Loud Music update

I feel quite sorry for this chap......1st he and his asscosiates have poured money hand over fist to try and bring a top quality venue to Bangrak and Koh Samui,

Granted it's been a bit of a nightmare regards noise for the local residents but, does anyone believe he spent his money with the intention of establishing a quality business or was his intention to just annoy the nearby residents ?

Regards the local residence that are quite wrongfully being disturbed, how many have called into Dreamers and asked to speak to him or his management team and expressed their legitimate concerns ? I'm quite sure with a personal approach and reasonable arguement,

it's my beleif that the speaker system could be turned to face the sea and possibly reduce the noise disturbance to local homes and Business's.

Having been subject to wrongful accusations from the British police myself, I understand that if you keep throwing mud at a wall, eventually a bit will stick,

it will also be carried around with you for a lifetime, unfair, but sadly it's true !

Newspapers do not sell editions with facts, they sell them with sensationalism and scandalism, and under such situations they best not let the truth get in the way of a good storyline.

There is no doubt in my mind that this fella is a bit of a character, I know plenty of people I call friends that fly close to the edge, and the vast Majority are good honest hardworking people I would trust and respect.

It would be interesting for someone local (who is in the disturbance zone) phoning making an appointment and asking for some action from Dreamers regards the BOOM BOOM noises and come back here with their reply.

Any takers ?

It is difficult to seperate fact from fiction in news reported in papers. From what I can tell - here are some facts.

He is a wanted (runaway) criminal in Holland. He was tried. Found guilty. and spent 4 years in jail (from memory). He was out on bail appealing the case on a technicality and did a runner. Not quite the act of an innocent man.

Let us look at the legality of a construction such as Dreamers on the beachfront. It is difficult to see how one would gain planning permission for a constuction of that size right next to the beach. I am sure that there are ways of doing it - probably not legal though. There is one indisputable fact. There is a three storey building next to the beach.

One has to question the business acumen to 'have poured money hand over fist to try and bring a top quality venue' in a residential area. An area that is not zoned for night time entertainment, on an island with quite a few areas of said zoning. Was there any research into whether Bangrak wanted or needed such an establishment?

There are other reasons for building a business here on Samui - other than the two that you have mentioned, but they are probably not for discussion on a TV forum.

Your observation about 'throw enough mud and some will stick' is a fair comment in many cases. However, I believe that the gentleman in question has worked hard at building his own particular mud pile.

Yes he was locked up in Holland, But If you check properly you will see that his conviction was squashed on appeal.. he never did a runner.
  • Like 1

" Then when there is one of these style of people in our door step everyone likes to act the hard man behind a computer screen"

Quite an ironic post from you Big C. Having read your posts over the years, I would have said you were one of the "hardest" men on here !

Yes he was locked up in Holland, But If you check properly you will see that his conviction was squashed on appeal.. he never did a runner.

Hmm. Thanks for the correction.

I'll have to look that one up again when I get the time. I was sure that the article that I read said that he did. Who to believe? I still stand by my other comments though.

Again - personally - I have nothing against the gentleman other than he is ruining his neighbour's lives. (And I do hear the music when the wind blows in that direction. I live miles away but sound travels really well over water and I am in direct line of sight of Dreamers. He keeps me awake at times.)

• Like 1

Hmm. Thanks for the correction.

I'll have to look that one up again when I get the time. I was sure that the article that I read said that he did. Who to believe? I still stand by my other comments though.

Again - personally - I have nothing against the gentleman other than he is ruining his neighbour's lives. (And I do hear the music when the wind blows in that direction. I live miles away but sound travels really well over water and I am in direct line of sight of Dreamers. He keeps me awake at times.)

I understand people's frustration at noise pollution personally I try to buy out in the hills a bit but no where in Thailand is immune from noise unfortunately

Even where I live nothing to say hey won't build a big hotel and have entertainment bands every evening

Might be worth co darting next time I build to look at sound proof walls or glass specially for people's bedrooms

For me normally the air con drowns out the sounds

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

The local gangsters are challenging enough, without having to live with imported ones as well !

you don't have to worry the foreigner gangsters are nothing in Thailand.

They cannot savive without Thai help

Doesn't matter how much money they have without the respect of the Thais they cannot operate. Normally Thai people don't really like to get involved in forang and forang problems.

Yes they can be a threat but they are less of a threat here than back home.

Also i have not been threatened by any gangsters.

I am sure if i asked him for a problem then he would give me one but i had no problem with him. I have more problems with petty thieves than real gangsters such as that bag snatcher. People that do burglaries, alcoholics shouting abuse and wanting to fight everyone.

Like they say loud small time attention seeking wanna be gangsters they are the biggest threat to me personally.

sorry to hear about the noise pollution but the own being an alleged gangster has nothing to do with it.

Anyone could have opened that place with the right amount of money gangster or not.

There are too many forages out here that reckon they have a bit of money and go around giving it the large reckon that the law does not apply to them cause they are so rich.

Which is fine by me but these loud people shall attract big trouble if they mess with the wrong people. money or no money

Also I have met more loyal trust worthy people from the so called criminal world more people that have the balls to put there lives on the line to help their mates than I have from the so called straight so called honest legal people

When I have had trouble in the last the people that surprised me the most are the people that are supposed to be by the law criminals

Yet all the people who have honest jobs and so on did not want to help me as their own selfish reasons for losing their jobs even though I was innocent some people call them gangsters I call them extreme businessmen who have the balls to carry out necessary things in order to have a carrier

Also I have met more loyal trust worthy people from the so called criminal world more people that have the balls to put there lives on the line to help their mates than I have from the so called straight so called honest legal people

When I have had trouble in the last the people that surprised me the most are the people that are supposed to be by the law criminals

Yet all the people who have honest jobs and so on did not want to help me as their own selfish reasons for losing their jobs even though I was innocent some people call them gangsters I call them extreme businessmen who have the balls to carry out necessary things in order to have a carrier

Many thanks for your insight into the criminal world.

