Impatient farang drivers

Cantankerous

Why do people get excited, start sounding horns and attempt to overtake when it's impossible to do so..?

While returning from lunch today, a late 50's farang couple behind the Mrs, sounded the horn when she stopped to let 'A' car out at a junction in heavy traffic... The farang driver then persisted to attempt an overtaking manoeuvre at every impossible opportunity there after. The driver eventually undertook the Mrs on the hard shoulder, only to arrive at their destination one car ahead. I would suggest that the driver of Kaw Kaw ***, that pulled into Philippe Restaurant around 14:40 today take a chill pill, next time there may not be a mild mannered (sedated) farang in the vehicle in front.

Given the renowned short fuse of Thai males and the national hatred of losing face, why do people persist on tempting fate? I had a pistol (real or not, I didn't hang around to find out) pulled on me about 6 years back at a set of traffic lights in Ratchaburi, after I sounded my horn at a pick up truck that cut me up. That was enough for me to learn my lesson.

It's Hua Hin <deleted>, you're going to get to wherever you're going within 20 minutes. I haven't heard of anyone having a gun pulled on them or getting a beating in Hua Hin as yet, but why tempt it for the sake of a few seconds? Your actions could potentially ruin more than your lunch date...

• Like 2

national hatred of losing face

I think you mean "multi-national" hatred of losing face. It's one of the reasons Thai Visa exists ... to allow bruised farang egos to vent in anonymity. They usually insist it's something to do with their high western principles, but a hissy fit is a hissy fit by any other name.

Plenty of whacko drivers of every nationality. The term "road rage" is in English, not Thai, which should give you a clue as to its derivation.

funny%2Bpicture%2Bof%2Bspeed%2Blimit%2Bs

Edited by Suradit69

I see this kind of thing going on all over the world,all nationalities.I believe they feel better if they get to their destination 5 seconds sooner than the person they passed 10 miles back.It seems dangerous to me,but if that's the way they want to drive.Go have at it.

national hatred of losing face

I think you mean "multi-national" hatred of losing face. It's one of the reasons Thai Visa exists ... to allow bruised farang egos to vent in anonymity. They usually insist it's something to do with their high western principles, but a hissy fit is a hissy fit by any other name.

Plenty of whacko drivers of every nationality. The term "road rage" is in English, not Thai, which should give you a clue as to its derivation.

You don't get people being shot for using the horn in the west as you do in Thailand. Forever the Thai apologist, eh?

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike