards that were hitting him in the head with a brick and beat him.

Cheers

Just viewed the video, that is sure to draw a lot of supporters world wide to Sutheps peaceful protest!

Edited by kikoman

The facts of this case are simple to follow, there was 3 undercover policemen on duty doing surveillance work at the demo yesterday, they were armed and all of this is normal international practise.

Someone saw the gun and yelled, "gun gun" and pointed at the policemen, the guards quickly surrounded the policemen and started pushing and pulling at him to remove his gun, the policemen started to get scared, withdrew his gun and fired a shot which accidentally hit one demonstrator in the leg. at this point many more guards came over and starting attacking him, stomping on his head, hitting him and basically acting him like a pack of wild dogs. The other police and medical workers were able to contain the situation and remove him after about 30 seconds. When they took the policemen to the hospital he was refused entry and blocked by the yellow shirt guards, so they had to take him to another hospital. The policemen has been reported as receiving Skull damage, broken ribs and lung injuries. I can only imagine what the police watching the video of their associate being brutally attacked are feeling right now for just doing his job.

Here up is your version of the facts!

It may be "international practice" for undercover police officer to carry guns in protest area but the Thai Police received order NOT TO CARRY fire arms near protestants when they are in plain clothe (not in uniform)!!!

I agree that the guards should not have beaten him that much but read here after and you may understand (not excuse)!

Here after is what I lived yesterday (as I was on the scene):

1 protester was first SHOT IN THE BACK (as The Nation declared).

The guards estimated that the shot came from the small bridge and rush to find who did it.

The gunman run away, a women saw him carry a gun and gave the alarm (here start your story here up)!

The guards charged him and he shot a second person in the leg (luckily the bullet just scratched him).

The other guards took care of the gunner (Policemen) and...

The peoples who came a little later to stop the fight where NOT POLICE OFFICERS! The where protest leaders and medical workers!!!

Maybe you can imagine also the feeling of the peoples when they have the proof that the "Men in Black" are Police Officer!!!

It's all circumstantial, many of the guards are uneducated thugs who will say anything to spin it there way. The video is proof enough, watch it. There is also no evidence to suggest he was wearing the motorbike taxi vest and PDRC shirt as laid out by the thugs. Maybe this picture will help clarify it, he was an undercover detective, quite normal to carry a gun. This was a mobile demo, not a camping site as such. There is no justification for this behaviour, they lost control as the rule of law is being eroded by Suthep continually saying that the police are bad.

BfFgFCCCQAEEfVV.jpg

Well, he took his own risk carrying a gun into a crowd of protestors and letting someone see it. Need to balance the advantage of having a gun for self protection (or whatever else he wanted it for) and being caught carrying a gun by a group of men who are on edge about being shot at or blown up with grenades. One guy with a pistol can only take down two or three people at the most in a crowd like this before he is disarmed. Seems like he made an unsound decision. Probably poor police training is to blame.

The video doesn't show the protestor who was shot in the stomach, only someone with a foot injury. Was he shot in the stomach before the action captured in the video?

From TNN24 it is in Thai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEDLaRBWY5Q

My Thai is not very good, but the clip say something like:

The police fake as a motorcycle taxi man, was on the bridge, looking for information.

He was seen walking on the bridge trailing by a number of protester's guard.

A woman happen to notice the hidden gun, hence scream out GUN GUN.

The man try to run down the bridge, but was attacked by mob when he reach the ground.

He tried to fight, then a gun shot was heard, and a protester was seen limping.

IMHO looks more like self defense to me, but I am sure you will not agree.

He had gun, handcraft, police id, and came here ridding a police bike.

But why the hell is he wearing a motocycle-taxi vest? Moonlighting between job?

What they do not show and say in this VDO clip, is that this Police Officer shot a protester IN THE BACK before all this happened!

At my knowledge, shooting someone in the back is not self defense!

