Moving to Krabi

flossiebear

Hi,

Can anyone help or have any suggestions about renting a property in Krabi. We currently rent in Chiang Rai and after a visit to Krabi a few weeks ago have decided Krabi is where we would like to live. We are looking for House or similar with 2 beds and small enclosed garden/yard as we have 2 small well behaved and clean dogs! We did spend 7 days here looking a few weeks ago and could not find anything to rent! plenty to buy! I have posted a topic on Ao Nang Locals (Local forum) and have a couple of people who are kindly keeping a lookout.

Our budget is around 6,000 - 8,000 but could go to 10,000 bht a month for the right place. we are looking to rent long term 12+ months. Also any suggestions about how we could just come down to be in the area and maybe rent by the month as I can't see we are going to find anything stuck up here!

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

You were there looking for a week, and did not find anything? You look between Ao Nang and Khlong Muang (?) as I have seen plenty of signs.Where did you look?

One thing you will need to be careful about is the dogs, certain types of locals won't go for them so suss out the neighbors when looking.

• Like 1

all i can say is good luck lived around ao nang 7 years been looking for a decent place for 2 months no joy at all ,very few decent places and they are priced 15,000+ and already rented,if your coming from chaing rai you are gonna find it expensive around here,you might find a thai house which i call shopfront houses consists of one bedroom with one kitchen for 6,000 but they are not very comfortable at all and severely lack any security.

this time of year i find it impossible when it quietens down nearer to april maybe more available at better prices.

grumpy the road between ao nang and kloung muang is being widened its a complete mess at the moment and most sign been removed as they have dug all the road up.

P.S op could use some of the ferang agents around ao nang but obviously they add a couple of thousand commission on and double charge for elec and water.

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1

All I can say is that I do not recommend you do take the word of mouth path and don't take the online route, and in particular avoid the main website you will find if you google for agents in Krabi (and there aren't many).

We went with a seemingly good agent located online and the escapade cost us quite a bit of money, as well as a huge amount of inconvenience and stress. The problems weren't obvious when we looked at the property but soon surfaced when we moved in (power tripping 10x a day under low usage, loosely connected and unsealed plastic water supply pipes literally falling apart between the butts and the house under even low water pressure, constant issues in the short time we remained there and this was not a cheap property), but the main issue was that the agent simply abandoned us when the issues arose, and whilst we did manage to get most of our deposit back directly from the landlord, the agent (despite promising to pay us back) kept their commission and eventually ignored all comms :-/

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

I think you would be very unlikely to find a two bed in your price range.

Add to that the fact the area has a very Muslim population and Muslims are actively discouraged from keeping dogs. Your landlord may decline the dogs if he is a Muslim as has happened to a friend of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app