Track your application - VFS Regent House UK visa

We received an email this afternoon saying that UK Visas and Immigration have made a decision on our visa application. However, when using the "Track your application" option on the VFS website, it simply says that our application has been forwarded to the British Embassy.

Does anyone know if this option will actually give you the outcome, or do they keep you in suspense until the documents are returned to us?.

Guemlum

The woeful track and trace system wont be updated until the package is received back at VFS; if at all!

As theoldgit says, the only way to know the outcome is to open the envelope when it arrives.

I understand this is for data protection and privacy reasons.

Hope it's successful.

Well after a lot of hard work and a short but nerve wrecking wait, my partner was granted a tourist visa for her to visit the UK. Thanks to 7by7 and the old git and to everyone else who gave us support and encouragement over the past couple of months. We are both over the moon.

Guemlum

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by Guemlum

The visa is valid from 29/01/14 to 29/07/14 and we stated that she would visit in a May/June so I'm hoping no wellies will be needed.

In the past the British Embassy issued a letter which accompanied the visa, but we never received one? Is this normal?

Guemlum

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app