Weekend Graduate Diploma courses - Bangkok

First off, a quick summary of my situation.

My gf and I live in the Isaan countryside, where I teach English and she does some casual teaching now and then. Later this year we're moving to Bangkok so that I can study Thai, our plan is to study there for 1-2 years and then return to Isaan, where we would open our own tutoring business & get jobs at local schools.

It then occurred to me, that if I have time, it might be beneficial to look into doing some study on the weekends as well. Since I'll be in Bangkok for around a year, there might be a graduate diploma course which I could do on the weekends. Either in education, science or maths, so that when I come back to teach, I'd be better qualified. My gf could maybe also do the same course (As well as a Mon-Fri course), and if both of us were doing it, we'd find it easier (Since we could help each other), and it'd be kinda fun to do something together.

This would obviously be a big commitment time wise, but I figure I'm going to do a graduate diploma in teaching at some point regardless, the only question is whether I'm working Mon-Fri and studying Sat/Sun, or if I'm studying Mon - Sun. This would be the only opportunity for us to do this study in English, since the universities near where we normally live, don't offer courses in English (Although after I've studied Thai for a year, I might be able to study in Thai, particularly if my gf was also studying the same course with me).

And before people berate the fact that Thai qualifications aren't international recognised, yes I understand that, but it's not very practical to return to NZ for a year of study (Particularly when it's my intention to live/work in Thailand).

So yeah, if anyone has any information on international graduate diploma courses in Education/Maths/Science which have options to just study on the weekends, I'd appreciate any information you can provide. Particularly any which are offered by universities near Chulalongkorn, as that's where I want to study Thai so assume we'll get an apartment near there. Although we could commute to other places in Bangkok, particularly if we were both studying together.

Also if you know what the entry requirements generally are, that'd be interesting as well. Since I've got a Bachelor of Commerce (And not the best GPA), which might not qualify me for entry to the program, as it's a different subject field (Although I think for a GradDip it's probably ok? I know I couldn't go into a masters program though). My gf has a BEngineering (With a good GPA), so I assume she would be able to get entry to any maths/science/teaching course more easily than me.

It seems most Thai universities scrapped their international grad diploma programs aside from Asian University which really doesn't do you any good being it's in Chonburi.

I know Assumption University and St. Theresa offer international MEd programs. Take a look at www.studyinthailand.org for more options if you haven't already run across it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yeah my gf was saying that they don't have graduate diplomas in Thailand, which seemed a little bit weird as to the best of my knowledge most other countries do (And Thailand used to have them).

Although from what she's said, masters programs aren't very difficult to get into here (From the sounds, you don't have to have done honours, and you aren't necessarily restricted to the same faculty that your bachelor's degree was in).

A masters would be better than a graduate diploma, although it'd also mean an extra year of study.

They really aren't difficult to get into so long as your GPA is 2.5 or better. A lot of my friends from Ramkhamhaeng went on to do their master degree in Thailand at ABAC and NIDA. Most chose to study in different fields and had no problems getting in. I know Chula has some programs but they are probably the most expensive in Thailand aside from AIT.

Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm not sure where you guys are getting your information about graduate programs being scrapped. As far as I know, it's totally not true. In fact, growth in international undergraduate and graduate programs is growing more than ever before thanks to ASEAN. Check the websites of the universities in Bangkok and you will find a ton of information on the subject.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting your information about graduate programs being scrapped. As far as I know, it's totally not true. In fact, growth in international undergraduate and graduate programs is growing more than ever before thanks to ASEAN. Check the websites of the universities in Bangkok and you will find a ton of information on the subject.

I'm referring to post-graduate diploma courses, not graduate programs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If Anyone need weekend MBA International Program with affordable price in Bangkok, than drop me email here. Study only weekends and gain your ed visa and find out what you can do in bkk.

Why PM?

Cant you post it on the open forum? I'm sort of interested.

RAZZ

You can send a PM to the poster.

I appreciate that - but I thought the point of an "open forum" was to share knowledge?

By communicating by PM - people might share wrong information. Also, others might have a view of that particular course or institution which they could add to the debate???

RAZZ