Popular Thailand one of Britons favourite spots

webfact

Popular Thailand One of Britons Favourite Spots

p22.jpg

(PDN) British holiday makers are more and more often choosing to travel longer distances these days, as opposed to the European holidays of old. This summer, the Independent’s poll results have suggested that the top 3 destinations are the Maldives, Thailand, and Sri Lanka respectively.

A poll was also carried out by The Post Office, which indicates that Bali in Indonesia is ranked as the cheapest travel destination in 2014. Furthermore, it anticipates that Myanmar, Qatar and the Philippines will be the hot new destination for tourists to travel to in the near future.

The poll results were measured from the leading tour operators’ advanced sales figures for 2014. The 10 most popular long distance holiday destinations for Brits are as follows:

1.The Maldives
2. Thailand
3. Sri Lanka
4. The United Arab Emirates.
5. United States of America
6. Mauritius
7. Malaysia
8. Cuba
9. Antigua
10. Singapore

Photo : Internet

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2014/02/06/popular-thailand-one-of-britons-favourite-spots/

[pdn]2014-02-06[/pdn]

Britain's or Britons?

That is what I first thought when I read the title, but resolved to see it as meaning

Thailand one of the favourite spots for Britons.

So really only grammatically incorrect.

If they use the word Britain's it may lead to suggest a spot located in Britain.

Britons being the term for 'people from Britain'.

USA number 5? I through you Brits hate us Americans and are "we are number 1" attitude.giggle.gif

Shows you that their apparent disdain for anything/anybody American is just a surface thing. They are all fighting their way through the Consulate Hq line in London to get a chance to see the Original MacDonalds Restaurant....and ride on Space Mountain in Disneyland.

Poor old boys.....war shock? who knows.

Why on earth would anyone want to go to Qatar for a holiday?

I'm working here right now and I'm totally clueless as to why anyone would want to come here for a holiday.

Even the Qatari's jump ship to Dubai for a break as often as possible.

Edited by Phatcharanan
  • Like 2

Britain's or Britons?

That is what I first thought when I read the title, but resolved to see it as meaning

Thailand one of the favourite spots for Britons.

So really only grammatically incorrect.

If they use the word Britain's it may lead to suggest a spot located in Britain.

Britons being the term for 'people from Britain'.

Think you will find it would be ok if they just added the apostrophe after the s in Britons.

Thailand one of Britons' favourite spots.

Although agree this would be better.... Thailand one of the favourite spots for Britons.

As a Yorkshireman (English), before the word queer was adopted to mean something else, we used to say "there's nowt so queer as folk" - translation, there's nothing as strange as people.....these choices perhaps prove that, one man's meat is another man's poison. You could say likewise about somewhere like the Philippines, I lived there 5 years, which was 4 years and 11 months too long, others swear it's their Shangri La, diff'rent strokes......

• Like 1

unfortunately its becoming popular with younger brits that would usually go to malia or ibiza , .....the lager lout scum we could all do without , wouldn,t know respect if it jumped up and bit them , after a few have been shot in the head for abusing Thais and causing them to loose face i hope the numbers will drop again , ......lucky they missed the boat when Thailand was cheap !

• Like 1