Chain Link Fence

Thighlandman

try Global House, i think they open phitsanuluk last year, if not Nakhon Sawan, i have used loads of it to build my dog kennels, its expensive in the local village shops, but its cheap in 100m rolls from Global. Good luck, martin

Is there another CLF in your area?,ask them who did it,if so, have a good look see if they made a good job,for LOS, that is.

Or ask the family,most Thai family's have a builder some where,or know of one.

Ask at your local builders merchants they will know of one, if he has ever done a CLF is a diffrent matter, probaly be a Jack -of -all-trades,never seen a fencer here.

I think a shop that will sell and install a fence will be diffucult to find, not a Thai thing.

Good luck

• Like 1

I know that this doesn't help you find someone to install it, but it might help you get it installed correctly for the intended use. What is the purpose of the fence? If it's going to be used to keep dogs in, the use of a bottom rail or at least a "tension cable" is necessary and not just stretch the fence between poles. Most of the places that sell it, Global House, Home Pro, Home Mart can arrange for someone to install it.

Edited by wayned
  • Like 1

Thai Watsadu Superstores sold me 100 meters of CLF (10 x 2 meters) for 1906 baht per roll. The local boys dug a continuous10-centimeter deep trench and cemented in the bottom two rows of links. The poles (steel--round or square) were spaced 2.5 meters apart.

The only prob we had was where the land wasn't completely flat. This was solved by staggering the height of the individual 10-meter runs by a few centimeters.

Took 2.5 days total and the 'trench-digging" took most of that. A 'RotoTiller' would have come in handy.

Edit--I got quotes from two different 'professional fence installers' and they were approx four and five times more expensive than what it eventually cost me in total. Screw that noise...

Edited by cloghead
  • Like 1

The trench and concrete is a good idea when you want to keep critters in or out. But putting the wire into the cement is only a short term solution. Eventually the wire will rust though and you will either have to install a bottom rail or a "tension" wire through the lower link and somehow stop the rust from continuing to destroy the wire.

• Like 1

Not when the galvanized wire is 100% coated in heavy-duty plastic. No oxidation = no rust

And Fido will have a blast digging a hole under the rail / tension wire...

And exactly how do you 100% coat the welds that the Thais use to secure the chain link fence to the upright poles ?

The problem with chain link here in Thailand is that they don't have the knowledge, or equipment to stretch and secure the mesh so they have to weld it, which means eventually the welds will rust

Umm...you don't. No welding involved. The fence is secured to the posts during stretch (using a spreader bar and come-along) with plastic-coated, stainless steel, industrial strength tie wraps--which will last longer than you or I will be on this earth...

Next question?

Edited by cloghead

Next Q ? . Why did you concrete the bottom rows? why use concrete at all,I use to work on a landscaping firm planting industrial site's ,there where fencing gangs they the whole time puting up CLF , the only concrete was for the posts.

Put in corner posts,+ leners to help take the weigt when straining, posts must be at least 2 foot in the ground with a steel plate for a foot ,av hight there was about 7 foot,put in 3 strands of plain high tensile between the posts, the wire,top middle, bottom, about 6 ins off the ground.

The trick is,you must get the wire tight ,like a bow string,they used ratchet strainer's,to strain the wire, not available in LOS,use eye bolts,drill hole in metal post ,push eye bolt ,though the post ,attach wire to the eye bolt, do up nut ,to tighten the wire,.

Attach CLF by useing short lenths of wire ,tied to high tensile wire ,with a twist in use a bar theaded though the CLF pulled back to an anchor, to get some tension on, while tieing up the wire to the CLF,did see one job Ht wire theaded in and out of the CLF, and twists of wire to fasten the CLF to the HT wire.

I have use the same methord when puting up rabbit fencing,except we use to burry the wire under ground and used small rings to attach the rabbit mesh to the wire .

If Fido gets under that he deserve's a bone,but do what you want if somone wants to get in....... they will.

PS. What is a come -along, a strainer?

A come along is an American term for a small portable winch. MW definition: a small portable winch usually consisting of a cable attached to a hand-operated ratchet Google it is you want a picture.

The problem with chain link here in Thailand is that they don't have the knowledge, or equipment to stretch and secure the mesh

The OP did not ask how he could do it, he asked if there was a company in Phetchabun,Lomsak or Phitsanoluk that could do it, so my answer still stands

A come along is an American term for a small portable winch. MW definition: a small portable winch usually consisting of a cable attached to a hand-operated ratchet Google it is you want a picture.

Thanks for that, you learn someting new everyday .I have seen them in the UK.as a ratchet/strainer.

Yours Regs

KS