Pheu Thai Party blasts anti-election movement

Lite Beer

By Digital Content

13915153651144-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 4 – The ruling Pheu Thai Party today condemned an unconstitutional movement for trying to destroy Thailand’s democratic system and obstruct people from exercising their voting rights.

Pheu Thai leader Charupong Ruangsuwan, concurrently caretaker interior minister, issued a statement, saying it is a regret that the anti-democracy group would not give up damaging the democratic process and denying the people’s rights to vote - a dictatorial manoeuvring with the cooperation of several factions.

He said the anarchist group has occupied Bangkok and disrupted the general election with the objectives of destroying the government and political parties who have earned the majority of votes, and may eventually lead to a coup, he said.

They are working with constitutional agencies whose executives were involved in the 2006 coup to destroy the Pheu Thai Party, he said, adding that the movement claims to need only 2-4 months to reach its goal.

That’s why they obstructed the elections, created unrest, intimidated the government, state agencies, private organisations and the general public, he said.

He said the group has been trying to appoint a non-elected prime minister.

The movement, he added, wants to invalidate the Sunday’s election and seek the Constitution Court’s ruling to dissolve the Pheu Thai Party by claiming that the election was a breach of Section 68 of the Constitution.

Democrat spokesman Chavanond Indarakomalyasut said the party would lodge a complaint with the Constitution Court today against the general election, which he claimed was held against imposition in Section 68 of the Constitution.

Indicating that the election was organised undemocratically, he said the party would seek the court’s verdict to dissolve the Pheu Thai Party and suspend party executives’ political rights.

He said the government had exploited the Emergency Decree for its benefit,while several Pheu Thai executives who hold portfolios in the caretaker Cabinet have acted in defiance of the Election Law and press freedom.

The Democrat Party will also seek to remove caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and her Cabinet. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-04

The judicial coup is coming.

where Sutheps shenanigans have failed dismally the Ruling Elite will now use their judicial arm to destroy democracy again and hand illegitimate power to Abishit once again.

The wheels of Thai politics revolve full circle again.

Millions of Thais are quite happy with the judicial process. At least it keeps the Shin clan in check.

• Like 2

Democrat spokesman Chavanond Indarakomalyasut said the party would lodge a complaint with the Constitution Court today against the general election, which he claimed was held against imposition in Section 68 of the Constitution.

At least one side recognises the Constitutional Court! giggle.gif

I notice the PTP don't say they blast the "anti democracy movement" Elections are, but one principle of democracy. Of course they stand by THAT principle. It allows them to abuse every other principle.

The DEMS believe that democracy begins post ballot box.

PTP believe that is where democracy ends. Thus why the Mandela of the East is protesting.

20/20 vision in hindsight is perfect. Suthep is looking at the future. A future clouded by a regime that brainwash their gullible supporters.

I pity those supporters. I really wish I could help them, but alas I am but one man.

I also wanted to help Jeff Savage and Connor Purcell too when they turned to the dark side.

God bless those misguided souls. I hope they are out of jail now in their home countries and have seen the error of their ways.

They too need our support.

Ever see a fanatical farang DEM supporter arrested and deported for threatening to burn down Central World as Jeff did ( 1 hour before Central world burnt down)

Nahh, didn't think so.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

where Sutheps shenanigans have failed dismally the Ruling Elite will now use their judicial arm to destroy democracy again and hand illegitimate power to Abishit once again.

Millions of Thais are quite happy with the judicial process. At least it keeps the Shin clan in check.

This is not a very good statement, its crap and corrupt but at least it serves the purpose you and some agree with ? if the law was upheld and applied equally and without bias I would agree, but its not and it dosn't....

The judicial system is as corrupt as all the rest.... fact just by looking who gets a sentence and who gets let off... when a poor farmer picking mushrooms gets 10 years and a rich bugger thieving land gets zip thats a failed system.

Yes, corruption is rampant here. But if the current government respected the law, we wouldn't be in this mess. They keep talking about voting being important for a democracy, but respect for the law is even more important. Without that, voting means nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy

No consensus exists on how to define democracy, but equality, freedom and rule of law have been identified as important characteristics since ancient times
  • Like 2

The PTP will blast anyone that stands in its way to dictatorial rule. They have a whole terrorist wing that will intimidate ANY opposition. The terrorist wing have principles. Principle #3 is Non violence to achieve their means yet they threaten violence at every opportunity. So much for principles being adhered too. The only one they adhere too its elections and that is so they abuse the other principles like principle #3. of the UDD.