Edited by ManopY

The facts of this case are simple to follow, there was 3 undercover policemen on duty doing surveillance work at the demo yesterday, they were armed and all of this is normal international practise.

Someone saw the gun and yelled, "gun gun" and pointed at the policemen, the guards quickly surrounded the policemen and started pushing and pulling at him to remove his gun, the policemen started to get scared, withdrew his gun and fired a shot which accidentally hit one demonstrator in the leg. at this point many more guards came over and starting attacking him, stomping on his head, hitting him and basically acting him like a pack of wild dogs. The other police and medical workers were able to contain the situation and remove him after about 30 seconds. When they took the policemen to the hospital he was refused entry and blocked by the yellow shirt guards, so they had to take him to another hospital. The policemen has been reported as receiving Skull damage, broken ribs and lung injuries. I can only imagine what the police watching the video of their associate being brutally attacked are feeling right now for just doing his job.

Here up is your version of the facts!

It may be "international practice" for undercover police officer to carry guns in protest area but the Thai Police received order NOT TO CARRY fire arms near protestants when they are in plain clothe (not in uniform)!!!

I agree that the guards should not have beaten him that much but read here after and you may understand (not excuse)!

Here after is what I lived yesterday (as I was on the scene):

1 protester was first SHOT IN THE BACK (as The Nation declared).

The guards estimated that the shot came from the small bridge and rush to find who did it.

The gunman run away, a women saw him carry a gun and gave the alarm (here start your story here up)!

The guards charged him and he shot a second person in the leg (luckily the bullet just scratched him).

The other guards took care of the gunner (Policemen) and...

The peoples who came a little later to stop the fight where NOT POLICE OFFICERS! The where protest leaders and medical workers!!!

Maybe you can imagine also the feeling of the peoples when they have the proof that the "Men in Black" are Police Officer!!!

It's all circumstantial, many of the guards are uneducated thugs who will say anything to spin it there way. The video is proof enough, watch it. There is also no evidence to suggest he was wearing the motorbike taxi vest and PDRC shirt as laid out by the thugs. Maybe this picture will help clarify it, he was an undercover detective, quite normal to carry a gun. This was a mobile demo, not a camping site as such. There is no justification for this behaviour, they lost control as the rule of law is being eroded by Suthep continually saying that the police are bad.

BfFgFCCCQAEEfVV.jpg

Well, he took his own risk carrying a gun into a crowd of protestors and letting someone see it. Need to balance the advantage of having a gun for self protection (or whatever else he wanted it for) and being caught carrying a gun by a group of men who are on edge about being shot at or blown up with grenades. One guy with a pistol can only take down two or three people at the most in a crowd like this before he is disarmed. Seems like he made an unsound decision. Probably poor police training is to blame.

The video doesn't show the protestor who was shot in the stomach, only someone with a foot injury. Was he shot in the stomach before the action captured in the video?

The protester who was shot in the back (bullet went from his back and exit near his stomach) was shot BEFORE this VDO!!!

The police fake as a motorcycle taxi man, was on the bridge, looking for information.

The man try to run down the bridge, but was attacked by mob when he reach the ground.

What they do not show and say in this VDO clip, is that this Police Officer shot a protester IN THE BACK before all this happened!

Someone shot in the back would need medical care, should be quite easy to find, an eye witness Mr Weerasak in this morning BP did not mentioned any gunshots prior to the attempt to search Sgt Kongpetch.This is not something that just happened it was in the newspaper at 5 am this morning plenty of time for the police, media etc to find someone seeking medical attention for a gunshot wound in the back.

Who informed you about someone shot in the back,must have been that creditable (6 million man march), Dear leader Suthep, as in the video the man that was going to thrown the brick ran and jumped over the wall before the man shot in the foot came running and falling into others arm.

