Taxi From Krabi Airport

RabC

Guys Sorry to post this here but I tried the Krabi thread and it quieter than a morgue. I will be holidaying later in the year in Krabi with family flying over from the UK. To get to Ao Nang by Taxi is it better to pre book or just jump in a Taxi at the airport? I do not need a van as people are flying in in dribs and drabs and a Bus is a big NO. If it is better to book can anyone recommend a company please.

Thanks in advance for the advice

Ditto as Yermanee & Paul, just get a taxi at the Airport. Easy for your needs with a family.

There is an Airport bus between Ao Nang (150 baht) but it is so infrequent (Runs only 5 times a day) used to be very unreliable timing wise as waits for extra pax.

Obviously not for you, for those that wish to save money travelling without a family they walk the few hundreds meters to the main road, take the songthaew from Big C into town and then another Songthaew from Krabi town to Ao Nang. Can do all for 60-70 baht.

• Like 1

Was there in November. Just show up and pay. It's not scam-ridden like Phuket and the price is around 600 baht for a saloon, bit more for a VIP van if you are a party that obviously needs one (ie no premium if it just happens to be a van next in line). I would only pre-book (and never ever through a hotel, except as a last resort) if I was arriving late or during a public holiday.