How many charges does Suthep have against him now? He is pretty unpopular. He really is a terrorist which I don't deny. He is also striving for equality for all. He wanted all voices to be heard. He wanted all principles of democracy adhered too. He wanted equal protection under the law.

Between 1961 and 1963 there were 193 terrorist charges against a man in Africa. He was pretty unpopular. He strived for equality for all. He wanted all voices to be heard. He wanted all principles of democracy to be adhered too. He wanted equal protection under the law. He was eventually caught and jailed for 27 years. This man was on the US terrorist watch list until 2008.

I know Hitlers opponents were demonized in the 1930's and 40's. I am sure Mugabe's opponents where demonized. Chavez as well. People that can see a bleak oppressive future and want to change it are demonized. People that support a bleak oppressive future are UDD supporters.

Don't agree with me? Well that's fine. In a democracy we can all have different view points. I won't adopt the PTP view of the opposition as per the words of deputy PM Plodprasop "You are all garbage and I will have you all arrested" What a swell form of democracy that is and it is worth fighting to stop that form from spreading like a cancer.

Suthep - The Nelson Mandela of the East.

You're joking right? Suthep is the epitome of corruption and is only doing this popularity stunt to keep himself out of prison. Did he start these protests? No, he hijacked the 'anti-corruption protests' like a bank robber hiding amongst the hostages and changed the agenda to focus on the Shinawatra's and an 'anti-government' agenda, oh with of course himself filling the void.

Edited by bigbadbarnsy

The PTP will blast anyone that stands in its way to dictatorial rule. They have a whole terrorist wing that will intimidate ANY opposition. The terrorist wing have principles. Principle #3 is Non violence to achieve their means yet they threaten violence at every opportunity. So much for principles being adhered too. The only one they adhere too its elections and that is so they abuse the other principles like principle #3. of the UDD.

How many charges does Suthep have against him now? He is pretty unpopular. He really is a terrorist which I don't deny. He is also striving for equality for all. He wanted all voices to be heard. He wanted all principles of democracy adhered too. He wanted equal protection under the law.

Between 1961 and 1963 there were 193 terrorist charges against a man in Africa. He was pretty unpopular. He strived for equality for all. He wanted all voices to be heard. He wanted all principles of democracy to be adhered too. He wanted equal protection under the law. He was eventually caught and jailed for 27 years. This man was on the US terrorist watch list until 2008.

I know Hitlers opponents were demonized in the 1930's and 40's. I am sure Mugabe's opponents where demonized. Chavez as well. People that can see a bleak oppressive future and want to change it are demonized. People that support a bleak oppressive future are UDD supporters.

Don't agree with me? Well that's fine. In a democracy we can all have different view points. I won't adopt the PTP view of the opposition as per the words of deputy PM Plodprasop "You are all garbage and I will have you all arrested" What a swell form of democracy that is and it is worth fighting to stop that form from spreading like a cancer.

You're joking right? Suthep is the epitome of corruption and is only doing this popularity stunt to keep himself out of prison. Did he start these protests? No, he hijacked the 'anti-corruption protests' like a bank robber hiding amongst the hostages and changed the agenda to focus on the Shinawatra's.

I would think that anti - corruption and anti - Shinawatra concerns one and the same agenda.

• Like 1

They are working with constitutional agencies whose executives were involved in the 2006 coup to destroy the Pheu Thai Party, he said, adding that the movement claims to need only 2-4 months to reach its goal.

it's a shame that they didn't succeeded in their goal in 2006 and have to continue now, but to answer the claim about the 2 -4 months needed, they need actually till the 10th of May only.

What gets triggered on 10th May?

Just to muddy the waters, there's a senate election due in March too.

I thought the first crunch date coming up is the convocation of the National Assembly 30 days after a general election.

You're joking right? Suthep is the epitome of corruption and is only doing this popularity stunt to keep himself out of prison. Did he start these protests? No, he hijacked the 'anti-corruption protests' like a bank robber hiding amongst the hostages and changed the agenda to focus on the Shinawatra's.

I wish I was joking my dear friend.