It's such a comfort to hear what a great bunch of guys they are !

Well considering how many films and books that have been made they must have some character

The local gangsters are challenging enough, without having to live with imported ones as well !

When did the last gangster challenge you ???

Perhaps look back at some topics a couple of years back, some illegal venture in the hills. Perhaps reading through that topic will give you an idea of what some elements ( importedbiggrin.png ones) can get up too or the threats they were imparting.

It's not a one way street BigC..

• Like 1

Perhaps look back at some topics a couple of years back, some illegal venture in the hills. Perhaps reading through that topic will give you an idea of what some elements ( importedbiggrin.png ones) can get up too or the threats they were imparting.

Yes if you are referring to those dodgy land deals

Then yes if they mess with the pinko then they are wrong

All I am saying after all these media hype and about the supposed past of this man I haven't had a problem with him and if I had not read all the news about him I would not treat him any differently than all the other expats out here

I don't like what the news paper said that the UK police acted on a source from the island that helped give information to he department of foreign affairs

Now there is potential for people to case assumptions and blame and make a big mess on samui

The British police had him arrested why they had to make comment like that is just a clever attempt to disrupt the expat community on he island and make everyone a suspicious of each other

I hate english police. They are clever at intimating people into committing a crime and then arresting them

They are a horrible bunch of people almost like robots who use intimidation in a professional way

People always say that they don't care about police because they have done nothing wrong

That theory is wrong as you don't have to do anything wrong for them to give you a hard time

For example they could pull me in to question me about something I know nothing about just to make me look bad then claim " a source " lead them to believe I had information

For real what is a source

A phone tap?

A grass?

Information from?

You tube or face book?

Email hacking?

A rummer ?

Could be anything and uk police use this clever wording to get away with illegal phone taps and email hacking extra

And that would be your business for what reason ?

You were the one complaining

If you don't like me asking you questions then don't put the bait out there

If you don't want gangsters coming it here the a natural question is why ?

No it is not my business but I can ask can't i?

When you say just what we need? Do you mean we as in everyone or we as in your community ?

Or is that none of my business

I believe the answer to my question. Is no comment, sir

You have to remember that this is thailand and the Thais shall never let any foreigner mafia or foreigner business people take over the place

We all know this country belongs to the Thais which keeps most people save

If you have a big personal and you are not wrong then there are Thais that can help you clear the problem

You have to remember that this is thailand and the Thais shall never let any foreigner mafia or foreigner business people take over the place

Obviously someone has never been to Soi Cowboy or any of the numerous sois in Sukhumvit which are overwhelming controlled by gangsters of nationalities other than Thai.

Do you really think the local Thais are any match for the Russian mob? If you believe that you'll believe anything.

• Like 1

Yes if you are referring to those dodgy land deals

Then yes if they mess with the pinko then they are wrong

All I am saying after all these media hype and about the supposed past of this man I haven't had a problem with him and if I had not read all the news about him I would not treat him any differently than all the other expats out here

I don't like what the news paper said that the UK police acted on a source from the island that helped give information to he department of foreign affairs

Now there is potential for people to case assumptions and blame and make a big mess on samui

The British police had him arrested why they had to make comment like that is just a clever attempt to disrupt the expat community on he island and make everyone a suspicious of each other

I hate english police. They are clever at intimating people into committing a crime and then arresting them

They are a horrible bunch of people almost like robots who use intimidation in a professional way

People always say that they don't care about police because they have done nothing wrong

That theory is wrong as you don't have to do anything wrong for them to give you a hard time

For example they could pull me in to question me about something I know nothing about just to make me look bad then claim " a source " lead them to believe I had information

For real what is a source

A phone tap?

A grass?

Information from?

You tube or face book?

Email hacking?

A rummer ?

Could be anything and uk police use this clever wording to get away with illegal phone taps and email hacking extra

Come on let the police ask what they like it's not disrupting me. If some one has something to hide yes it might.

If you have a big personal and you are not wrong then there are Thais that can help you clear the problem

BigC not long ago I would have agreed with you about the Thais not allowing foreign villains to get a foothold on their soil,,, but have you been to Pattaya

recently ? because the Russians are definately running that gaff.

Obviously someone has never been to Soi Cowboy or any of the numerous sois in Sukhumvit which are overwhelming controlled by gangsters of nationalities other than Thai.

Do you really think the local Thais are any match for the Russian mob? If you believe that you'll believe anything.

You make it sound like a sport

If the Russian mob were more powerful than the Thais then they would be in politics

If you dont understand what I am saying then you do not know much a out this sort if world

Russian mob still cannot work without local help

I am not saying that there are not foreign gangsters here I am saying that the Thais control the game

I am not saying that there are not foreign gangsters here I am saying that the Thais control the game

Thats correct, money talks!

• Like 1

BigC not long ago I would have agreed with you about the Thais not allowing foreign villains to get a foothold on their soil,,, but have you been to Pattaya

Too be honest I went to pattaya about 2 years ago and the place made me feel physically sick

So no I haven't been there recently and I won't be making any plans to go back there

I do know of some political stuff that happened in pattaya a while back which j won't go into detail on here which would explain the Russian influence

It's

Too be honest I went to pattaya about 2 years ago and the place made me feel physically sick

So no I haven't been there recently and I won't be making any plans to go back there

I do know of some political stuff that happened in pattaya a while back which j won't go into detail on here which would explain the Russian influence

That's exactly why i live in Samui. It's better that the locals run the show. The day foreigners overpower the locals is the day i leave.
  • Like 1