Car Battery Price Pattaya

gmac

Where in that article is even the word De-ionised water mentioned ?

It's not. The "article" is a battery maintenance guide published by one of the largest battery manufacturers in the US and and while it makes no mention of deionized water, it does recommend using distilled water.

Distilled (demineralized) water is what should be used to top-off lead-acid batteries.

It's not. The "article" is a battery maintenance guide published by one of the largest battery manufacturers in the US and and while it makes no mention of deionized water, it does recommend using distilled water.

Distilled (demineralized) water is what should be used to top-off lead-acid batteries.

So because this particular company by coincidence doesn't mention that de-ionized water can be used to top up, while most other battery companies indeed give it as an option, it is a definite no go ?

Ok, got it whistling.gif

Lucky they don't recommend a particular brand of distilled water, otherwise there would be a problem in the world.facepalm.gif

So because this particular company by coincidence doesn't mention that de-ionized water can be used to top up, while most other battery companies indeed give it as an option, it is a definite no go ?

Ok, got it whistling.gif

Lucky they don't recommend a particular brand of distilled water, otherwise there would be a problem in the world.facepalm.gif

You posted a link to comments on a board, not to a battery manufacturer's recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You posted a link to comments on a board, not to a battery manufacturer's recommendations.

This was the link I posted

http://www.tayna.co.uk/tutorials/caring-for-your-battery.php

This information has been published on the website to help our customers get the maximum service life and performance from their batteries. This information will help our customers get the most from their battery and keep it in optimum health. By following the guide below, the only way your battery will fail is from old age, a manufacturing fault or from physical damage.

And it seems those guys know something about batteries

About Tayna Batteries

Thank you for your interest in Tayna battery sales. We are here to offer you the highest quality products at the lowest prices. With over fifty years of direct family involvement in the battery trade, we are more than confident that our promise to you will be honoured.

http://www.tayna.co.uk/about.htm

Edited by JesseFrank

I clicked that link, and I did not see anything about DI water.

Where do you buy DI water anyway, I never see it anywhere.

From the link I posted

If you need to top up the battery levels, make sure you only use de-ionised water. Using tap water will cause mineral build up on the plates and reduce the performance of the battery.

De-ionised water at most car part shops I guess. It's normally pink colored.

Edited by JesseFrank

From the link I posted

If you need to top up the battery levels, make sure you only use de-ionised water. Using tap water will cause mineral build up on the plates and reduce the performance of the battery.

Can you link to the statement above?

DI water is clear.

From the link I posted

DI water is clear.

Sorry I don't have website links for local car part shops along Sukhumvit. Sorry to disappoint you.

If i say you're right, which you are not, will you go away ?

2. Check the electrolyte levels in your battery

Most batteries these days are the sealed, maintenance-free type, but there are still a few open vent batteries on the market. If you have one of these you should always check the battery levels before touring. The level of the electrolyte should be just above the battery plates, ensuring the whole plate is submerged. Any part of the plate, which is not submerged, is prone to break down. This in turn will decrease the performance of the battery.

For those of you with sealed, maintenance-free batteries this is not a concern, as they are designed to retain their electrolyte under normal conditions. The only way these batteries will have low electrolyte levels is if the battery is overcharged or a particular cell becomes faulty, causing over heating.

Edited by JesseFrank

From the link I posted

DI water is clear.

Sorry I don't have website links for local car part shops along Sukhumvit. Sorry to disappoint you.

Most batteries these days are the sealed, maintenance-free type, but there are still a few open vent batteries on the market. If you have one of these you should always check the battery levels before touring. The level of the electrolyte should be just above the battery plates, ensuring the whole plate is submerged. Any part of the plate, which is not submerged, is prone to break down. This in turn will decrease the performance of the battery.

For those of you with sealed, maintenance-free batteries this is not a concern, as they are designed to retain their electrolyte under normal conditions. The only way these batteries will have low electrolyte levels is if the battery is overcharged or a particular cell becomes faulty, causing over heating.

No, I'll concede DI water is okay, I didn't think so at first, but after a little research I agree. The last couple of posts I was just playing with you...

That said I would not use the pink stuff on a bet. I am not sure what is, but it is just a gimmick of some kind. DI water is clear, as is distilled water.

I have always used distilled water and it is readily available and easy to distill yourself if you can't find it. I don't know where to get DI water, but I think the equipment to generate it is a little pricy. I think spot-free car washes used DI water for the rinse.

Most batteries here don't last long enough for it to make much of a difference either way.

From the link I posted

DI water is clear.

