How to get telephone line installed in Chiang Mai?

seesip

You are best to go to one of the TOT shops you see in any of the shopping centres.

They will need you to pay upfront for the installation and the first month rental.

It was about 1000bt for installation but included wifi box as well.

They also need to see proof you own or rent the premises.

Less than a week from order to installation.

at one point in time farangs could not get the line installed in their name. it had to be in the Thai owner's name. has this changed? i am talking about individuals. i know farang owned companies can get an account with TOT oncew they provide the required paperwork. the same as in most European countries.

at one point in time farangs could not get the line installed in their name. it had to be in the Thai owner's name. has this changed? i am talking about individuals. i know farang owned companies can get an account with TOT oncew they provide the required paperwork. the same as in most European countries.

No.

The OP should visit the Airport Plaza, 3rd floor, and make inquiries in the TT&T and the TOT shops. Most of the staff can speak reasonable English and can advise the OP better than we can.

No.

The OP should visit the Airport Plaza, 3rd floor, and make inquiries in the TT&T and the TOT shops. Most of the staff can speak reasonable English and can advise the OP better than we can.

You may be wrong. I went alone to TOT to request a line,and wifi.

I did have my name on a rental lease and paid the money.

The bill each month is in my name .

Its not unreasonable to expect landlords to be living out of the city and with a high turnover of tenants surely they don't want the hassle of sorting out a new line every six months.