Beef

mugopp

I'm a lot closer to BKK than you are an' there ain't no good beef around. You might be able to get some buffalo meat, put out of it's misery after 20 years of service, but otherwise, don't hold yer breath.

I advise buying a meat grinder then any ol' cut ob beef will taste OK for sphaghetti sauce, chilli con carne, burgers, etc. If you're lookin' for a roast or some good steaks must go down to BKK an' get NZ or Aus from Foodland or Villa...

beef ain't part of the local diet...

ol' lampard10 (see his posts on this forum) maybe could help out if you're close to the Falang Connection...

Fillet steak ( and sirloin I think)of a superior quality is available at the Passinee Cafe in Korat.

You can buy English back bacon too and ?lamb/goat .Prices are keen enough.

I can vouch for the beef and bacon which I bought by the kilo.I split the order at home and froze it.

If you want to order some I suggest you give Mike a phone. It takes a couple of days to arrive. For the number you will have to email me from this site and declare yourself.

• 1 month later...

The Thai - French beef company is actually Pon Yang Khram Livestock Breeding Corp which is located near Sakhon Nakhon. Tel is 042 714397. I have had many steaks from them which have all been high quality but heard that the best gets shipped to France.

I forgot, an alternative is to go to the German restaurant Dieter's in Udon. He regularly goes to the farm to buy beef which he cuts (butchers?) himself there. Sells it fresh at his restaurant but can also get him to get special cuts for you

Guyham

Thanks for that phone number.

Do you know if they let farangs see their beef breeding set up?

I would like to visit the area and see some of the ? 200 farms that supply Thai Beef.

We could do with a similar set up in the Korat area.

Slaughtering and processing the beef is the key, as I think there is a market both locally and in farang centres.

Which better hotels in Sakon do you recommend?

The Thai - French beef company is actually Pon Yang Khram Livestock Breeding Corp which is located near Sakhon Nakhon. Tel is 042 714397. I have had many steaks from them which have all been high quality but heard that the best gets shipped to France.

Golly...you know how famous French food is...if they buy beef from Thailand then it must be the best beef in the world.....golly gee wilikers!!!! I never knew that the best beef in the world came from Thailand!!!!!

Golly...you know how famous French food is...if they buy beef from Thailand then it must be the best beef in the world.....golly gee wilikers!!!! I never knew that the best beef in the world came from Thailand!!!!!

You think MacDonalds, Paris buy the best beef in the world?? :o get a grip Chowhah. :D:D

regards

Hi my wife buys beef steak in Udon Thani in the night market HAVE TO GO EARLY (like last time we went about 3.30am)

well actualy she buys a joint of beef think the last one was about 2 kilos (just a couple of hundered bht)

then cuts me some steaks back in the village,

We have just returned to Uk from Udon,Back to work tomorrow

Guyham

Thanks for that phone number.

Do you know if they let farangs see their beef breeding set up?

I would like to visit the area and see some of the ? 200 farms that supply Thai Beef.

We could do with a similar set up in the Korat area.

Slaughtering and processing the beef is the key, as I think there is a market both locally and in farang centres.

Which better hotels in Sakon do you recommend?

As I mentioned before, the best way to get more info or access about the beef farm is to see Dieter at his restaurant which is on Adunyadet Rd which is NW of the Charoensri Complex (this is Udon Thani, of course). It is identified as “German Restaurant” on the Udon map (available at most farang bars or on the internet). He speaks good English and has been in the food trade for most of his life. [While there, try his menu. My favorite is #11 – schnitzel in gypsy sauce with German home fries]. Dieter can explain the why’s and wherefore’s of visiting the farm etc. It is probably only about 1 hour’s drive from Udon so going to or staying in Sakhon Nakhon is not necessary unless you want to eat some dog.

Is there any place in Udon Thani that sells good beef, TG or better?

Thks, for any help :D

What's TG? Tuff grade? Plenty of that in Thailand. We stopped at a roadside beef stall outside Lampang.

Bought 2 kilos of unrecognisable beef joint. "It's fresh" the lady boasted,"killed this morning" :D

So it was well aged then. :o Tough, but tasted good in the Laav :D

regards