Grenade attack injures three protesters

Lite Beer

This series of attack rise question about the implication of the CMPO and gov .

Chalerm said "attack likely continue against protester"

Why he do nothing ? Why he let attacker continue their job ? Why I continue to blame protester then there are evidences about participation of "third party" ?

Why he not stop UDD to provoke PRDC at LAKSI ?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reply to all the mor...c replies in this thread:

Please read the OP again before you make such mor...c remarks.

"Police were barred from entering the scene by the guards."

How do you want the Police to make arrests if they are not allowed to investigate the crime scene??????????????

TV yellow propaganda at work again.

...and the biggest supply of m79 grenades is held by the army....who do have links with the PDRC loonies

• Like 1

Reply to all the mor...c replies in this thread:

Please read the OP again before you make such mor...c remarks.

"Police were barred from entering the scene by the guards."

How do you want the Police to make arrests if they are not allowed to investigate the crime scene??????????????

TV yellow propaganda at work again.

and how is investigating the scene of a grenade explosion going to solve anything Sherlock, the police need to be proactive around the sites not at them

proactive as in being beat to a pulp like those 3 police officers

Hi everyone, me need to go to Chaeng Wattana to apply an visa extension, seems near this protest site, so will it be safe to go now?

Planned get there by railway to Lak Si station.

Chaeng Wattana Immigration is closed, check the immigration website and you will find the answer to your question

• Like 1

Not to mention laying siege to Bangkok's streets and intersections, blocking off the offices of government, blocking access to election booths and blockading distribution of ballots in a free and open election....the list goes on and on.

Of course they could all go home, no risk of grenades there, or protest publicly from street corners and the sidewalks or any of a number of internationally accepted means of demonstrating your ideas and issues and putting them on display, then voting in an election, but hey....why ruin the lawless fun....

But I do love all the little crocodile tears being shed here...all together now...kleenex!

There's a big difference between not agreeing with the protests/overthrow movement, and not feeling sorry for people who are seriously injured. It is always easier to make jokes about other people who are in Critical Care Units, than it is to spend time in the CCU yourself. Surgery and drugs in hospital are no fun, and neither are the lifelong complications you can get from damage to internal organs. As the old saying goes ; "its easy to be philosophical when its some other person who is suffering." On the internet a lot of people are very cruel towards injured and dying people, but those web pundits sing a very different song when it is they themselves laying on the blue rubber sheet in agony.

I personally disagree with the protests lasting for months and turning into an overthrow/kidnap movement, blocking voters, and with beating voters. They should have protested the amnesty in November then gone home, having made a very powerful statement. But it also saddens me greatly when the protestors are injured.

I couldn't say I've ever seen a true monk dress in such a shoddy way as to reveal his gut......... until I saw the above photo.

Phra Issara, or whatever he likes to name himself, is in no way a true monk. I am confused as to who this man actually is, and what his real function is there.

Something very weird about this guy, despite his attempts to negotiate for what seems some kind of equilibrium against violence.

Or is somebody going to tell me that's his hand?? wink.png

Seriously? It's his forearm. Bored today were you?

• Like 1

"sigh" More injuries, hope they recover soon.

A few observations, these M 79s attacks at this site are probably made by the same group all the time and the site is a very poor choice as it gives many options of attack from outside.

The perimeter isnt patrolled by security services or police, the army cound be doing it but oooo surprise they arnt ....ooo the guards arnt either surprise, surprise. The police arn't welcome inside or out and cannot function around the perimeter with the guards inside being jumpy the police would either get the blame for any attack or be shot at when guards panic no point even asking the police to patrol outside its just not healthy, the cctv isnt being shared with police either. Don't blame the police on this one they are not wanted

Even Suthep has suggested they move due to its vulnerability, its tragic more are getting hurt but isnt it time to either let the police help or move ? preferrable that they go home and the robed bloke that is acting nothing like a monk hands himself in to authorities, staying will likely only cause more to be hurt.