Fanatical groups have fanatical supporters. Jeff and Conor are but a product of the group. They were magnetized to it like terrorists to Al Quad-a. Or in this case, like a UDD supporter to Thaksin.

it's a shame that they didn't succeeded in their goal in 2006 and have to continue now, but to answer the claim about the 2 -4 months needed, they need actually till the 10th of May only.

I thought the first crunch date coming up is the convocation of the National Assembly 30 days after a general election.

10th of May the 180 day expires that the amnesty bill was sent for Royal approval, and will be sent back to the lower house, which can approve it without any further readings.

• Like 2

Comparing Suthep to Mandela? That's a joke Thais may laugh at but will probably get you lined up against a wall and shot in SA. They revere Mandela there. Anyway, seriously, man was always a thug and now a failed thug.

Re judicial coup I doubt the kangaroo courts will try mischief this time because they need the generals covering their backs or they are dead men they know, and the brass has been pretty quiet recently. I don't think they particularly relish the prospect of refereeing a civil war.

Edited by The Dancer
  • Like 1

i fear you are right... sad.png the Ruling Elite Ammart will do anything to cling onto power and their time WILL come but it will be a decade or more of 'clinging on' and the 'waking up' of the Thai people

paradigm shift takes years

10th of May the 180 day expires that the amnesty bill was sent for Royal approval, and will be sent back to the lower house, which can approve it without any further readings.

Correct. Though if not royally approved the next government can absolve the bill without any opposition. IF royally approved then it cannot be absolved without opposition. I am looking forward to seeing where this goes.

The way the PTP are going though future elections will be inconsequential. Especially with a trend of only a 45% voter turn out (EXLUDING the voters turned away from polls because of protests and the million other excuses that the supporters of one principle of democracy came up with) compared to 75% in 2011.

The PTP can smell defeat. They will do anything to ensure elections in the future are inconsequential.

how dare you muddy Mandela's greatness - Suthep? cheesy.gif

more like the Mugabe of the East

Correct. Though if not royally approved the next government can absolve the bill without any opposition. IF royally approved then it cannot be absolved without opposition. I am looking forward to seeing where this goes.

The way the PTP are going though future elections will be inconsequential. Especially with a trend of only a 45% voter turn out (EXLUDING the voters turned away from polls because of protests and the million other excuses that the supporters of one principle of democracy came up with) compared to 75% in 2011.

The PTP can smell defeat. They will do anything to ensure elections in the future are inconsequential.

If not Royally approved the government that issued the bill can still approve the bill in a single lower house session. Strange law if you ask me, but that is what was told to me.

Once this government resigns the bill is dead, reason why YL doesn't want to resign and at one point offered to delay the elections on the condition that the caretaker government could stay in power till the election

• Like 1

This is not a very good statement, its crap and corrupt but at least it serves the purpose you and some agree with ? if the law was upheld and applied equally and without bias I would agree, but its not and it dosn't....

The judicial system is as corrupt as all the rest.... fact just by looking who gets a sentence and who gets let off... when a poor farmer picking mushrooms gets 10 years and a rich bugger thieving land gets zip thats a failed system.

Yes, corruption is rampant here. But if the current government respected the law, we wouldn't be in this mess. They keep talking about voting being important for a democracy, but respect for the law is even more important. Without that, voting means nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy

No consensus exists on how to define democracy, but equality, freedom and rule of law have been identified as important characteristics since ancient times

i agree rule of law is important but heres the problem, Thailand has no stable and fair rule of law, don't just point the finger at one, i mean it has NO fair or upheld rule of law that is balanced.

Here It has always been one rule for the man on the street another for the those with standing, this must end before there can be said to be a respect for the law.

It has to start somewhere I agree and theres no reason for it not to start with the shins, the problem with this is..... thats where it would end apart from purging the rest affiliated and leave the rest, the yellow, the amart, the armed forces, the police the judges the corrupt depts alone..... we all know it.

We don't live in a utopia unfortunately, we live between a rock and a hard place, two factions fighting for the soul and wealth of the country and ultimately the control, both sides are as bad and neither have any intention of putting any of their own on the chopping block any time soon.

We will see this unrest continue until either one side or the other realise both have to turn their backs on those corrupt in their own group as well as the opposition. I hold no illusions and that that this will not happen for a long long time.

Luckily its not my country and I feel for those that it is.

• Like 2

For Abhisit to become elected PM again, he needs to be an MP.

Sent from my phone ...