Clearly indicated he was being assaulted when the gun shot was fired, (as no one found a person shot in the back) it definitely was a case of self defense,

Nothing was ever mentioned in the article of a shot fired prior to the assault,

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

Someone shot in the back would need medical care, should be quite easy to find, an eye witness Mr Weerasak in this morning BP did not mentioned any gunshots prior to the attempt to search Sgt Kongpetch.This is not something that just happened it was in the newspaper at 5 am this morning plenty of time for the police, media etc to find someone seeking medical attention for a gunshot wound in the back.

Who informed you about someone shot in the back,must have been that creditable (6 million man march), Dear leader Suthep, as in the video the man that was going to thrown the brick ran and jumped over the wall before the man shot in the foot came running and falling into others arm.

Clearly indicated he was being assaulted when the gun shot was fired, (as no one found a person shot in the back) it definitely was a case of self defense,

Nothing was ever mentioned in the article of a shot fired prior to the assault,

Cheers

Just because certain info is missing from this article, doesn't mean that additional info provided by others isn't true. Plenty reports out there of the whole story. Another source says;

"The injured protester, Putthichai Wipa, was taken to Ramathibodi Hospital, while the alleged gunman, identified as Pol Snr Sgt Maj Kongpetch Petchkanha, a police investigator from Metropolitan Police Division 2, was taken to Rajavithi hospital. Ramathibodi Hospital director Surasak Leelaudomlipi said Mr Putthichai had been shot in the middle of his abdomen and the bullet exited via his back. "

Ahm...why would the fact, that someone was "shot in the back" be missing from ANY report?

As we know, most of Thailands print- media is a little bit leaning towards Suthep, so an attacker, shooting one of the peaceful and educated IN THE BACK, would be left out...because....???

Watching NBT at the moment and they have several witnesses who have cleared up the lies from Suthep & his propaganda team. The policeman along with 5 others were working undercover to collect information & assess the situation. One woman shouted out that one of them was a policeman & was armed. He was then badly beaten up by protesters & in the melee 1 protester was shot in the leg, but it appears extremely unlikely that the shot could have been fired by the heavily restrained officer who is now in a critical condition in hospital.

• Like 1

Watching NBT at the moment and they have several witnesses who have cleared up the lies from Suthep & his propaganda team. The policeman along with 5 others were working undercover to collect information & assess the situation. One woman shouted out that one of them was a policeman & was armed. He was then badly beaten up by protesters & in the melee 1 protester was shot in the leg, but it appears extremely unlikely that the shot could have been fired by the heavily restrained officer who is now in a critical condition in hospital.

The question is what happened just before.

"Ramathibodi Hospital director Surasak Leelaudomlipi said Mr Putthichai had been shot in the middle of his abdomen and the bullet exited via his back. "

Did someone else shoot this guy, and the copper was wrongfully accused? Should be easy to check how many bullets were fired from his gun.

Brother in law just returned from Asoke. He has a pass for the protest area and has been going there to pick up his Japanese client since before the protests began, This morning at 5.30am when he arrived as usual, on his way back out he was stopped and told to get out the car by two guards and was accused of having a fake pass and they wanted tea money to let them go on their way, things started to get heated but luckily another guard who has seen him over the last few weeks stepped in and spoke up... they did apologise and he was on his way but with one pretty nervous Japanese businessman

End result is the Japanese client has told him he has a meeting tomorrow with his company about possibly returning to Japan with the management and suspending business here as it is getting too dangerous. If that happens then about 25 Thai will be laid off in BKK and maybe another 50 + if they close the factory in Nontaburi.

Things it seems are deteriorating pretty fast now.

I can say I personally heard a red shirt say he was the one that killed Suthin and fired the grenade last night and that it was Thaksin who personally paid him to do it. How do you know whether I'm telling the truth or not? whistling.gif

I dont care if you believe this happened or not quite frankly. I report what happened that is all.

Turns out upon returning this morning it was no problem as it hasnt been before. Still having that meeting apparently though so im sure if some Thais lose their jobs they will be happy to sacrifice their earnings to the cause. whistling.gif

Edited by englishoak