what reasonable prized Phone gives the best Skype Experience?

MaaTini

I am back Home, but stay daily connected via Skype Call and Video with my Little Famile in Thailand

my Thai GF has a 3 Year old Samsung Smartphone, but the Quality of the Skype Transmission is poor,

so I am thinking about to buy her a new Phone specially for our Skype Calls and Video Transmissions

what reasonable prized Phone available in Thailand would you recommend?

the reason of poor skype experience probably comes from poor internet connection? i suffer the same, and it is because my slow internet connection, after the alotted 4GB runs out.

if only the picture quality that isnt the best, then maybe the phone's webcam...she can find a cheaper but very decent phone from the i-mobile line up, i recon for about 5-7000thb they feature decent front and back camera, along the rest of the bells and whisteles of today's phones.

If it's the network then even a new phone won't help.

I have a basic samsung phone and calling a smartphone on AIS works 95% okay.... this is a full Skype-Skype call without video -UK-THAI. I'm pretty sure that the transmission would be very flakey with video.... because of the distance and state of telecoms within Thailand.

Better if both ends are using DSL or cable for face-face video.

Edited by RandomSand

Where is your GF? If outside a major city, the problem is most likely poor connectivity. If inside a major city, then maybe just her location. Try different locations, a few yards can make a difference.

When my GF is back home in Udon, skype just does not work, no decent phone service in the area beyond 2G. In Bangkok no problems, other than the aformentioned few yards relocation.

Before buying a new phone, make sure it's not her location/area that's the problem, rather than the phone.

Can you do voice calls ok?