Lemonade shortage - a companion to the tonic water shortage :)

narkeddiver

Some visiting friends were kind enough to bring over a bottle of Pimms but I haven't been able to find any lemonade to mix with it

7up and sprite are too sweet to use as a mixer so does anyone know where in Chiang Mai to buy lemonade or do you have any suggestions for a good replacement mixer?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I certainly hope you find a way out of the difficult situation you find yourself in.

As for lemonade, lemons and limes are readily available and you can add sugar to your taste preference but you do need to cut and squeeze the fruit. Plain water or soda water is also available. Is that too difficult?

If so, you might try Schweppes lemon lime in a can which I saw at Rimping yesterday.

Perhaps Bickford's Lemon, a decent Aussie brand ('she's a fair drop, sport !') available @ b129 from Rimping, plus soda-water ?

They also do an excellent not-too-sweet Lime Cordial, Blackcurrant, and a Ginger-Cordial which makes a reasonable version of ginger-beer if mixed with soda-water.

• Like 2

Perhaps Bickford's Lemon, a decent Aussie brand ('she's a fair drop, sport !') available @ b129 from Rimping, plus soda-water ?

They also do an excellent not-too-sweet Lime Cordial, Blackcurrant, and a Ginger-Cordial which makes a reasonable version of ginger-beer if mixed with soda-water.

Their bitter lemon cordial is quiet good too but i doubt if it would sell much in Thailand - too sooooouuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. not sweet !!

• Like 1

Good grief! You mean to tell me there is a tonic shortage in Chiang Mai. I was prepared to put up with the smog, traffic woes, riots, corruption, lethal roads and whingeing TV posters but not a dearth of tonic. A chap can't be without a good G&T. I shall have to retire elsewhere.

• Like 1

Good grief! You mean to tell me there is a tonic shortage in Chiang Mai. I was prepared to put up with the smog, traffic woes, riots, corruption, lethal roads and whingeing TV posters but not a dearth of tonic. A chap can't be without a good G&T. I shall have to retire elsewhere.

Tonic water, in the new slim cans, was fairly flying off the shelves in Makro, Hang Dong this morning. I would suggest they wern't restaurant/bar owners but distraught people who were not going to get caught short again ...laugh.png