Edited by englishoak

Speaking of Army helping out on the Suthep side. Pic of Asoke now. Sunday evening is usually one of the busyier times.

a. Where are all the 6 million people supposed to be holding Bangkok to ransom.

b. Why, if there is no plot by the elites to get Suthep in power are the Police not allowed to move this sad rabble along?

BgBsso3IAAAmHD6.jpg

Not sure but possibly the same reason they did sweet FA in 2010 when some other bunch of protesters set up huge barricades and closed parts of central Bangkok.

I couldn't say I've ever seen a true monk dress in such a shoddy way as to reveal his gut......... until I saw the above photo.

Phra Issara, or whatever he likes to name himself, is in no way a true monk. I am confused as to who this man actually is, and what his real function is there.

Something very weird about this guy, despite his attempts to negotiate for what seems some kind of equilibrium against violence.

Or is somebody going to tell me that's his hand?? ;)

Another expert on Buddhist clergy regulations ...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Not sure but possibly the same reason they did sweet FA in 2010 when some other bunch of protesters set up huge barricades and closed parts of central Bangkok.

In 2010 there were a minimum of 5,000 protesters 24 hours a day that's why. These protest sites are largely deserted. I agree with pipkins. At 5 a.m. bring in a few hundred cops, dismantle the stage & open the thoroughfare. If they put it back up do it again the next day.

It would be a refreshing change if either the writers or the editor checked the salient facts.

The maximum range of a M79 is in fact around 400 meters and the effective range is 350 meters and not 100 meters as stated.

This is rather critical as should the authorities use the 100 meter error to determine the perimeter search then they will be well short.

Furthermore the M79 has a most distinct sound signature which would be clearly audible at 100 meters depending on ambient noise.

• Like 1

At this stage we don't know who shot the grenades.

Suthep and the terrorist protesters have made so many enemies over the last few months, it could be anyone. Business interests have lost millions of Baht, hardcore red shirts, hard core yellow shirts, unpaid yellow shirt protesters, blocked voters, the list goes on. Hopefully they can catch and identify whoever is responsible for this cowardly act. But in any case, this is Thailand and if you play with fire, you will get burned.

terrorist protester: someone who demonstrates for or against a political cause, while being under the impression that it is a democratic right, and is

repeatedly targeted by bullets and grenades.

• Like 1

40+ attacks on the protestors over the past 3 months, but still not a single arrest...

some need to read the article again. How can the police make arrests when the PDRC guards refuse to let them examine the crime scene. Can't anyone be slightly objective in their comments and or use a semblance of intelligence?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Or is somebody going to tell me that's his hand?? ;)

He is in the process of being defrocked of his monkhood now! Can't be a monk and an activist at the same time...

Putting aside the political believes, this is the work of a murderer or murderers, that should be apprehended immediately and brought to justice.

Behaviour like that is not human.

Oh it's all to very human just look through out history but agree with you on this one Costs, just plain wrong.

Anyone who has lived in Thailand for any length of time and has two braincells that occasionally collide knows who these attacks are being carried out by, and also who is giving the instructions. Amazing that there are farangs posting here in support of these criminals, but then birds of a feather flock together. sad.png

Or is somebody going to tell me that's his hand?? wink.png

He is in the process of being defrocked of his monkhood now! Can't be a monk and an activist at the same time...

"Can't be a monk and an activist at the same time..."

attachicon.gifdal.jpg

"Hellooo"

Made oi laaf ! :D

Isn't it a bit sickening that the only people who snigger about injury and death are Thaksin supporters?

They must have been very unloved as children.

Maybe Suthep can do another couple of days marching to get them therapy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Totally Agree !!! .... Sure are some sick posters on TV ....

There certainly are! Imagine supporting the fascist overthrow of a democratically elected government.

Sickening!

Why he do nothing ? Why he let attacker continue their job ? Why I continue to blame protester then there are evidences about participation of "third party" ?

Why not go home?

Isn't it a bit sickening that the only people who snigger about injury and death are Thaksin supporters?

