Did PM Yingluck mix up her ballot boxes?

webfact

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have for very obvious reasons never seen a ballotbox in Thailand, but I saw on Michael Yons facebook wall an image suggesting that she infact did put in the right box and that the tags are wrong (or photoshopped) - the image I saw was showing the lower part of the box too, and there was a transparent area - in that You can clearly see that the ballot she stands with is the same as the ones inside the box...

If a ballot box don't have a transparent area in front, then the image would be tampered with for the reason to clear her from this one, if there are - then in my mind the images cropped in this way is produced to make her look a lot more stupid than she is... Fun but a bit unfair...

Ahhh .... Nice Conspiracy Theory ..giggle.gif .... BUT ...

QUOTE "

Yingluck said she had dropped her ballot papers in the wrong boxes on the advice of an election official and she informed the Election Commission after realising the mistake." ........................... coffee1.gif

Who cares? The intention is clear and votes should count. Unless it is a banana republic of course. Besidesyou may expect from polling officials that they tell in which box which ballot belongs. The EC seem to be unable to instruct the people working there at all. So the Apple falls very close to the tree.

Give her a break. She probably didn't read the signs on the boxes because her face is pointed toward the cameras.

It's funny, but no big deal. Just take a look at other politician gaffes, George W Bush, Burlesconi, Ford, I mean it's not a new kind of thing. Stupid things happen to every politician, some more than others.

Actually this was the one most important thing to do right that whole day.

And she fluffed it.

I don't understand about the ballot boxes. Are there separate ballot boxes for PTP, Democratic Party, Liberal Party, etc?

If that is the system, then it is very clear who had been voted by the people everytime voters drop their ballot.

Why didn't Yoda tell her instead of just standing there?

<snip pic>

Because Yingluck is more important. You can't tell more important people what to do. They always know better.

But in this case, Yingluck asked her and she told Yingluck which box to put her ballot in. It's on film.

I never knew before, that they had 'Candid Camera', here in Thailand ? rolleyes.gif

OK,.. I'm going to be honest now.

I think we should just forgive Yingluck everything and keep her on as PM.

I miss seeing her pic in the news. That lovely and sweet smiling face which is a far sight better than all the other ugly shots of Suthep and all the other ugly adversaries.

She was interesting and kind of sweet and entertaining. It was fun commenting on her shopping sprees and absences from parliament.

I don't think she meant any real harm. Come on Thailand,... let's welcome her back with open arms and just put an end to all of this aggressive nonsense ;-)

Sigh!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I don't understand about the ballot boxes. Are there separate ballot boxes for PTP, Democratic Party, Liberal Party, etc?

If that is the system, then it is very clear who had been voted by the people everytime voters drop their ballot.

So read the op.

It doesn't matter, which box you drop, vote is valid

Well, as long as she is regularly invited at Foreign Embassies as the US, her communication skills are pretty okay. and her intellgence, and her educated behavior. One thing for sure; Suthep will never ever be invited at the US Ambassdor's Residence. 100% certain.

I once --in the early hours of the morning, after a night debauchery-- puked on the lawn of the neighbour’s mansion. A fortnight later, having entirely forgotten about the rather unsavoury event, the gentleman approached me and invited me to his mansion for Sunday afternoon tea. After some small talk, the conversation suddenly turned when he said: 'So word has it, you're branching out into the fertiliser trade.' 'Do I?', I relied with a sense of surprise. The awkward silence that followed and the stale after-taste of the apple crumble that lingered in my mouth, which nobody else seemed to have touched, all of a sudden made me realise what the entire purpose of this invitation was.

Edited by Morakot

I'm not really sure the BrownShirts grasping of this wrong ballot box straw offsets Suthep's Insurrection and Treason charges. And I'm still waiting to hear about the promised reforms that will magically rid Thailand of corruption.

(And who will install the "Council", and who will watch the council, etc etc etc. )

When you ask the PDRC supporters, thay have no idea whatsoever what the plans are. Talk about sheeple.

BKK Post story confirms that Yingluck was wrongly instructed by the EC officers. Moreover, there were already ballots of the same colour that Yingluck put in the box in that same box - so there was no reason for her to doubt the instructions. It seems they were instructing everyone wrongly. Probably mislabelled the boxes. So the story isn't really so funny regards Yingluck's purported stupidity, but more worrying as EC officers should be able to get basic things like properly labelling boxes correct.

In Thailand you vote for candidates in your constituency, but since some of the MPs are elected by party list, you also vote for a party so these seats can be filled. I guess each is on its own ballot. Don't see why they can't both be on one piece of paper, but this is Thailand: it doesn't need to make sense.

• Like 2

I'm not really sure the BrownShirts grasping of this wrong ballot box straw offsets Suthep's Insurrection and Treason charges. And I'm still waiting to hear about the promised reforms that will magically rid Thailand of corruption.

(And who will install the "Council", and who will watch the council, etc etc etc. )

When you ask the PDRC supporters, thay have no idea whatsoever what the plans are. Talk about sheeple.

Well - se that is part of the whole idea... Suthep is kind of leading a protest against the ruling governments misuse of power (or attempt)... Their open corruption, and he set out to bring reforms to Thailands democracy system... Realizing that it might have some flaws...

Suthep do NOT create the reforms... He suggest a reform comity do that - probably thinking that he is a good speaker, and skilled at making a statement clear and make peoples uprise against the system as it is now - but not really a great reformator... I do not know I never spoke to the guy...

But... what You will be left with is that : as long as there are no reform comity - there are no reforms, and there are not even an open outline to reforms as there are no comity to outline...

It is suggested from the democratic movement that the comity should be assembled from scholars and politicians who are not KNOWN to have any corruption issues - hence Suthep will not be on THAT payrole...

I hope that You are now somewhat enlightend ?

So read the op.

It doesn't matter, which box you drop, vote is valid

I'll try since Mr. Grumpy isn't very helpful.

The 2 separate boxes aren't for the different parties. One is for a constituency vote and one is a party-list vote.

Additional info to expand on the different votes:

The House of Representatives consists of 480 members, of which 400 is directly elected through the first past the post system in which each member represents one "constituency". The other 80 is elected through "proportional representation", in which the voter first casts a vote for his or her constituency MP and then a second vote for party preference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_Thailand

I found a link, it seems they tagged or placed the boxes wrong, not really Yinglacks fault

Voting Yinglack

blink.pnghuh.png

Could you share the exact quote from your link that says that?

SURE...

Says what ?? blink.png

That the EC "tagged or placed the boxes wrong".

I don't see that anywhere in your linked article.

No You did not, I did not write the article, I only link to a picture showing the full box... That I found by using Google, and then I put my oppinion that the guys who tagged the box somewhet made a wrong decision... I do not see that Yinglack can be blamed in any other way than not reading every letter on the box and say : I am NOT going to put it in that box before You switch the tags...

And well as a person with a lot of media attention You really do want to avoid scenes... I am sure about that... unfortunately for her - someone (totally innocent of cause) decided to post a cropped version of the picture... So the story got a tiny bit more funny...

Why didn't Yoda tell her instead of just standing there?

30225879-01_big.jpg

Is that a "Reform before Election" shirt that the girl is wearing?

You can see the worker staring at the ballot while she was putting it into the box. What the hell is she thinking, and how can the PM see what box it is the writing is on the front and she is behind it.