Friend's PCX 125 has bent frame.

BSJ

I have a friend that doesn't know much about mechanical things and not long ago he was involved in an accident. The two things don't mean much to anyone else but the guy asked me about his scooter not riding right after he got it back. I took it for a ride and it's obviously not right. I loosened my grip on the handlebars and the thing shot into the left lane!

My question is: Can he have the frame straightened by someone competent in Chonburi....or Bangkok....or do I recommend to him to just get a new frame fitted?

Over to you.

BSJ,

Your friend can check by holding the bike straight and pushing the bike slowly through a wet patch. The wet trace left should be no wider than the trace left by the rear tire if it is the frame is bent.

More likely the forks or the bracket to which the forks are attached is bent.

Hi folks, thanks for the replies.

NJ, we went together to Mityon and their...I am hesitant to say mechanic...guy took it for a ride and came back saying it rode perfectly! That's what your dealing with!

VN, there is a chance your right. But the chrome trim ring under the handle bar risers looks about 15mm right of where it should be.

Normally the chrome ring is in line with the speedo.