Unjustified SAMSUNG Repair Charge for Phones NOT bought in Thailand

keongsoh

I cannot comprehend the reason SAMSUNG charge of 1000baht for the repair of a phone OUT of WARRANTY from another country.

I have asked Samsung to explain why there is this 1000baht charge when the phones are out of warranty and identical to every other phone sold worldwide taken in for repair in Thailand.

The reason given is just that is a SAMSUNG policy.

I, for the life of me cannot understand the reason for this charge.

I doubt that this charge is uniform across the industry and if it is then it should be stopped.

I can understand it if the phone was repaired UNDER WARRANTY but not when it is OUT of WARRANTY.

I presume a good number of people would have copped this charge and it is about time SAMSUNG (my only proven reference so far) should explain this to the masses the reason WHY even if it is just the additional effort taken to confirm that it is from another country which took all of 5 seconds to reference the database according to the IMEI number.

Anyone with a similar experience.?

Probably because Samsung Thailand is a local franchise selling Samsung products, and under no obligation to fix your Samsung from overseas than it is to fix an LG or an iPhone.

It's a rubbish policy and I don't see myself buying another Samsung, but I guess most companies are run in a similar way (?)

I understand Apple offers a world wide guarantee.

So what is your complain? The phone is out of warranty so any repair costs must be paid by the owner.

Unless you know of exactly the same phone and model bought locally that went in for the exact same work and the owner was charged less, then I don't see the problem?

Edit to add: I take it, your phone IS out of warranty and was bought outside of the country, correct?

Edited by Shurup

And remember that the fools at Samsung even block using non European SIM cards in phones that have been bought in Europe.

Was quite a big story last September. Workarounds seem to be published in the meantime ?

Probably because Samsung Thailand is a local franchise selling Samsung products, and under no obligation to fix your Samsung from overseas than it is to fix an LG or an iPhone.

It's a rubbish policy and I don't see myself buying another Samsung, but I guess most companies are run in a similar way (?)

they dont ,me and my friend were asked to leave the istore for asking them to fix an iphone that wasnt "a thai version '

"I can understand it if the phone was repaired UNDER WARRANTY but not when it is OUT of WARRANTY."

OP, are you sure you are using the two terms correctly?

In any event, 1,000 baht for a repair of an out of country phone sounds very reasonable to me.

Have a happy day.

they dont ,me and my friend were asked to leave the istore for asking them to fix an iphone that wasnt "a thai version '

Thought it sounded too good to be true.

I Bought a " Samsung galaxy S2 a couple of years ago in MBK ( Bangkok ) and have had " nothing but problems " I went to speak to the Samsung service centre in Pattaya who were excellent and very polite and helpful. Who then looked at my phone and said " never buy phones from MBK" they said that my phone was not made for Thailand and it needed a new " motherboard " ( Thailand ) at a cost of 5,000 baht!

I Bought a " Samsung galaxy S2 a couple of years ago in MBK ( Bangkok ) and have had " nothing but problems " I went to speak to the Samsung service centre in Pattaya who were excellent and very polite and helpful. Who then looked at my phone and said " never buy phones from MBK" they said that my phone was not made for Thailand and it needed a new " motherboard " ( Thailand ) at a cost of 5,000 baht!

I had a Note 2 bought at MBK. After about 6 months it suffered from "Sudden Death Syndrome", a known flaw with chips in the phone. I took it to the Samsung repair center at Pantip and they said it was from UAE so they wouldn't fix it.

I won't buy again from MBK and I'm not impressed with Samsung's warranty policy. They should honor the warranty on a MOBILE device wherever you happen to be.