Black Toyota Fortuners

kasi

Is it just me but I've been noticing more and more of these things on the road around Phuket?

Big shiny black things usually without a trace of mud.

They are often being driven in a very unfriendly aggressive and stupid manner.

Seems to me they are a show off vehicle and the drivers display their ignorance by driving like a-holes.

Fortuner owners here have mentioned they drive like a sports car but I swear some of these idiots must think they are driving a Porsche oblivious to the fact that they have the same tyres and brakes as a pickup truck.

Black also is the worst colour for a vehicle. Black shows scratches and dirt much more readily.

It would be interesting to ask the insurers what the accident rates are for these vehicles!

Edited by kasi

Is it just me but I've been noticing more and more of these things on the road around Phuket?

Big shiny black things usually without a trace of mud.

They are often being driven in a very unfriendly aggressive and stupid manner.

Seems to me they are a show off vehicle and the drivers display their ignorance by driving like a-holes.

Fortuner owners here have mentioned they drive like a sports car but I swear some of these idiots must think they are driving a Porsche oblivious to the fact that they have the same tyres and brakes as a pickup truck.

Black also is the worst colour for a vehicle. Black shows scratches and dirt much more readily.

It would be interesting to ask the insurers what the accident rates are for these vehicles!

I bet it is not just the Fortuner. A lot of folks that buy SUVs (Sport Utility Vehicles) think that they are bullet-proof and safer than a regular automobile. They are wrong, and that stats show that.

Nevertheless, I for one prefer a bigger vehicle... hence I also drive an SUV (I have a Toyota 4Runner). :o Do not worry about me though... I take my time when it comes to driving.

It's probably me and agreed I see other types of SUV's being driven stupidly but I'd swear the preponderance of crappy drive is perpetrated by black ones. The big 4door 4x4's by toyota and isuzu seems to be culprits as well.

But the Fortuner since it handles better may lend itself to more Mario Andretti wanabees.

I'd like to stick that Toyota D4D engine in my 109 land rover!

Those diesel powered toyotas go like bats out of "hail".

It's probably me and agreed I see other types of SUV's being driven stupidly but I'd swear the preponderance of crappy drive is perpetrated by black ones. The big 4door 4x4's by toyota and isuzu seems to be culprits as well.

But the Fortuner since it handles better may lend itself to more Mario Andretti wanabees.

I'd like to stick that Toyota D4D engine in my 109 land rover!

Those diesel powered toyotas go like bats out of "hail".

Why anyone would buy a Black vehicle in a hot country beats me, in the hotter parts of Australia you can hardly give a dark coloured vehicle away. They had a comparison between light and a similar dark vehicle on Discovery channel and both the rate of temperature rise and maximum temperatures were significantly higher on the dark vehicle. Don't too much brain power to work that one out, but then again if you buy a black vehicle you ain't got much I suppose.

If you drive to work in the morning and return in the evening, and don't have to park outside in the sun, there's no problem with heat.

Car airconditioners are really good these days, too. In the current weather my aircon and fanspeed are set to lowest. I turn it up slightly if I drive during the day, I hardly ever use it even at half power. I guess I would survive if I had a black car.

If you drive to work in the morning and return in the evening, and don't have to park outside in the sun, there's no problem with heat.

Car airconditioners are really good these days, too. In the current weather my aircon and fanspeed are set to lowest. I turn it up slightly if I drive during the day, I hardly ever use it even at half power. I guess I would survive if I had a black car.

I don't have a black car either but I do have one of those handy remotes that turns the car (and ac) on before I get in.

When they're clean black does look good.

• 2 weeks later...

Shame for those that have black fortuners but it seems driving one you get the reputation of being an ######, especialy round pattaya an phuket, problem I think is the colour choice is rubbish, infact not just fortuners but most of the cars, why is there so many silver car's in Thailand when everybody you talk to says they never wanted silver but it's all there was ?