Direct debit water bill

kyrre

Does anyone know what day the water bill is deducted from bank account after the bill is left in mailbox 2.2.14 at Jomtien..

Just to be sure at it get paid in time as the PWA told me 4 months to get it active, but the bill comes with no bar code 2 weeks later.

I have had the meter taken 2 times before when changing account to debit from due to they close the old direct debit right away but need 4 month to activate the new account..

regards,

Arild

Cant answer your question

But

It really is back to the days of quill pens with this debacle

Months to set up a direct debit

Endless headaches and jumping through hoops over the most trifling of bills

With a company that tacitly refuses to take a payment on account to cover a few years of forthcoming bills 'because they cant do the administration'

sad.png

It really does take 4 months for the PWA to set up a new direct debit. I could hardly believe it when the PEA did it in a couple of weeks. I'd been paying by direct debit for a year or so and yet still the water meter mysteriously disappeared one morning. I asked the Thai village manager to call them and he had the meter reinstalled that afternoon. Although nobody would admit it to me they had taken the meter by mistake, so to avoid red faces they were showing me what great customer service they provide by putting it back free of charge on the same day. rolleyes.gif

I have direct debit for water and it is usually deducted on the 25-27th of the month, but lately have not been receiving bills in the mailbox so I can't check the meter against their readings

It took two months to get auto debit started with water, vice two week for electric

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies, but to be helpful it has to be with the date of the bill to. As the water meter man read meters all month. I was looking for more like x days after the date on the bill when it was registered. For mine that was 2.2.14

So if any has this i appreciate an answer...

Thanks in advanced..

Look at the bill the meter reader leaves in your mailbox. That will have a date on it, of when the amount will be debited from your bank account

Looking at my past bills it appears that the meter is read on the 11 or 12th of the month and the deduction takes place on the 25 or 26th of the month

• Like 1

I set up a Direct Debit at the end of December. They told me to pay the next two bills. Got the one in January, paid it at 7/11 no problem.

Just got the February bill in and went to 7/11 cannot pay as the bill does not have a bar code! Also it does not have a "pay by" date at the bottom where it used to be.

So I guess I just hang on and see which happens first:

1) The money goes out of the bank.

2) The meter disappears.

3) Both, but in no particular order.

Think I will go the Water office and try and force them to take cash!

Foxed Oink w00t.gif

Edited by Oink

I set up a Direct Debit at the end of December. They told me to pay the next two bills. Got the one in January, paid it at 7/11 no problem.

Just got the February bill in and went to 7/11 cannot pay as the bill does not have a bar code! Also it does not have a "pay by" date at the bottom where it used to be.

So I guess I just hang on and see which happens first:

1) The money goes out of the bank.

2) The meter disappears.

3) Both, but in no particular order.

Think I will go the Water office and try and force them to take cash!

Foxed Oink w00t.gif

If there is no bar code on the bill left by the meter reader then your bill will be deducted from your bank account, Be a little more patient and don't get upset until after the 25th or 26th if the money is not deducted from your bank account, The time frame the water company gives you is the worst case scenario, not carved in stone

• Like 1

We've been paying water and electricity by DD for quite some time, but I seem to recall when we switched they told us to keep paying as long as it was possible, i.e. the bill had a barcode. Once the barcode is gone it means the DD is active, and without the barcode you can't pay it in 7/11.

We've had the electricity meter removed once because we forgot to maintain enough funds in the bank account. Of course it was our own fault but still amazing they wouldn't just knock on the door and get the money instead of sneaking up to remove the meter. Other than that we haven't had any problems with the DD payments, just have to keep in mind the delay between the bill and the charge, in our case usually around 2 weeks.

As a poster said above, setting up the direct debits is a right pain in the butt ...

Once it's done and everything kicks in it works fine.

Our water meter is read on the 6th of the month, and the bank cuts on the 27th of the month

Our Electric meter is read on the 20th of the month, and the bank cuts on the 11th of the following month

or thereabouts

There is a 5 baht charge and a 10 baht charge, can't remember which is which.

This is in Pattaya.

Cheers