Geiger counters for sale in Thailand ?

BuaBS

Anybody seen a store where they sell geiger counters here in Thailand ?

Not online from a website but a real place where you can see it and test it.

The geiger tube is rather fragile (breakable).

Thanks

Talk to the companies that supply industrial non destructive testing equipment they will have survey metres for radiographic testing

Thanks for the suggestions guys , but it is kind of vague . Finding companies that supply industrial non destructive testing equipment or medical supply distributors that may or may not sell is not really what I asked.

Actual stores of measuring equipment is what I need. A while ago I looked for then in Baan Moh , the electronics area in chinatown/Bangkok,but didn't find any.

Guess next trip to Europe then.

As to why , you can all guess...I've read some of the comments here on TV about radiation and how it is ridiculed here.

Thanks for the suggestions guys , but it is kind of vague . Finding companies that supply industrial non destructive testing equipment or medical supply distributors that may or may not sell is not really what I asked.

Actual stores of measuring equipment is what I need. A while ago I looked for then in Baan Moh , the electronics area in chinatown/Bangkok,but didn't find any.

As to why , you can all guess...I've read some of the comments here on TV about radiation and how it is ridiculed here.

The industrial NDT supply companies do stock them, google is your friend dear boy

• Like 1

The industrial NDT supply companies do stock them, google is your friend dear boy

Thanks Soutpeel , I'll search for it , but google is NOT my friend. (Duckduckgo or startpage , they don't spy on me...)

Thanks Soutpeel , I'll search for it , but google is NOT my friend. (Duckduckgo or startpage , they don't spy on me...)

all search engines collect info about what people are searching for

do a few searches on how to make a homemade bomb or chemical weapon

and see how long it takes before your on the no -fly list or your door gets kicked in

by a swat team :D

all search engines collect info about what people are searching for

do a few searches on how to make a homemade bomb or chemical weapon

and see how long it takes before your on the no -fly list or your door gets kicked in

by a swat team :D

Think I will step out of this thread, getting impression the tin foil hats are being put on

if you think the internet is not closely monitored

you should go back and read the snowdon case

And a Geiger counter stops this how ?

As mentioned previously this this thread is getting rather tin foil hat with a hint of paranoia about it

As mentioned previously this this thread is getting rather tin foil hat with a hint of paranoia about it

Really? You're calling the people here paranoid for wondering what their sticking in their mouth?

If its to spooky for the little sheep, then feel free to comment on another thread.

Really? You're calling the people here paranoid for wondering what their sticking in their mouth?

If its to spooky for the little sheep, then feel free to comment on another thread.

The OP puts the internet in his mouth !!!! This thread is getting very werid

The OP never asked what he wanted it for to being with. But all of sudden you start throwing tin foiled hat around like its supposed to mean something.

I only assumed by his strange comments and the comment about food below that they are referring to Fukishima.

The OP never asked what he wanted it for to being with. But all of sudden you start throwing tin foiled hat around like its supposed to mean something.

I only assumed by his strange comments and the comment about food below that they are referring to Fukishima.

I was referring to his comments about the internet actually, the simple solution if someone is worried about imported food from Japan etc, is don't eat it then, don't need a Geiger counter then

OK , clearly expats that have a geiger counter don't read thaivisa or look for this
subject OR there are no expats in Thailand that have one.
I'm not going to look for Thai companies that may or may not sell me a geigercounter at a right price .
Guess I'll have to wait till I go to Europe .
I will be checking on this post regularly in the next months , so if anybody does post, I'll read it.
When I buy and use it here , I will be posting on my findings like this one :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMvfhzs1PE0

Even without a tinfoil hat on , one can be worried of what we eat and where we reside.

OK , clearly expats that have a geiger counter don't read thaivisa or look for this

I'm not going to look for Thai companies that may or may not sell me a geigercounter at a right price .

I will be checking on this post regularly in the next months , so if anybody does post, I'll read it.

Even without a tinfoil hat on , one can be worried of what we eat and where we reside.

This is a foolish and unsubstantiated video. There is no evidence at all presented that the radiation levels are 50% above background, other than the title of the video.

No reading is shown on the meter on the rice bag, and no reading for the same amount of time away from the rice bag is shown for comparison to prove the readings are different.

This is just an internet scam.

The best choices at a reasonable price are from Russia as they have a lot of experience in the area. biggrin.png Actually I'm serious that they would be a good place to look. I work in nuclear physics at a Thai university and we have all the kits and my purchasing research pointed there. Film badges, personal dosimetry detectors and a proper calibrated ion chamber radiation detector. That (ion chamber detector) we got from Suan Dork hospital in Chiang Mai from their radiology department. So check hospital radiology departments to see where they get theirs. Be aware though, a good accurate detector is going to cost big Baht.

Thanks !

No I dont have any Thai readers that I can ask . It is not an easy subject to ask to Thai around me.

Only one gives a price here.. pantipmarket , is this related to Pantip plaza in Bangkok?

This is a foolish and unsubstantiated video. There is no evidence at all presented that the radiation levels are 50% above background, other than the title of the video.

No reading is shown on the meter on the rice bag, and no reading for the same amount of time away from the rice bag is shown for comparison to prove the readings are different.

This is just an internet scam.

True , I agree , the video is not well made . I aim to do better...

Because of the MSM blackout , and untrustworthy governments there is no recent data about radiation levels in food to be found.

Remember last june - july , I think , when the rice contamination scandal was news here in Thailand , but not a peep about radiation.

The best choices at a reasonable price are from Russia as they have a lot of experience in the area. biggrin.png Actually I'm serious that they would be a good place to look. I work in nuclear physics at a Thai university and we have all the kits and my purchasing research pointed there. Film badges, personal dosimetry detectors and a proper calibrated ion chamber radiation detector. That (ion chamber detector) we got from Suan Dork hospital in Chiang Mai from their radiology department. So check hospital radiology departments to see where they get theirs. Be aware though, a good accurate detector is going to cost big Baht.

The point of this post was to buy one in Thailand , not Russia or online from there.

Yes a good one will cost a lot not just here but also in the EU :

http://www.gamma-scout.com/EN/Produkte-Preise.php

If you work in nuclear physics , maybe you can give us an inside of radiation level changes in Thai food.

But it is not just food. Thai's love ceramic tiles , they are everywhere , and in my room too. Those radium electric switches,...

True , I agree , the video is not well made . I aim to do better...

Because of the MSM blackout , and untrustworthy governments there is no recent data about radiation levels in food to be found.

Remember last june - july , I think , when the rice contamination scandal was news here in Thailand , but not a peep about radiation.

Arsenic is the real problem. Won't find much in Asian media on that for sure.