Suthep accused of buying land with donation money

webfact

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buying land with donation money?? I thought the donations were only a fraction of the total cost of keeping these rallies going.

Doesn't make sense imo.

It looks like an old fashioned smear campaign to me. Where was the money transferred from? Is there no legislation in place to stop people from buying land if their bank accounts are frozen? Paid in cash?

No politician is innocent but this accusation borders on serious desperation. Would anti government workers in NST really allow Suthep and his son to buy land when they know his money money is frozen?

I'm not a fan of either side but this smacks of desperation. Will these land titles turn out to be fake? I think so.

Suthep, past transgressions put aside, wouldn't be that foolish to do something so easily tracable.

This is so obviously made up accusations from a desperate PTP. Only the gullible would believe it, oh, but aren't the red shirts gullible. I mean they believed all the dribble about the rice scheme and the car rebate scheme and the tablet scheme and etc etc. you decide.

"all the dribble about the rice scheme". Dribble? No wonder nobody's buying the rice.

Sounds like drivel to me.

How is this not worthy of proper and detailed investigation ?

A land deal worth 280 million and suthep is supposed to be according to figures about - 200m.

Its not hard you just trace back the transfer of funds from where ? If its cash or untraceable or defendable with clear paperwork and corroborated trails of legal funding then theres a problem.

seriously if I was supporting someone who is always going on about corruption and they were put under suspicion for it Id demand that person proves they are innocent of such a claim and i dont mean dodgy family transfers unless all funds are provable to be legal and post tax.

Come on if it was the Shin family right now youd want that investigation, id want that investigation and by heck with all the BS hes been spouting for months i want it on Suthep.

Isn't it up to the accuser to prove the guilt of the accused? Anyone can make allegations. Unless he can prove them to a reasonable degree, it's just slander.

Wouldn't be the first time this guy has been convicted of that offense by a court of law.

When was Suthep convicted in a court of law.. never!

The article is about SUTHEP's son being a co-buyer ( allegedly)

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think you misread my post. By "this guy" I referred to the guy making the accusation. He was recently convicted for libel.

Sorry for any lack of clarity. Please calm down... smile.png

It would be upto the NICC to investigate or whatever the name of the organisation is to look into these things.

Suthep does have a questionable record for land deals, he was also responsible for the fall of PAD due to certain shall we say also questionable deals.

After all Suthep is saying a lot of things about a lot of others, so why are you all of a sudden not interested in someone with a shady past with this kind of thing being investigated ? given the organisation hes leading and its claims wouldnt you want him to be clean ?

I see no problem with invesigating these claims, if it were another country the press would have been digging like mad to find out of these people were actually clean or a bunch of hypocrites... here it seems everyone would rather just make excuses to ignore it than find out the truth.

• Like 1

Not bad for someone who has declared himself to be in debt wink.png

Debts that has not been audited. If the debts were made in the form of intracompany loans, nonrecourse loans, or loans that allow interest and principal to be deferred for an unspecified time, they are not legitimate debts.

• Like 1

In Thai facebook, Suthep's son confirmed that he & friend bought it.

However he said that they already agreed to buy and paid a small deposit in June 2013.

They only recently transfer the land, in a second attempt; all payment in traceable cashier cheques, and not cash (apart for the tax).

1st time the land was closed by the protesters, and has to be postponed.

During the 2nd time, due to prior arrangement, the government office came to performance their duties, completed their transaction, and he paid all the tax.

He also post that there was no corruption used. All the money was his own, and his wife hard earn saving money.

Busted. Fingers in the honey pot and stuck.

The anti corruption movement leader - corrupt himself? Oh no...

Busted by PT and their convicted spokesperson?? Jacky you are sooo funny.
What is the Puea Thai spokesperson convicted of?

1. read articles before trolling.

2. Do research before posting nonsense.

How am I trolling or posting nonsense? I only asked for a clarification because I wasn't aware of it.

NOR are you aware that Suthep sent in the Army to quell your redshirt uprising after it took and acted on its marching orders from Khun Thaksin and co. to burn Bangkok to the ground.

So now that you are, let's never hear another uninformed word from you on these matters again. ;)

Edited by samuidave
  • Like 1

You faux reds and yellows do know that both sides are as corrupt as hell, right?

I presume that you also know that you cannot actually become a politician in this country without being corrupt.