No, I'll concede DI water is okay, I didn't think so at first, but after a little research I agree. The last couple of posts I was just playing with you...

That said I would not use the pink stuff on a bet. I am not sure what is, but it is just a gimmick of some kind. DI water is clear, as is distilled water.

I have always used distilled water and it is readily available and easy to distill yourself if you can't find it. I don't know where to get DI water, but I think the equipment to generate it is a little pricy. I think spot-free car washes used DI water for the rinse.

Most batteries here don't last long enough for it to make much of a difference either way.

Yep...and all battery shops and auto sections of the big box stores sell deionized or distilled (don't know which it is) water in plastic bottles in either clear or pink (again don't know what's the diff) for one's car battery. And like you say, no need to buy fancy here as they're replaced every three years or so anyway.

• 1 month later...

Slightly off topic... where can I purchase a go - Kart battery (12v 9a) in Pattaya?

Any help would be much appreciated

If that's a standard motorbike size or similar, any of the motorbike shops would have them. Also, there are a few auto parts stores in a row in the west side if Sukhumvit just after the Esso gas station near South Pattaya Road.

The pink stuff in the bottles is an electrolyte solution I believe and from what I can understand it's designed for when you have an older battery that you forgot to top-up and which dies on you. Because it's older, using distilled water to top up won't bring it back from the dead and it won't hold much of a charge. Get a jump start, go buy some of the pink stuff and top up with that and your battery will keep going for a while. One of the pink stuff brands is called "Revive".

• 4 months later...

Am just in for a new car battery .
My last experience with the " maintenance free " battery I bought was very sad , got a new one on warranty after 6 months and now this one has also gone after

about 5 months .

( I dont use my car much which doesn't help I suppose .)

Seems they dont give a second battery with a warranty .

Anyone bought a maintenance type battery recently for a 2 litre German car ?

Would be keen to know the make , price and the shop in Pattaya or Jomtien that you recommend .

Thanks,

Jack.

After 2 "Toyota" batteries that lasted exactly 2 years my Boliden silver cadmium is now 3 years old and seems OK though the voltage has dropped to 12.6. They advertise 40% longer life for "your" usage which it has done.........thumbsup.gif

After 2 "Toyota" batteries that lasted exactly 2 years my Boliden silver cadmium is now 3 years old and seems OK though the voltage has dropped to 12.6. They advertise 40% longer life for "your" usage which it has done.........thumbsup.gif

That shows that Toyota must have the worst batteries from any manufacturer. I had a Yaris battery that failed me after 2 years, I was in Ubon when it failed by the way, but my Nissan battery lasted +3 years and my ex girlfriend Mazda battery lasted almost 4 years.

So anything will last 40% longer than a standard Toyota battery.

That shows that Toyota must have the worst batteries from any manufacturer. I had a Yaris battery that failed me after 2 years, I was in Ubon when it failed by the way, but my Nissan battery lasted +3 years and my ex girlfriend Mazda battery lasted almost 4 years.

So anything will last 40% longer than a standard Toyota battery.

We did have a poll here once regarding battery longevity and the winner was 2 years..smile.png

In my case for sure it is related to the rides usage, daily short trips with lots of starting. sad.png

PS. I made a mistake, it's silver calcium not cadmium (rolleyes.gif ).

Edited by transam

• 4 weeks later...

I just replaced the one for my Honda City at the new dealership near the Ambassador. I think it was 1800B. Got a free espresso and car wash. In and out in 45 minutes. Great service and nice, new dealership.

I (now) use one of the other new dealerships near the Ambassador and am delighted to finally be rid of the a*swipe dealers in Pattaya. They wont be seeing me again in this lifetime.

My place near the Ambassador also gives a free car wash with every visit (actually a lot better wash than the ones I pay 180B for in town). Good, quick and polite service but the coffee there is only instant. sad.png

Anyone know if these places (near Ambassador) handle (old) Toyotas?

I just replaced the one for my Honda City at the new dealership near the Ambassador. I think it was 1800B. Got a free espresso and car wash. In and out in 45 minutes. Great service and nice, new dealership.

I (now) use one of the other new dealerships near the Ambassador and am delighted to finally be rid of the a*swipe dealers in Pattaya. They wont be seeing me again in this lifetime.

My place near the Ambassador also gives a free car wash with every visit (actually a lot better wash than the ones I pay 180B for in town). Good, quick and polite service but the coffee there is only instant. sad.png

Anyone know if these places (near Ambassador) handle (old) Toyotas?

There's a brand new Toyota dealer opening up just South of the floating market. Should be open shortly!