Aurora Gold

May i ask if anyone here made business with Aurora Gold yet? Their store is at Sukhumvit and they recently opened a Hua Hin branch.

Which attracts my attention is that they advertise 99,9% goldbars.Not very common so far....

By the way, all goldshops in Hua Hin ask for an extra amount "for makin`" or "transport" for their 96,5% goldbars which i was never asked for to pay in Bkk.

Is that common outside Bkk?

Impossible here to buy for the daily indicated price from Thaigoldprice.com , same with the jewellery where the markup for "make design" mostly is about double of the one shown at Thaigoldprice, at least depending if the design is man or machine made.

At least i noticed that on the assay balance the weight in gramm of for an example one salung of jewellery is never 3,81 gramms as i should be but mostly 0,02- 0,04 gramms less .

Aurora are actually a very large chain. Their branches are not just in Sukhumvit and Hua Hin but in most major malls across Bangkok (and possibly Thailand) from what I have seen.

They are quite reputable and trustworthy, I have used them exclusively for any gold purchases I have made. I believe they even have a bonus/discount scheme for regular customers.

BTW there is always a markup on the standard prices for bars or jewellery. How else do you think they are going to make any profit? They're not going to give it away at cost! It is a fixed percentage of the total.

Edited by Glock3am
  • Like 1

By the way, all goldshops in Hua Hin ask for an extra amount "for makin`" or "transport" for their 96,5% goldbars which i was never asked for to pay in Bkk.

once they start "makin" gold bars in Hua Hin there won't be any surcharge for "transport".

usually "makin" is a surcharge for very small ingots ½, 1 and 2 Baht weight.

Aurora are actually a very large chain. Their branches are not just in Sukhumvit and Hua Hin but in most major malls across Bangkok (and possibly Thailand) from what I have seen.

They are quite reputable and trustworthy, I have used them exclusively for any gold purchases I have made. I believe they even have a bonus/discount scheme for regular customers.

BTW there is always a markup on the standard prices for bars or jewellery. How else do you think they are going to make any profit? They're not going to give it away at cost! It is a fixed percentage of the total.

This has been my experience too.