Sound of ticking time bombs is getting louder for Yingluck

webfact

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we have a date now, April 1st!

Keep that private jet ready to fly, Poo. Come April Fool's Day, you'll be the biggest fool with a one way flight to sandy Dubai! clap2.gif

Oh wait, maybe not the biggest fool since Chalerm is there.

she and big bro have got more money than could be spent in several luxurious lifetimes ,even if she is forced to retire on april 1st

it wont be the end of her world anyway

• Like 2

I don't think she wanted the job to begin with, it seemed like she was just being dutiful all the time. I feel that in her private moments she will be grateful when its all over. And of course, that is the last thing you want in a PM.

• Like 2

who dominates the senate?

A very good point! This is what I do not understand. If Yingluck has to resign she will just be replaced by someone anointed by Thaksin. Unless there are fundamental changes to Thai politics and the accountability of government bureaucracies I cannot see the point of the whole exercise as it will just be business as usual.

Even if the Pheu Thai Party is disbanded and another party created, as was the case with Thai Rak Thai, the Thaksin family and supporters will regain power. Currently seems to me an exercise in futility, am I wrong?

EDIT: As I posted in another topic...

In the context of Thailand this quote from Thatcher is apt.

"There is little hope for democracy if the hearts of men and women in democratic societies cannot be touched by a call to something greater than themselves"

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

who dominates the senate?

A very good point! This is what I do not understand. If Yingluck has to resign she will just be replaced by someone anointed by Thaksin. Unless there are fundamental changes to Thai politics and the accountability of government bureaucracies I cannot see the point of the whole exercise as it will just be business as usual.

Even if the Pheu Thai Party is disbanded and another party created, as was the case with Thai Rak Thai, the Thaksin family and supporters will regain power. Currently seems to me an exercise in futility, am I wrong?

no,getting rid of her will achieve nothing

a new thaksin deputee will stand in her place..........coffee1.gif

• Like 1

So we have a date now, April 1st!

Keep that private jet ready to fly, Poo. Come April Fool's Day, you'll be the biggest fool with a one way flight to sandy Dubai! clap2.gif

Oh wait, maybe not the biggest fool since Chalerm is there.

she and big bro have got more money than could be spent in several luxurious lifetimes ,even if she is forced to retire on april 1st

it wont be the end of her world anyway

This is where the mind of a Westerner and an Asian differ. We cannot choose where we are born, but we can choose where we will die, and an Asian would most probably wants to die back home and not be a wandering soul in a foreign land.

Yingluck is one of the most selfish persons I have ever known. She and her brother do not give a crap about anything but themselves. They will sacrifice anything to stay in power. That by itself is enough to get them out of office. You might not agree with Suthep's methods, but more and more, I simply don't care how it is done, she and her dog, Chalerm need to be jettisoned to Mars.

I am sick and tired of these wanke_rS turning one of the most beautiful countries into a shithole. If there was a leader who was slightly incompetent, but had character, I'd vote him or her into office in a heartbeat.

Frankly, we do need a mini revolution. We need to get that sour puss, moronic woman out of office. She add NO VALUE whatsoever and she really destroying the Nirvana called Thailand.... what a disgraceful thing to write on your tombstone: "Here lieth Yingluck Shinawatra, the horrible leader who destroyed people's lives, created hate and destruction and sent Thailand back to the Stone Age.....

Sad, really....

Nirvana? Are we talking about the same place.?

• Like 1

Finally, an article that backs up what I've been saying smile.png However, I didn't think that the two 30-day periods came in sequence! Surely if the House cannot convene then it also can't wait 30 more days to select a PM!

Also, the 2nd Feb plus 30 days is 4th March (not the 1st, Feb doesn't have 31 days).

Also, these 30-day periods are the maximum time spans. The first one needs to elapse, but the second period could be speeded up.

As I've said for some days, the National Assembly will convene on time but without the House of Reps. The Senate, still behind the mask of the National Assembly can then select a PM and council of Ministers with an emergency decree.

Coup sorted!!

