True Move to give 2 million phones to unhappy customers

webfact

True Move to give 2 million phones to unhappy customers
By Coconuts Bangkok

truemove.jpg?itok=rbwUcJCJ

BANGKOK: -- True Move has learned an expensive lesson in making good on its promises.

After promising a free 3G-ready mobile phone to any customer upgrading to its new network - then disqualifying 1.5 million applicants - the company has announced it will indeed honor the deal after a barrage of complaints.

"The two million handsets will be distributed to all customers in the coming months," Chakkrit Urairat of True Corp. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/02/07/true-move-give-2-million-phones-unhappy-customers

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-02-07

Yeah, I hate my cable package. 200 channels only 3 or 4 that are interesting. I got a package that had quite a few international news stations because that's what I wanted - Al Jazeera, NHK World etc. I told the girl this and she said yes, I picked the right one. Well, turns out, I can't get those channels, except for BBC World because they are 'digital cable only' channels. This was before I knew my "modern living" building was so cheaply built and didn't have cable, but DSL only and I guess a satellite dish on top instead of cable lines. But the True center is RIGHT DOWNSTAIRS and the girl told me "We have lots of customers in your building". So why didn't she tell me that the channels I specifically pointed to on the brochure weren't available in my building? In fact she said they WERE!

My brother in law is a lawyer and said I could have gotten out of the contract, but are there any other choices? I don't know of any. TOT advertises cable packages, they tell you how many channels in each package, but they never say what channels they are!

My telephone is with them too. No major complaints, but its all too complicated and there are too many promotions. So hard to even figure out what to say when you go to 7-11 or online to pay. I thought I got a monthly plan when I first signed up , 599B for x,y,&z, but now everytime I top-up, it gives me a balance and an expiration date, which is always two months later. I have no idea what's going on, but at least I have been getting a signal. Their wifi in shopping centers and other places truly sucks though.

Yeah, I hate my cable package. 200 channels only 3 or 4 that are interesting. I got a package that had quite a few international news stations because that's what I wanted - Al Jazeera, NHK World etc. I told the girl this and she said yes, I picked the right one. Well, turns out, I can't get those channels, except for BBC World because they are 'digital cable only' channels. This was before I knew my "modern living" building was so cheaply built and didn't have cable, but DSL only and I guess a satellite dish on top instead of cable lines. But the True center is RIGHT DOWNSTAIRS and the girl told me "We have lots of customers in your building". So why didn't she tell me that the channels I specifically pointed to on the brochure weren't available in my building? In fact she said they WERE!

My brother in law is a lawyer and said I could have gotten out of the contract, but are there any other choices? I don't know of any. TOT advertises cable packages, they tell you how many channels in each package, but they never say what channels they are!

My telephone is with them too. No major complaints, but its all too complicated and there are too many promotions. So hard to even figure out what to say when you go to 7-11 or online to pay. I thought I got a monthly plan when I first signed up , 599B for x,y,&z, but now everytime I top-up, it gives me a balance and an expiration date, which is always two months later. I have no idea what's going on, but at least I have been getting a signal. Their wifi in shopping centers and other places truly sucks though.

You are lucky indeed to have a brother who is, by your own implication, an expert in Thai law.

"This was before I knew my "modern living" building was so cheaply built and didn't have cable, but DSL only and I guess a satellite dish on top instead of cable lines" You wish to blame others for your inadequate checking?

I am all for blame where blame is due but with all respect you seem to be gratuitously apportioning blame without good cause.

• Like 1

True really do SUCK in every respect.

Since the start of 2014 my internet, my "Ultra High-Speed Internet " (Massive LOL, hahaha) has been totally unusable for international connection.

So bad, I think I'll leave Thailand.

Well done True.

"True Move has about 11 million subscribers, a steep fall from its 17 million just in October,"

No kidding why.

Not sure, because the article doesn't explain it clearly, but I think the customer numbers being used are distinguishing True Move (the entity on the old license) vs. the newer True Move H entity and its newer license on the 2100 Mhz band.

A lot of True (overall) customers have migrated over to True Move H service. But apparently, even more are still stuck using the old, already expired, but still barely breathing service under the old license.

As for the giveaway 1,400 baht value 3G phones True Move is planning to hand out, I just hope they're not built by the same Chinese company that was manufacturing the aborted education tablets giveaway program run by the Thai government. But it wouldn't surprise if they were.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

My gf and I both had DTAC, she had coverage problems and switched to True. We did one test in Ubon and my DL/UL speeds were a tad faster but she generaly has better coverage and more reliable connections that I do with DTAC, I'm considering switching.

I have True cable and at 2k a month it's not cheap but I have 200 channels and at least a dozen of the English ones have decent programming.

I guess it depends where you live.

I'm stll waiting for the 100MB internet connection I saw advertised on one of those huge airports on the way to the airport claiming to have the fastest fiber optic internet connection in the country, I'm luck to get 15MB DL speeds.

I tried True. Nothing but trouble. Happy with DTAC.

I've had True and now TrueH for 3 years. Never had the slightest problem and am still using my original top-up credit. smile.png

Looking forward to getting my free phone also.

Using your original top up credit?

Did you top up 30,000baht originally?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That's why you haven't had a problem .. most people here are talking about the 3G aspect .. using the internet etc..

TrueH give me 100mb of 3G data every month. I dont know why. I generally manage to use at least some of it every month (usually just checking emails if I'm in the car, or if my home internet is down, or during power cuts, anti-government riots etc.) and it has always worked for me. Not a very extensive sample, I know.