Bangkok: Anti-government protesters besiege defense permanent secretary’s office

webfact

Anti-government protesters besiege defense permanent secretary’s office

defense-office-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Hundreds of anti-government protesters besieged the office of the permanent-secretary for defense Gen Nipat Thonglek after hearing it is used for the caretaker prime minister to hold meeting.

The protesters of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) arrived at the office at Muangthong Thanee before noon and blocked all entrances to the compound.

Soldiers guarding the compound set up barbed wire barricade to prevent protesters to storm inside.

Hundreds of protesters led by the People’s Democratic Reform Committee besieged the Office of the Permanent Secretary for Defense Ministry Monday to force the caretaker government from using it as an office.

Their leaders who included Chumpol Julasai lashed out at the permanent secretary for allowing the caretaker government to use its office to work and demanded that they be ousted.

The 500 protesters are gathering in front, waiting for their colleagues from state enterprise unions to join.

Meanwhile, the Center for the Maintaining of Peace and Order said it has ordered the police to make arrest all leaders who are urging protesters to encircle the compound.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/anti-government-protesters-besiege-defense-permanent-secretarys-office/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-03

", the Center for the Maintaining of Peace and Order said it has ordered the police to make arrest all leaders who are urging protesters to encircle the compound."

Yes, well there we have it then. Arrests imminent, Suthep and his evil, vicious, gang of lawless, undemocratic, fascist thugs will soon be behind bars instead of drinking in them. Go BIB, Bangkok awaits with bated breath.thumbsup.gif

post-9891-0-15304200-1391419230_thumb.jprolleyes.gif

• Like 1

If the protesters ever give up I wonder if the government will miss them as they will have no one to blame for everything.

Chalerm will have to go back to the exciting world of the labour ministry and find reasons to make statements to the press.

What of Tarit ? He'll have to find new people to threaten and, heaven forbid, he may be reduced to investigating outstanding cases like a fugitive ex-monk and the luxury car scam plus the others that went on indefinite hold. No, somehow that's never likely to happen

• Like 2

Again? Wow, Chalerm is very busy arresting protest leaders again. Whenever can the poor guy find some time to drink a case of scotch? How many of those leaders did he put behind bars already the past months? Can't someone take over from him for a while? Tarit perhaps?

Why not find enough police and soldier so surround the protests sites and cut off all supplies? Use the same 'peaceful' strategy.

because a good share of the police sympathize with the protesters. A majority is just lazy and would sit there and don't care, or go on sick leave.

Soldiers are majority would rather joint them than surround them.

Chalerm: his son was seen by several people shooting a policeman, unfortunately they weren't sure later on even they were in the same place. The army kicked his son out.

Sure that doesn't make the Chalerm an hero of the police.

When the PPP came into power, Chalerm forced the army to restore his son into service, again. So I think he is equal popular with the army.

• Like 1

", the Center for the Maintaining of Peace and Order said it has ordered the police to make arrest all leaders who are urging protesters to encircle the compound."

Yes, well there we have it then. Arrests imminent, Suthep and his evil, vicious, gang of lawless, undemocratic, fascist thugs will soon be behind bars instead of drinking in them. Go BIB, Bangkok awaits with bated breath.thumbsup.gif

Good, glad we agree that lawbreakers should be subject arrest.

Oh <deleted> give it up. Go home, move on, it's a failed strategy.

What doesFFS stand for???

And why go home? I'm home already!?!?

Like I told you in another post, it's obvious that English is not your mother tongue so I suggest you go and study a bit more.

A month ago it was (supposedly) millions. Then it was thousands. Now, it's hundreds. Give it a week or so and it'll be dozens. Suthep's support is melting like snow off a dyke.

The whole aim was to push the army to stage a coup - but army doesn't trust itself to move and the game is up and everyone knows it.

I have a suggestion for those who want to see the back of the Shinawatras. Why not organize a decent political campaign and win at the polls? If they don't know how to do it - hire in an expert. Ken Mehlman, Stephanie Cutter, Steve Hildebrand...whoever. All of them political guns for hire who - in their sleep - could come up with a campaign strategy that would almost wipe the corrupt and incompetent PTP off the political map.

But the DP and the Establishment don't think they have to play by the rule of the ballot box - they'd rather resort to putting mobs on the street. Stupid, because it would be cheaper and far more effective in the long run to do things by the book.

T

• Like 1

Oh <deleted> give it up. Go home, move on, it's a failed strategy.

What doesFFS stand for???

And why go home? I'm home already!?!?

Like I told you in another post, it's obvious that English is not your mother tongue so I suggest you go and study a bit more.

So you think if one is not native English, he should study more, I think you are really low educated and I am sure you speak read or write only one language , or I could be wrong, maybe you have notices of bar-Thai also.....

• Like 1