The time bomb has been ticking from day one for Caretaker Prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra, with no knowledge of politics ,she held the ideals like her brother, that a country can be run like a company , unfortunately half of the share holders don't want you and that's the difference from a company where everyone say's aye on a vote and never question the CEO , that's why you hardly see in other countries top business men/women in politics, the primary cause of the down fall of the Thai love Thai and the PTP is no knowledge of government , the idea of totalitarian government which Thaskin adored ,like Singapore is okay for Singapore, (3 Million people) not Thailand , ideology has not worked over history and history could repeat itself in Thailand.coffee1.gif

The time bomb has not only been ticking for Yingluck, but for the Shinawatra clan and cronies.

If you want to run a country as your personal possession, only a power take over will do the trick.

No way popular measures will do this, specially when there is not enough tax income.

Thaksin knows that with the end of Yingluck's government, it will be the end of the Shinawatra clan.

That is why Yingluck is holding on till the end.

• Like 1

Thailand, democracy was a good experiment, but can we turn the clock back and return to Constitutional Monarchy? I'm sure everyone would be happier.

This is a constitutional monarchy.

I think you mean return to an absolute monarchy.

I think a huge irony is that even this option cannot be seriously discussed as doing so may result in falling foul of the lese majeste laws.

There are many alternatives, such as having the Senate create laws and the House of Reps review them etc etc. Not worth going into in any detail as we would inevitably have to discuss the monarchy, the crown and... well... we can't. Actually, I'm not sure if Thailand picked up on the idea of The Crown - there is a Crown Property Bureau though.

Negative speculation by the self-indulgent OP.

The OP uses the literary and rhetorical device of the "Parade of Horribles" which allows any writer to stoop to an irresponsible and licentious recklessness by conjuring up from what otherwise are facts, such as dates and a constitution, his own preferred and warped political and constitutional scenario.

There are not only the two constitutional possibilities the OP falsely presents. Central to the matter of forming the next government are the by-elections this month. And there is the election coming next month of the half of the senate that are directly accountable to the electorate, and appointing the other half that are not, a process which this time will get an unprecedented, rigorous scrutiny from an attentive public.

Will Ultraman Suthep allow the Senate elections to proceed? The OP apparently doesn't bother to ask. Will Suthep still be on the loose and on the prowl by the time Senate elections occur next month? The OP doesn't want to think about that.

The OP's Parade of Horribles is indeed the rhetorical device in which the speaker hyperbolically catalogues the potential unpleasant outcomes of a course of events. Thus using the constitution, the OP tries to manipulate a real document into his own Parade of Desirables, which makes it easy to suspect the OP would love little more than to see democracy fail in Thailand.

In short, the OP bombs out in his rank hackings at the keyboard as he laughably looks into his crystal ball to All Fool's Day, which is his day indeed.

All very true, but I came to similar conclusions without being promised a trough to sink my snout into - I merely assumed the best case scenario for the least violent judicial coup.

If we look at the other extreme, what scenarios do we get? Will all the by-elections yield results? Will the EC hold them quickly enough? Will the Suthepistas go back home and the leaders arrested?

The caretaker government still has the right to submit emergency decrees. If the PTP can show with mathematical certitude that they will have an absolute majority - whatever happens in the other polls - then, given that a voting quorum is 50% a functioning House only needs that 50% of MPs to be present. That 95% rule is liable to be used over and over again by any disgruntled party. So the government could ask for that section of the constitution to be suspended for a fixed period. How is that going to go down with the constitutional court?

Any other ideas?

• Like 1

Yingluck is one of the most selfish persons I have ever known. She and her brother do not give a crap about anything but themselves. They will sacrifice anything to stay in power. That by itself is enough to get them out of office. You might not agree with Suthep's methods, but more and more, I simply don't care how it is done, she and her dog, Chalerm need to be jettisoned to Mars.

I am sick and tired of these wanke_rS turning one of the most beautiful countries into a shithole. If there was a leader who was slightly incompetent, but had character, I'd vote him or her into office in a heartbeat.

Frankly, we do need a mini revolution. We need to get that sour puss, moronic woman out of office. She add NO VALUE whatsoever and she really destroying the Nirvana called Thailand.... what a disgraceful thing to write on your tombstone: "Here lieth Yingluck Shinawatra, the horrible leader who destroyed people's lives, created hate and destruction and sent Thailand back to the Stone Age.....

Sad, really....

Nirvana? Are we talking about the same place.?

Where are you from? Like it here?