Really funny reading posts by totally powerless non-entities (foreigners without a vote

) cheering on their side yelling out that the other guy is corrupt.

You people need a good injection of reality.

Equally hilarious is the belief that voting in your western homeland actually changes anything. But I bet you like to bitch about politics there just the same? Puffery cones in all forms.

Buying land with donation money?? I thought the donations were only a fraction of the total cost of keeping these rallies going.

Doesn't make sense imo.

Agreed, even if there was surplus money, he wouldn't be stupid enough to do this anyway.

Please don't try to distract from the topic here.

The issue is Suthep using protest donations to purchase land in his name.

Assume he did. Then he's the stupidest man in Thailand.

Assume he didn't. Then the issue is the frame-up by the PTP.

I don't think Suthep is the stupidest man in Thailand.

It's the son's name as co-buyer (what ever that means) so who are the other buyers? And they said the land office was closed at the time ... has it actually reopened now? Has anyone checked the the land office records.. This story is typical of Phua Thai (and the rest) so full of holes!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thaksin was convicted because his son and daughters held shares and land title deeds.

Suthep just did the exact same thing he is accusing Thaksin of.

Sure, it's exactly the same -- provided Suthep's son is a minor and the other co-buyers are Suthep's chauffeur and maid.

• Like 1

I didn't know the PDRC blocked the government from borrowing money. I thought it was the government which had not covered the rice price pledging scheme in the National Budget 2013-2014 and now in caretaker mode they are a bit stuck.

Blame the others seems to work well if you tell those lies often enough.

Don't you watch Suthep's nightly addresses Rubi? He has been openly boasting about sending his flock to surround any bank who even think about financing the rice loans. Must be hard to keep up with things when you are not paying full attention. I suggest watching nightly speeches, police announcements, government announcements & reading a selection of Thai newspapers to get a well rounded perspective. Or you could just stick to The Nation I suppose.

LMAO. Do you seriously believe the government has to physically attend to the Bank in order to arrange a loan? LMAO

• Like 1

I didn't know the PDRC blocked the government from borrowing money. I thought it was the government which had not covered the rice price pledging scheme in the National Budget 2013-2014 and now in caretaker mode they are a bit stuck.

Blame the others seems to work well if you tell those lies often enough.

Don't you watch Suthep's nightly addresses Rubi? He has been openly boasting about sending his flock to surround any bank who even think about financing the rice loans. Must be hard to keep up with things when you are not paying full attention. I suggest watching nightly speeches, police announcements, government announcements & reading a selection of Thai newspapers to get a well rounded perspective. Or you could just stick to The Nation I suppose.

LMAO. Do you seriously believe the government has to physically attend to the Bank in order to arrange a loan? LMAO

No, but no bank wants to be financially damaged if they get besieged by Suthep's thugs and militia after giving a loan.

He has after all threatened to shut down any bank that gives money to the government.

It has always amazed me that no one has looked into where all those donations go. That would be a story for a real news reporter.

People can't really believe they are "supporting the cause". This campaign has more money behind it than most of us can ever dream for.

• Like 2

It's public knowledge on the Internet that Suthep has already been implicated in giving land to 11 wealthy families in Phuket as part of the 1995 Land Reform Scheme in 1995. This caused him to launch a demonstration to counter the charges which later resulted in collapsing the government , the party and the resignation of Chuan Leekpai.

Other public information has it that many members of Suthep's own party have long been suspicious of his corrupt and unethical behavior. yet he is the supposed leader of a "reform" group that seeks to appoint 185 "privately selected people to head the council that develops the reform strategy.

Suthep has also been found responsible for murders of red shits in 2010. The Constitutional Court has found him responsible also for the murder of the Italian journalist. The DSI and police have agreed to file murder charges on him, according to public Internet sources. Yet there he is basking in the glory of turning Thailand in to a circus and bringing Bangkok to a halt. No one mentions Suthep's charges or past public information. Thailand is a very strange place.

Suthep has also been found responsible for murders of red shits in 2010. The Constitutional Court has found him responsible also for the murder of the Italian journalist. The DSI and police have agreed to file murder charges on him, according to public Internet sources. Yet there he is basking in the glory of turning Thailand in to a circus and bringing Bangkok to a halt. No one mentions Suthep's charges or past public information. Thailand is a very strange place.

Charges laid do not equate to "found responsible" especially when laid by a suborned government lackey. Or has there been a guilty verdict we haven't heard of?

