Driver Takes Wrong Turn, Gets Shot Near PCAD Rally

Lite Beer

Driver Takes Wrong Turn, Gets Shot Near PCAD Rally

By Khaosod English.

13914102671391410597l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The police have advised motorists to stay clear of anti-government rally sites after one driver had been reportedly shot for approaching one of their campsites.

The incident took place on Thai-Japan Bridge in front of Wat Hua Lamphon Temple at around 22.00 last night, the police said in a statement, near a protest campsite maintained by the People′s Committee For Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD).

Mr. Praphan Promvisit, 33, said he was driving home from Samyan market when he took the wrong turn by entering the Thai-Japan Bridge, as he was unaware that the bridge has been occupied by PCAD guards. Several other motorists also reportedly followed his lead onto the bridge, thinking the bridge was open to traffic.

Mr. Praphan later ran into a "bunker" manned by PCAD militants in the middle of the bridge, so he rolled down his window and gestured at other drivers to back up their vehicles.

However, three shots were fired from the direction of the bunker shortly afterwards, according to Mr. Praphan. The bullets slammed into the car′s window shield, with one of them grazing Mr. Praphan′s ear, narrowly missing his face by an inch.

The man was later transported to a nearby hospital to treat his injury.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1UUXhNREkyTnc9PQ==&sectionid=TURFd01BPT0=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-02-03

• Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why are armed militias from Suthep allowed to shoot people in Bangkok at will every day?

Get this militia off the streets - NOW!

They've been shot at, grenaded and RPG'd over the past few weeks. If the police are unwilling to protect them from violence then taking up arms is a reasonable course of action. Obviously shooting at an unarmed vehicle without provocation is unreasonable but it certainly is understandable.

• Like 2

The movie Downfall comes to mind. The paranoia that characterizes PCAD is scary. They see enemies everywhere. Whether it is imaginary Cambodian mercenaries, or secret agents descending from non existent helicopters, or police snipers disguised as window cleaners and now this.

Who the F are PCAD to shoot at motorists? Seriously, when did they become judge, jury and executioner? Wasn't Chalerm going to have this guy and his gang of nutters arrested by now? Why doesn't Chalerm and his so called public security agency get off their posteriors and go and protect innocent people and either disarm these violent lunatics or arrest them? That's the bloody idiocy in all this. Armed idiots shooting at people and the people who are responsible for public safety sitting by with their thumbs inserted up their posteriors.

I think that the police are too scared to do anything, just in case they take on more than they can chew.

sotsira, on 03 Feb 2014 - 14:25, said:
Costas2008, on 03 Feb 2014 - 14:16, said:

What does the picture got to do with the article?

That is the site where the incident took place on Thai-Japan Bridge in front of Wat Hua Lamphon Temple.

What the chickens?

Must be red supporters in disguiserolleyes.gif

It is impossible to take a "wrong turn" onto this bridge. It is closed by cones and metal barriers that would need to be physically moved as a car cannot get through. I know as I look down on it from my office in Chamchuri Square, and drive past it every day. More to this story I feel.

There might be. However, before the business about "red" Khao Sod fabricating stories starts, I'd like to point out it was reported by other media people, including Nation journalist Noppatjak.

Richard Barrow @RichardBarrow 14h

Motorist who was injured when his car was shot at on the Thai-Japanese Bridge near Chamchuri Square (Pic @noppatjak)

Bfe4jIMCIAApUWe.jpg

tukky_nt @tukky_nt 14h

A woman injured in one of the cars shot on Thai-Japanese Brdg; not far fr PDRC stage at Lumpini Park via @noppatjak pic.twitter.com/AMFh2lbT0i

tukky_nt @tukky_nt

11.17pm: At least three cars were shot on Thai-Japanese Bridge near Chamchuree Square, Samyan via @noppatjak pic.twitter.com/Wh6I5OgBkl

Edited by Emptyset
  • Like 1

Why are armed militias from Suthep allowed to shoot people in Bangkok at will every day?

They've been shot at, grenaded and RPG'd over the past few weeks. If the police are unwilling to protect them from violence then taking up arms is a reasonable course of action. Obviously shooting at an unarmed vehicle without provocation is unreasonable but it certainly is understandable.

------------------------------

I understand their paranoia as a number of shots have been fired and grenades and home made bombs have been thrown at protesters from that very bridge.

But in the interests of truth,, no RPG rounds have ever been fired at them ..... at least not yet.

I thought they said all the time that they are peaceful and only fight with bare hands? Now, they are going round shooting. Will I think they deserved to be shot when people fight back intimidation, threats and violation of rights. I think it is certainly understandable.

Edited by icommunity

I live in near the bridge.

In the day time, it is manned by a person with walkie talkie.

The barrier is light (usually a park bench plus plastic strings), and easily removed (or temporary moved) to allow ambulance or one of their own vip vehical to pass.

Sometime no body is around, especially at night time.

I am not surprise if the driver open up to try his luck. At worst, just revise back.

• Like 1

A bridge that is blocked with cones and barriers and somebody "just took a wrong turn". Give me a break! Propaganda at it's best! facepalm.gif

Learn to read, then come back.

It clearly says SEVERAL (which means more than one) motorists took a wrong turn thinking the bridge was open. It was open and closed several times during the past days so its clear to see how someone might drive into it thinking it is currently open.

Your attempt to defend Suthep's militia shooting at people in Bangkok at their own free will is nothing short of disgusting.

This is nonsense. This bridge has been firmly closed since January 13th. I'll try to post a pic later. The "bunker" is 200 meters away. A fine shot from there.

Why did i read the exact same article this morning here. It said exactly the same only it was on the thai~belgian bridge. Even the mans ear was shot

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thai~Belgian bridge was a mistake. It is Thai~Japan bridge.

The guy came from Samyan (not from Klongtoey).