They must have been very unloved as children.

Maybe Suthep can do another couple of days marching to get them therapy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

what a sweeping statement

Why not go home?

What a completely fatuous remark. The reason why Chalerm has stated that the attacks are likely to continue is because he knows who is organising them - the Thai Police under the orders of the Bangkok Metropolitan Police Chief. No wonder most Thais have absolutely no respect for them. Most of the RTP are utter garbage and it goes right down to the lower levels.

An example: I was in my car one evening recently after leaving my office and waiting to turn left into Suriwongse Road on my way home. Heavy traffic of course. The policeman in the booth on the corner of Rama IV and Suriwongse stopped a motorcycle taxi drive with a pretty young girl on the back not wearing a helmet, obviously on her way to her evening job by the look of her attire. When the policeman took the keys of the motorcycle, the expression on the girl's face was one of utter contempt. Her lip just curled up and the look on her face was one of hatred. I must say, I cannot blame her. I have exactly the same opinion.

There are some really good people in the RTP but they are completely hidden by the crass corruption of a very large number of very bad ones. Unfortunately, under Thaksin, only the very bad ones get promoted while the good ones are left to languish in obscurity.

Why not go home?

What a completely fatuous remark. The reason why Chalerm has stated that the attacks are likely to continue is because he knows who is organising them - the Thai Police under the orders of the Bangkok Metropolitan Police Chief. No wonder most Thais have absolutely no respect for them. Most of the RTP are utter garbage and it goes right down to the lower levels.

An example: I was in my car one evening recently after leaving my office and waiting to turn left into Suriwongse Road on my way home. Heavy traffic of course. The policeman in the booth on the corner of Rama IV and Suriwongse stopped a motorcycle taxi drive with a pretty young girl on the back not wearing a helmet, obviously on her way to her evening job by the look of her attire. When the policeman took the keys of the motorcycle, the expression on the girl's face was one of utter contempt. Her lip just curled up and the look on her face was one of hatred. I must say, I cannot blame her. I have exactly the same opinion.

There are some really good people in the RTP but they are completely hidden by the crass corruption of a very large number of very bad ones. Unfortunately, under Thaksin, only the very bad ones get promoted while the good ones are left to languish in obscurity.

Ok forgetting for a second that the RTP are woefully inept your example is a bit confusing....

The girl was breaking the law as was the motorcycle taxi, in any other country youd be expected to turn off the engine and get off the bike and then probably be arrested if a licensed taxi and lose the licence, both the driver and the passenger fined and probably a good few hours wasted doing all this.

what in your example would to suggest is the correct thing to do, ignore them or let them drive off as ive seen so many do.

Im not btw of the opinion the ~RTP are great but your example and claiming that was worthy of hatred i dont understand.

Why not go home?

Ok forgetting for a second that the RTP are woefully inept your example is a bit confusing....

The girl was breaking the law as was the motorcycle taxi, in any other country youd be expected to turn off the engine and get off the bike and then probably be arrested if a licensed taxi and lose the licence, both the driver and the passenger fined and probably a good few hours wasted doing all this.

what in your example would to suggest is the correct thing to do, ignore them or let them drive off as ive seen so many do.

Im not btw of the opinion the ~RTP are great but your example and claiming that was worthy of hatred i dont understand.

I do not know where you are living in Thailand or how long you have been here, and nor do I care, but I live in Bangkok and have done so for over 30 years. The number of Thais I know who have told me over the years how much they hate the police numbers in the thousands. Under Maslow's theory, if one person tells someone something, ten more will be told the same thing each of whom will tell ten more each and so on ad infinitum. Accordingly, I would guess that a very large number of Thais have absolutely no respect for the RTF as a force. They are simply too corrupt.

• Like 1

Why not go home?

"What a completely fatuous remark"

And yet all you can do is whine on about all Thais not respecting the police, which is of course borne of their total lack of regard for law and order.

Talking about fatuous, how about using an example of a girl breaking the law to make your point!