• Like 2

It's public knowledge on the Internet that Suthep has already been implicated in giving land to 11 wealthy families in Phuket as part of the 1995 Land Reform Scheme in 1995. This caused him to launch a demonstration to counter the charges which later resulted in collapsing the government , the party and the resignation of Chuan Leekpai.

Other public information has it that many members of Suthep's own party have long been suspicious of his corrupt and unethical behavior. yet he is the supposed leader of a "reform" group that seeks to appoint 185 "privately selected people to head the council that develops the reform strategy.

...and he has received over 2,000 million (yes, 2 billion) Baht in donations. Nobody knows where it went and Suthep, who is big on preaching "transparency" is publishing absolutely no records.

His protesters are financed by unnamed backers ...so where did the donations go? Can't imagine tents and speakers costing 2 BILLION baht.

We've seen 280 million go towards a land purchase on January 29th. Where is the rest?

However he said that they already agreed to buy and paid a small deposit in June 2013.

They only recently transfer the land, in a second attempt; all payment in traceable cashier cheques, and not cash (apart for the tax).

During the 2nd time, due to prior arrangement, the government office came to performance their duties, completed their transaction, and he paid all the tax.

He also post that there was no corruption used. All the money was his own, and his wife hard earn saving money.

Oh, the son wrote on his Facebook page that this is all legitimate? Ok, everyone should forget about it then, it must be true if it's on Facebook. Well done to them for being able to save 10'million usd from their hard work at such a young age

The first part for sure. It was never reported fully as anybody doing so wold be bumped off. I was there when they tried to pin them down in 2005/06 but they were lucky that they managed to get a coup off the ground.

DSI were there again last year to look into that and "Influential figures" in Phuket. This is why PDRC raided the DSI in Bangkok. Bet they knew exactly which papers to look for and destroy there.

Your second para came to light because of wkileaks and was a leaked report from the US Embassy. Democrat Politicians had voiced concerns at the Embassy during normal course of meetings.

These are much stronger than rumours. It is well reported in real media as well!!!

• Like 1

It has always amazed me that no one has looked into where all those donations go. That would be a story for a real news reporter.

People can't really believe they are "supporting the cause". This campaign has more money behind it than most of us can ever dream for.

Agreed. There appears to be little transparency in the collection and distribution of all this money. Ironic considering the rhetoric with regards to corruption that the PDRC espouse on a daily basis.

I also wonder whether these collections maybe used against Suthep at a later date?

Thai law states that political donations over 20,000 baht must be made by cheque or draft.

We see, on a regular basis, vast sums of cash being handed in over to Suthep on the streets, it would appear there are scant records of these transactions.

Considering the trouble the Democrats have had in the past with political donations I'm surprised to see such a laissez-faire approach.

PDRC should be operating to much higher standards if they are to have any credibility with regards to their stance on corruption.

Edited by wave
  • Like 1

Why would any sensible citizen donate hard-earned cash to a person with this curriculum vitae ??? The history prior to 1995 is that he made his family fortune logging forests in Surat Thani Province. A recent study found that the deforestation that resulted was "ecological Armageddon" for wildlife and biodiversity. He is hardly a pillar of society, or the environment so unfortunate he has turned out as the champion of what may otherwise be a worthy cause.

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 2

Oh, the son wrote on his Facebook page that this is all legitimate? Ok, everyone should forget about it then, it must be true if it's on Facebook. Well done to them for being able to save 10'million usd from their hard work at such a young age

Yet you have no problem taking as gospel the words of PTP's propaganda mouthpiece, why is that?

• Like 1

Why would any sensible citizen donate hard-earned cash to a person with this curriculum vitae ??? The history prior to 1995 is that he made his family fortune logging forests in Surat Thani Province. A recent study found that the deforestation that resulted was "ecological Armageddon" for wildlife and biodiversity. He is hardly a pillar of society, or the environment so unfortunate he has turned out as the champion of what may otherwise be a worthy cause.

I don't think sensible citizens are donating to him

Suthep using all of Musollinis tactics has whipped a bunch of easily lead and soft willed people into a frenzy of hatred and nationalism.

Lets hope there are sensible people in thailand who can pull some of them away from him and back into the middle.

The sheer brass neck of Suthep to have his son lined up as the PDRC leader is breathtaking. But, at least his brazeness allows people to clearly see then nature of the man.

• Like 1