Drug rehab for foreigners in CM? The Cabin?

Ned

As far as I am aware, The Cabin does not provide non-residential services for Chiang Mai residents, as its business model is based on luxury accommodation and treatment for wealthy overseas addicts and the odd pop star.

I so hope I'm wrong...maybe nowadays they do more for the locals, rather than just bussing their clients down to the nearest AA meeting once a week or so.

Its so easy to be nice,but some people just don't seem to be able to,

and the OP wanted to know if there were others?,sometimes it best

to not give a reply at all if all that is posted is negative.

Sorry, Ned i cannot help you, if you are lucky maybe a nice person

on here will come forward with help.

Regards Worgeordie

Sorry you don't seem to feel that it'd be great if there were similar places which catered for similar problems experienced by expat residents. Strange that your first paragraph hasn't been applied to some of the 'negative' comments on forum pages discussing the tragedy going on in BKK.

You might also like to note that, since I began posting here after 9 years of reading this forum, my feelings as per my post on this thread were the first to show any non-positive thoughts. I speak as I find, Worgeordie, and care a lot that there's nothing in CM to help on this issue - sorry if this offends your sensibilities.

To the OP -- Hi, Ned - As far as I know, there are none in CM - sadly, but there's an organisation in Chiang Rai, the New Life Foundation, which is also residential but charges only around $30 per night, making it affordable for many. I've heard some excellent reports of them, and they help those with depression and other emotional problems as well as those fighting addiction. CR is a two-hour bus ride north from CM,and the city is smaller and quieter than CM.

Wish your friend all the best.

• Like 1

Regards Worgeordie

Your quite right, it was a bit over the top. Apologies to the op.

• Like 2

Regards Worgeordie

Sorry you don't seem to feel that it'd be great if there were similar places which catered for similar problems experienced by expat residents. Strange that your first paragraph hasn't been applied to some of the 'negative' comments on forum pages discussing the tragedy going on in BKK.

You might also like to note that, since I began posting here after 9 years of reading this forum, my feelings as per my post on this thread were the first to show any non-positive thoughts. I speak as I find, Worgeordie, and care a lot that there's nothing in CM to help on this issue - sorry if this offends your sensibilities.

To the OP -- Hi, Ned - As far as I know, there are none in CM - sadly, but there's an organisation in Chiang Rai, the New Life Foundation, which is also residential but charges only around $30 per night, making it affordable for many. I've heard some excellent reports of them, and they help those with depression and other emotional problems as well as those fighting addiction. CR is a two-hour bus ride north from CM,and the city is smaller and quieter than CM.

I think you'll find Worgeordie was having a go at me, and quite rightly so.

Regards Worgeordie

I think you'll find Worgeordie was having a go at me, and quite rightly so.

You might be right - if so, my apologies to Worgeorgie. Maybe I've been reading too many aggressive posts today - it's a female thing to expect a knock on the head!

here's another - http://www.drugrehabtreatment.co.za/addiction-centres/addiction-rehabilitation-centre-chiang-mai-thailand/

there must be some free AA/narcanon-type programs in CM that can offer some advice; one of my pals is a AA/narcanon counselor up here in Pai - if you PM me maybe I can contact him for some possible CM references

good luck

There are AA and NA meetings in CM. There they would know where to go to rehab.

Correct and they are great for helping to keep people clean and sober after rehab and rehab is not always necessary if one seriously joins in their free program.

• Like 2

Yes there is a rehab center named the cabins here in Chiang Mai. It does have some rich clients but it is not that expensive. $30,000 a month is common in the States. I think it is around $12,000 at the cabins. Can not say for sure as I have never looked into it that much.

I have been around treatment centers for years. I no longer involve myself with them I am retired. From what I can tell as treatment centers go this one is a good one. Apparently it is not a set 28 day program many stay 60 days. They also at a cost have a follow up house for after your program is over if you so wish it. I don't know where but they have residencies here in Chiang Mai where you are on your own with a few rules to follow. The people I have been in contact with tell me they use a combination of many different things. Yoga. Meditation among them. They also suggest AA and NA as follow up treatments.

Google them and you can find out a lot more than I can provide. I have no idea where they are located.

The best of luck.

Chiang Mai Ram hospital will admit patients for detox if they are chemically dependent, providing appropriate medical support. Some people shouldn't try to stop "cold turkey" by themselves, especially if they have other medical issues. CM Ram can supervise the detox process in such a way that the patient does not experience any of the usual side effects.

Their initial detox could work in conjunction with the well-established AA English-language network in place in Chiang Mai to assist resident foreigners. They are a great group of people, actually many groups that meet in many parts of the city at all times. If you don't like the "vibe" of one group, simply visit another.

As for The New Life Foundation in Chiang Rai -- I've heard good things about it too. The price is very, very reasonable and it's just two hours away in Chiang Rai. For a local Chiang Mai resident looking for residential treatment, it could be just the ticket. Close enough, yet not to convenient to pop back into Chiang Mai to see your old bad influences and the price is very close to what you'd pay each day for a guest house room, meals and a night out at the pub with boys.

• Like 1