getting a mortgage in Thailand

Sorry but im sure this subject has been done before. I would like to know the do,s and don't,s of getting a mortgage from a bank in Thailand. if some member has done this can you please share your experience with me. (EXAMPLE; A house costing 2,650,000million, putting down a deposit of 1,000,000 million and borrowing 1,650,000 million. thanks

If you have a wife and she works SCB will loan her 80%

wife buys house, you pay mortgage they will loan 50%

We my wife got a loan to buy a house from SCB used my UK pension as proof of income to cover the loan, ( belive it or not true ) not our first property loan here SCB are great.wai2.gif

Indeed, SCB do seem to try to help and find solutions where other banks can't be bothered.

As a foreigner you can't get a mortgage, but your wife can, she'll need a job even if you're paying.

We got a construction loan with stage payments to our contractor followed up by a mortgage on the completed house, wifey does work, but my income was taken into account (no idea how they worked out what we could borrow mind).

Mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and other debt facilities are all available if you meet the criteria. As well as the normal ID requirements and rules with buying a property, you'll need a very solid income and at least a year's tax receipts (some banks ask for more), plus a letter and other documents from your employer. Expect to have a large deposit. As for banks, UOB and HSBC both go through their international divisions. Bangkok Bank used to only do it through its Singapore branch. Of the other local banks I only know of SCB and TMB who offer finance and it's based on high (60-70%) loan ratio, with an amortisation period of no more than 7 years.

Good luck.

Mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and other debt facilities are all available if you meet the criteria. As well as the normal ID requirements and rules with buying a property, you'll need a very solid income and at least a year's tax receipts (some banks ask for more), plus a letter and other documents from your employer. Expect to have a large deposit. As for banks, UOB and HSBC both go through their international divisions. Bangkok Bank used to only do it through its Singapore branch. Of the other local banks I only know of SCB and TMB who offer finance and it's based on high (60-70%) loan ratio, with an amortisation period of no more than 7 years.

Good luck.

Which is just wrong information,

Your Thai lady (gf/wife) can get a 90% home loan on the flimsiest of documentation for up to 35 years (they don't lend beyond age 65). No tax records required at all.

I should know, I did it last year.

@oldgent

Forget getting your name on anything. More trouble than it's worth.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 2

Good luck.

Which is just wrong information,

Your Thai lady (gf/wife) can get a 90% home loan on the flimsiest of documentation for up to 35 years (they don't lend beyond age 65). No tax records required at all.

I should know, I did it last year.

@oldgent

Forget getting your name on anything. More trouble than it's worth.

Who with and what did you show?

RAZZ